The Work 8-5: First week of fall camp

View as article
[TWEET]893960584387080192[/TWEET]

C_AJ2n5VYAAbrTv.jpg

Advertisement
The good news is if there were a year to start a true freshman qb this is it. This defense isn't that bull**** Kayaa had working for him in 2014. The defense should get whatever qb starts plenty of opportunities to get experience. Limit the turnovers because a touchdown and a few field goals may be all it takes to win most of the games on the schedule this year.

Not surprised about Smith, but size-wise, do y'all think He outgrows Safety?

If he does, mutha****as are in for a World of Hurt. For argument's sake, Smiff is already 6'2"-6'3". If he was to naturally gain enough good weight(nunna that Fat Al blow-up ****)to reach 230-235 while maintaining his fluidity, speed & range, he would be a terror at the Will spot. He's not blindingly fast at FS/SS(though I feel he's definitely fast enough with his other traits accounted for)but he'd be a blur if he played in the second level. If I were Coach Diaz, I'd have that on the back burner of my mind. However, a giant safety doesn't always equate to linebacker. There's a completely different level of chaos that comes with playing closer to the LOS. Smiff already hits like a ton of bricks, if he can "sift through the trash" and make plays, then he could definitely be an OLB with plus coverage skills. But for now and the foreseeable future he's a safety and a **** good one at that...

One thing that does bug me about the qb thing is if Perry does win the job, imagine the news story with that guy who plays qb for Tampa will have a connection. They've already tried to make it a story. No respectable cane should ever allow anything like that...I'm not happy at all about that!!! But other than that I don't care who we start

Advertisement
If Perry is Manziel we win #6 . It's far fetched but also a very beautiful thought.

Manziel redshirted. The only true freshman I can think of with that level of success recently was Hurts last year, and we know how much of that was his surrounding cast.

If something were to happen with Herndon we would be completely screwed. Playing both ways is uncommon but it couldn't hurt to have DJ work with the TEs a couple times just in case. Irving and Polendey don't appear ready, and it would potentially mean more playing time for DJ.

Y'all have found a way to get mad over good news. We back.

We have to take what we can get but some of it stinks based on what has been written and what has played out in the past. This is now three offseason sessions in a row that Shirreffs is getting hype. Specifically early hype. Then reality and the numbers show up and no one can explain or actually tries to explain why the observations don't match reality.

The practice observers here and sources within the program don't know what they're looking at and have no idea what Richt looks for. That or Shirreffs ****s down his own leg after any early success.

Shirreffs hurt his hand last year. It was widely reported. That's why his hype tapered off.

If you don't want to believe us, listen to today's Out The Huddle podcast with DJ and Rolle. They were there today. Let me know how many times they mention Rosier.

My pick is Perry and my pick for second is Shirreffs. Maybe I'm wrong. Last time there was a QB battle, I said it was Kaaya from the first practice. The media and conventional wisdom were saying Heaps. We were right. Let's see how it plays out.

this ... his injury affected him a lot more than was being reported.

ask 75 kids on that team about evan, and you will get 75 positive comments. his leadership is excellent, and his intelligence is far an away the tops on the team. he does have a good arm, as pete mentioned in his report. the hand thing really did him in last year and it did carry over to spring.

listen to austin's comments to pete going back to last spring. evan is athletic and has a lot of ability.

he may or may not win the starting job, but he's no scrub. if he beats out the rest of the guys, he's earned it, and it's because the staff thinks he can win games.

We have to take what we can get but some of it stinks based on what has been written and what has played out in the past. This is now three offseason sessions in a row that Shirreffs is getting hype. Specifically early hype. Then reality and the numbers show up and no one can explain or actually tries to explain why the observations don't match reality.

The practice observers here and sources within the program don't know what they're looking at and have no idea what Richt looks for. That or Shirreffs ****s down his own leg after any early success.

Shirreffs hurt his hand last year. It was widely reported. That's why his hype tapered off.

If you don't want to believe us, listen to today's Out The Huddle podcast with DJ and Rolle. They were there today. Let me know how many times they mention Rosier.

My pick is Perry and my pick for second is Shirreffs. Maybe I'm wrong. Last time there was a QB battle, I said it was Kaaya from the first practice. The media and conventional wisdom were saying Heaps. We were right. Let's see how it plays out.

ask 75 kids on that team about evan, and you will get 75 positive comments. his leadership is excellent, and his intelligence is far an away the tops on the team. he does have a good arm, as pete mentioned in his report. the hand thing really did him in last year and it did carry over to spring.

listen to austin's comments to pete going back to last spring. evan is athletic and has a lot of ability.

he may or may not win the starting job, but he's no scrub. if he beats out the rest of the guys, he's earned it, and it's because the staff thinks he can win games.

Spot on, Evan is more than capable to leading the team this year and is still my pick at this point

Advertisement

If he does, mutha****as are in for a World of Hurt. For argument's sake, Smiff is already 6'2"-6'3". If he was to naturally gain enough good weight(nunna that Fat Al blow-up ****)to reach 230-235 while maintaining his fluidity, speed & range, he would be a terror at the Will spot. He's not blindingly fast at FS/SS(though I feel he's definitely fast enough with his other traits accounted for)but he'd be a blur if he played in the second level. If I were Coach Diaz, I'd have that on the back burner of my mind. However, a giant safety doesn't always equate to linebacker. There's a completely different level of chaos that comes with playing closer to the LOS. Smiff already hits like a ton of bricks, if he can "sift through the trash" and make plays, then he could definitely be an OLB with plus coverage skills. But for now and the foreseeable future he's a safety and a **** good one at that...

Good stuff. Thing that really impressed me about His highlights, is He's equally as effective on both sides of the ball.

I saw Derrick hanging out with Bandy and another player at Dolphin Mall a few weekends back and the dude is HUGE. I mean, he looks like a junior or senior college safety. Bandy is really short though, 5'7" at the most .

It's quite obvious that there are various contingents on this board --ones who root unconditionally for a specific qb to win the job. I think this approach is misguided. If Perry is the best man, start him. If it's Evan, same thing...etc etc. As Canes fans, we should want the best player to start. End of story. This emotional high school cheerleading for a certain candidate is just dumb. Give me the best guy, no matter what, and let's roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly the way I see it. I predicted Rosier would start, but if one of the other guys starts and leads us where we should go, then I'll gladly be wrong on my prediction.

Who cares what you predicted. You also posted **** tons of posts about Mike Harley. Then you are mute on that now. Post whoring does have advantages, I guess. Spamming a forum for years will cause a post ***** to be right on occasion. Then said post ***** will remind the masses how he is always "right".

Advertisement

You right on Bruh. I watched the kid in states and he was "by far" the best player on the field that day. He was fast, instinctual and hit like a mobster with a baseball bat. He also was a accomplished WR for his team as well. I agree in this case that he could easily grow into an outstanding LB, but don't think he's lacking at any skill set needed for SS.

I think the key for the offense will not be the performance of our many receivers, but rather Richt and Brown can formulate an offense to utilize them in multiple ways, increase play calling pace and add more diversity to our formations. Hopefully this is what Helfrich was brought in for.

Plus we are far better at "ALL" positions and I have no reason not to believe we can't win every game.

Spot on, Evan is more than capable to leading the team this year and is still my pick at this point

Have you seen Perry play live?

Advertisement
Not doubting Pete by any means, but I haven't heard a player or asst coach even mention Sheriffs yet. I think scrimmages are going to be final straw. I just don't see Rosier being out of it already.

Not doubting Pete by any means, but I haven't heard a player or asst coach even mention Sheriffs yet. I think scrimmages are going to be final straw. I just don't see Rosier being out of it already.

Then I don't think you're talking to enough players.

Perry has a quick release. Perry is the most elusive of the three (I assume). Perry can throw the deep ball accurately. Perry has looked good in Zone reads (according to Walton.) Perry had the highlight throw to Njoku that made everyone slobber.

Sometimes reading the tea leaves can be difficult. I think it is getting clearer as the days go by.

There's not a person with an IQ over 60 who doesn't acknowledge that Perry is superior to Rosier and Shirreffs in almost every physical category. That doesn't mean he's equipped to lead the team to where we should go yet.

We shall see. The scrimmages will tell Rick a ton about how comfortable Perry is running the offense under pressure and leading the team. We won't know because we won't see the scrimmages. But I hope Rick makes the QBs live and that Papa Shango Garvin doesn't snatch another body.

Perhaps.
Something I can see happening is our defense making all three of them look bad. Then we will get fake news insiders on here saying thing are looking gloomy and all three of them look horrible. When maybe our Defense just steps it up and looks like the tank it was built to be.
If that happens I think the guy with the more physical talents gets the nod. We shall see.

it may be that the guy who knows the playbook the most and gives up the least amount of turnovers gets the nod.
This is also a possibility.
Richt knows what he is looking for.
However, from what I have heard about him and making a no huddle offense simple for Charlie Ward in the past he may be tempted to just simplify things and adjust to the talents of his most talented QB here too.
Just speculation on my behalf of course.

Kaaya would have been better off under shot gun making quick reads in an up tempo offense where he could get in a rhythm instead of under center, but Richt never made that adjustment.

I wonder how much of that came from Bowden though Richt implemented it?

Advertisement
Back