Theo Johnson TE

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
wow.... Just saw an interview Wiltfong did this week with Theo Johnson after his OV to UGA last weekend. This paragraph really caught my attention....

“Coach Hartley was saying to me they don’t want me they need me because of the numbers and how they’re losing two guys this year,” Johnson recapped. “Coach Smart was just saying he thinks it’s a good fit for me but you have realize that yourself. One thing he did say that stood out to me, he asked me what my brother’s plan is after football. I said he wants to be a coach. He said he’d be interested in putting my brother on in a QC or GA role if he decides he wants to go straight into coaching after he’s done taking his shot at the pros. I thought that was pretty cool he said that. He said that would be good to have somebody in your family close by. He said at some point you’re going to get homesick that’s part of going away. It stood out that he said that.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
We won’t even recruit kids at the position they want to play let alone make moves like that.

Lol! Thank u. Kids say he wants to play RB, we tell him.....ummmmm, that’s a no, Joe. We want you at S. Lol. This is the difference between a coach/school doing whatever it takes to land a high profiled player v. a coach/school being stagnant and dedicated to their vision. We’re seeing the same thing w how things r played out on the field, as well.

Last edited:
wow.... Just saw an interview Wiltfong did this week with Theo Johnson after his OV to UGA last weekend. This paragraph really caught my attention....

“Coach Hartley was saying to me they don’t want me they need me because of the numbers and how they’re losing two guys this year,” Johnson recapped. “Coach Smart was just saying he thinks it’s a good fit for me but you have realize that yourself. One thing he did say that stood out to me, he asked me what my brother’s plan is after football. I said he wants to be a coach. He said he’d be interested in putting my brother on in a QC or GA role if he decides he wants to go straight into coaching after he’s done taking his shot at the pros. I thought that was pretty cool he said that. He said that would be good to have somebody in your family close by. He said at some point you’re going to get homesick that’s part of going away. It stood out that he said that.”
Sounds like what USC did with that Ohio TE we wanted so badly in the 2000's. Got his brother an apt. and job in L.A.

Some guys gotta bring along their Mama's.

This is not like Jobe who only wanted to take his teddy bear along.

Don't need a separate apt. for a teddy bear. Not even a doll house. I guess nobody puts teddy bears in a doll house anyway. I don't know much about this stuff.

Advertisement

This sort of stuff simply should be against the rules.

This is exactly why there needs to be a limit on the number of support staff.

Advertisement
Back