Off-Topic Theme Parks

Dees Brown

Freshman
Premium
Love them? Or hate them?

If you like them, whast your favorite?

Universal was always my favorite, with Jaws, Dueling Dragons, Hulk, Mummy ride.

DC has a theme park with a indoor rollercoaster that wwnt from 0-60 in like 6 seconds or something.

As of lately, I hate going to them.

Advertisement
Last time I went to a theme park, a week later a kid fell out of a seat in the same row I was sitting in and died. That's turned me off a little bit from them lately.

Last time I went to a theme park, a week later a kid fell out of a seat in the same row I was sitting in and died. That's turned me off a little bit from them lately.
I remember that story. Now every ride seem like they have a 5 point harness.

Advertisement
Neutral. But just got back to getting Disney passes. So excited about that. Living in Orlando it’s an easy out for something to do. Just go out there and walk sometimes.

When I was a kid, I used to go on summer vacations to the Jersey Shore and I’d always go on this roller coaster at Seaside Heights called Star Jet. The video below doesn’t really do it justice because it doesn’t convey how flimsy the track felt. It does show, though, how you were literally right over the Atlantic Ocean.

When you rode it at night, the intensity was further heightened because not only were you right over the water, you also couldn’t see anything due to the poor boardwalk lightning. Those 7-8 seconds after the lift hill while you were turning into the drop were just pure fright. 60 feet in the air, surrounded by darkness, with the smell of the salty sea in your nostrils. Your imagination would be running wild. It was almost a RELIEF when the drop occurred. Much much scarier than any 300 foot Six Flags ride I’ve ever been on.

Sadly, it washed away during Superstorm Sandy in 2012.

Last edited:
Only attraction at a theme park that would interest me is the hot mama’s. Haven’t been to one since 2000 when we went to Sea World and Universal. Both were OK but I have no desire to be packed in like a can of sardines with a bunch of screaming rug rats and their idiot parents.

Advertisement
I started working at Epcot in 2004 and Magic Kingdom in 2006. Universal in 2018. I’ve seen a lot of changes. Disney has been intolerable since the pandemic and only now do we see small signs of the company making an effort to improve the guest experience.
All theme parks are still very crowded with the off season almost entirely non existent now.
I’m in my mid 40s and I am done waiting over an hour for anything. I typically walktrhough the parks and enjoy the theming and dining, rather than wait for cutting edge attractions.

Sea World has the longest off season to find slow days in the park.

Universal still has some slow days.

Disney, I read a headline there was a slow day recently, but don’t bet on it.

Keep your eyes out for deals in the next year or two. They are coming.

Universal Epic Universe opens 2 years from now. Looks amazing. I may be willing to wait in line for those attractions. Brightline should open a station nearby allowing a speedy route from downtown Miami.

I would love to see a Zelda themed area in Universal’s Islands of Adventure. Only rumored for now.

Last edited:
I started working at Epcot in 2004 and Magic Kingdom in 2006. Universal in 2018. I’ve seen a lot of changes. Disney has been intolerable since the pandemic and only now do we see small signs of the company making an effort to improve the guest experience.
All theme parks are still very crowded with the off season almost entirely non existent now.
I’m in my mid 40s and I am done waiting over an hour for anything. I typically walktrhough the parks and enjoy the theming and dining, rather than wait for cutting edge attractions.

Sea World has the longest off season to find slow days in the park.

Universal still has some slow days.

Disney, I read a headline there was a slow day recently, but don’t bet on it.

Keep your eyes out for deals in the next year or two. They are coming.

Universal Epic Universe opens 2 years from now. Looks amazing. I may be willing to wait in line for those attractions. Brightline should open a station nearby allowing a speedy route from downtown Miami.

I would love to see a Zelda themed area in Universal’s Islands of Adventure. Only rumored for now.
I have relatives with DVC who go yearly. This is exactly what they have to say about it.

Advertisement
I lived in Orlando from 91-93 and 2001-2019...Didn't go to that waste of $$$ Joke one time. Only time I went was 1996 because my kids wanted to go, and it was Fl residents month, which entitled you to both Parks (Disney, & Universal for the price of one.

Neutral. But just got back to getting Disney passes. So excited about that. Living in Orlando it’s an easy out for something to do. Just go out there and walk sometimes.
When you have a pass there is no pressure to get things done. In years past we would go on the 4th just to see the fireworks. We'd pick a spot and sit there for hours. No big deal. You can take your time, ride what you want. If not, ride it next time.

Advertisement
The standing still in the middle of a walkway is

a big "what the **** is wrong with you" for me. Hyper inconsiderate and stupid move. Seems to happen everywhere all thr time now.

Near the top of my grievance list.

A lot of inconsiderate people nowadays. If 1/16 of people actually cared how their own actions affected others it'd be a markedly improved world. And I'm guilty of being an a$$. I just try to improve on myself.

Advertisement
Back