The Work - Final Stretch

View as article
..i remember when Brini committed to UGA and people went bonkers. now, he is not a take for UM and got dropped by UGA and dropped a star. trust the coaches.

Advertisement
From Pete. Let's not **** it up please.

View attachment 42178

Jeff Thomas - Announcing Wednesday 10AM on ESPNU

In what should be good exposure for Mark Richt and the Canes on signing day, Thomas will announce his decision his decision live on ESPNU from his school. Thomas was Miami's to lose heading into the weekend and the fact that he cancelled his Oregon OV is even more of a signal that the Canes are in good shape. The last wide receiver to pick Miami on ESPNU? Stacy Coley.

Mike Harley - Announcing Wednesday 10:15 AM on CBS Sports' National Signing Day Special

Harley to Miami is the worst-kept secret out there at this point, but it's another nationally-televised announced which Richt has to love. The speed that him and Thomas would bring is just what the doctor ordered.

C.J. Henderson - Announcing Noon Wednesday at Columbus - CanesInSight will be live on-site

Everything that I've heard with Henderson points to him signing with Miami on signing day. Late last week, sources said that the Columbus speedster had informed all staffs recruiting him (Miami, UF, Alabama) of his decision. A source close to Henderson told me last that nothing had changed since then and unless something changes, it will be the Hurricanes. This could end up being the biggest snag for Miami down the stretch just based on the battle itself. Not only were the Gators in the lead for a substantial portion of time, but this is a guy who Nick Saban wanted badly at cornerback.

Brian Edwards - Announcing Wednesday at Miramar (Time TBD) - CanesInSight will be live on-site

Edwards went through with his scheduled visit to UF this weekend, but Miami is still in position to land his signature come Wednesday morning. Not only is his family fully on-board with the Hurricanes, but the combined recruiting effort of Mike Rumph and Ephraim Banda won Edwards over last week, according to sources. Florida is not confident on their chances either. Side note: Miami loved Edwards' attitude and demeanor on the official visit last weekend and defensive coaches believe he will see the field early and often next season.

Jhavonte Dean - Announcing Wednesday and Blinn Junior College (Time TBD)

Dean has been a heavy Canes lean since early December and nothing has changed. Anything other than Miami would be a surprise for the south Florida native.

Jordan Pouncey - Announcing Wednesday via commitment video on Twitter (Time TBD)

The latest buzz here has been Texas and I'm not sure this is a decision that Canes coaches will lose much sleep over. It does not appear that he has been a priority for the staff and they are satisfied with a receivers class of Evidence Njoku, Thomas, and Harley.

I like the news almost as much as your avatar

I think this staff has done a very solid job. Right now there is Bama and OSU getting who they want. Then FSU and a few other teams getting most of what they want. Then everyone else. Okay not everyone else . . . I think we are probably in that third class though.

We have 2 QBs in the class. Look at what UGA is about to do, signing a 5 star right after the top qb last year. Richt will be able to land those types of guys. NKosi and Allison seem like they are the future here. Then we read Weldon is not slim pickings. Then Allison may not be the future. Well, to have 3 very talented kids competing at qb is going to be awesome! I believe we have upgraded the spot even if they aren't better than BK next year.

I don't want to overstate the importance of Gautheir contributing on the OL. Say what you want about the OL, they definitely made strides under the strength and conditioning last year. I expect more of that. Getting Sunny back healthy will be huge. Donaldson and Herbert will be ****ing huge! I am getting excited about Gaynor as well, even if he shirts next year. George Brown, if he takes a step forward . . . I know this is an optimistic post here, but the OL may in fact be solid next season. I thought during the season it would take at least 2 classes, so this year and next year to get where we need to be. We might just get there a year early! The way it looks to me is we are going to be 2 deep on the OL, running 10 guys out there. Darling, maybe he slides inside. ****, Gaynor might be a mean mutha ****a that starts game 1, who knows. **** Im getting jacked, and it aint even signing day!

Okay, I am disappointed in the rb spot. Edwards staying would be nice. A grad transfer, even if marginal is better than a Golden special at rb. Gray has to contribute in some capacity. If Burns isn't healthy then I don't think we can afford to run Walton on special teams. And Im not sure we can run Homer on special teams either if Burns isn't healthy. We are not in an ideal spot . . . We did run Moss and Payton out there a while back!

I like Harley, Thomas, and NJoku at wideout. We def missed out here though. Jeudy and Smith would have been nice.

I like what we are returning at tight end.

Yeah I like the class a lot.

Could you possibly change your user pic? I love it, but it's not a good look at work when an *** shows up on my computer screen.

Advertisement
Trying to remember- a couple weeks back Pete reported on a recruit considering a visit and then the recruit immediately tweeted out a denial. Suspected it was a false flag op by the coaching staff to suss out a recruit who was just trying to waste their time. Who was the recruit?

I think this staff has done a very solid job. Right now there is Bama and OSU getting who they want. Then FSU and a few other teams getting most of what they want. Then everyone else. Okay not everyone else . . . I think we are probably in that third class though.

We have 2 QBs in the class. Look at what UGA is about to do, signing a 5 star right after the top qb last year. Richt will be able to land those types of guys. NKosi and Allison seem like they are the future here. Then we read Weldon is not slim pickings. Then Allison may not be the future. Well, to have 3 very talented kids competing at qb is going to be awesome! I believe we have upgraded the spot even if they aren't better than BK next year.

I don't want to overstate the importance of Gautheir contributing on the OL. Say what you want about the OL, they definitely made strides under the strength and conditioning last year. I expect more of that. Getting Sunny back healthy will be huge. Donaldson and Herbert will be ****ing huge! I am getting excited about Gaynor as well, even if he shirts next year. George Brown, if he takes a step forward . . . I know this is an optimistic post here, but the OL may in fact be solid next season. I thought during the season it would take at least 2 classes, so this year and next year to get where we need to be. We might just get there a year early! The way it looks to me is we are going to be 2 deep on the OL, running 10 guys out there. Darling, maybe he slides inside. ****, Gaynor might be a mean mutha ****a that starts game 1, who knows. **** Im getting jacked, and it aint even signing day!

Okay, I am disappointed in the rb spot. Edwards staying would be nice. A grad transfer, even if marginal is better than a Golden special at rb. Gray has to contribute in some capacity. If Burns isn't healthy then I don't think we can afford to run Walton on special teams. And Im not sure we can run Homer on special teams either if Burns isn't healthy. We are not in an ideal spot . . . We did run Moss and Payton out there a while back!

I like Harley, Thomas, and NJoku at wideout. We def missed out here though. Jeudy and Smith would have been nice.

Could you possibly change your user pic? I love it, but it's not a good look at work when an *** shows up on my computer screen.

Yeah I had same issue so I just turned off images. Also no one can see my ***** confederate flag.

Trying to remember- a couple weeks back Pete reported on a recruit considering a visit and then the recruit immediately tweeted out a denial. Suspected it was a false flag op by the coaching staff to suss out a recruit who was just trying to waste their time. Who was the recruit?

Shawn Davis

Advertisement
Some people still holding out hope on Smith there is a 0% chance he signs with Miami

Shawn Davis

Thanks!

Yeah I had same issue so I just turned off images. Also no one can see my ***** confederate flag.

What's the deal with the ***** Confederate flag?

Advertisement

:sanford:

People who fly confederate flags are ******. Avatar synergy. Folks act like they've never seen a ***** before but I'd hazard a guess that 75% of the posters who showed up for the first time during recruiting season to dump on the class own at least two. Anywho I changed it.

Advertisement
Dean, Harley, Thomas and either Edwards (my preference) or Henderson and it's a good close imo (along with Herbert). Both Henderson and Edwards even better. Those not happy w/ the class were clearly hoping for a Saban/Meyer type of class this year but that was never in the cards imo. The names above give us a huge infusion of speed and athleticism...I'll be thrilled if it turns out that way.

Good solid class if we finish with Henderson, Dean and Edwards, but solid classes don't win NC's.

:11263324214_66c20be far more then a solid class. A top 10 class is amazing.

Best class in 15 years. Impressive finish locking up local guys with Herbert, Edwards, and Henderson.

Jeff Thomas will be a Peter Warrick/Percy Harvin/Danthony Thomas type of impact player.

**** I'll take a roscoe Parrish Wr right now.... Hope Thomas shows out!!!!

Advertisement
Back