The Work 8-5: First week of fall camp

View as article
Advertisement
Sherriffs is cerebral and has the physical profile as well. Never count out the guy who knows it all and has the skills to execute. Don't discredit any these guy to promote your favorite guy. May the best man win.

One thing that does bug me about the qb thing is if Perry does win the job, imagine the news story with that guy who plays qb for Tampa will have a connection. They've already tried to make it a story. No respectable cane should ever allow anything like that...I'm not happy at all about that!!! But other than that I don't care who we start
Ray Ray had no issue connecting PrimeTime and Hester.

I say forget all this ****, I'm for whatever makes Perry the best possible QB.

If he wants to train and eat crab legs with Jameis Winston, that's Jameis's problem if it ends up costing FSU games. Just as long as he doesn't rape anybody.

Last edited:
There's not a person with an IQ over 60 who doesn't acknowledge that Perry is superior to Rosier and Shirreffs in almost every physical category. That doesn't mean he's equipped to lead the team to where we should go yet.

We shall see. The scrimmages will tell Rick a ton about how comfortable Perry is running the offense under pressure and leading the team. We won't know because we won't see the scrimmages. But I hope Rick makes the QBs live and that Papa Shango Garvin doesn't snatch another body.

Perhaps.
Something I can see happening is our defense making all three of them look bad. Then we will get fake news insiders on here saying thing are looking gloomy and all three of them look horrible. When maybe our Defense just steps it up and looks like the tank it was built to be.
If that happens I think the guy with the more physical talents gets the nod. We shall see.

it may be that the guy who knows the playbook the most and gives up the least amount of turnovers gets the nod.
This is also a possibility.
Richt knows what he is looking for.
However, from what I have heard about him and making a no huddle offense simple for Charlie Ward in the past he may be tempted to just simplify things and adjust to the talents of his most talented QB here too.
Just speculation on my behalf of course.

Kaaya would have been better off under shot gun making quick reads in an up tempo offense where he could get in a rhythm instead of under center, but Richt never made that adjustment.

I wonder how much of that came from Bowden though Richt implemented it?

I think Rick got that from Bowden's son.

Just because it hasn't worked the last five sets of plays - doesn't mean it won't work eventually.

And we lost four games in a row!

Advertisement
Perry has a quick release. Perry is the most elusive of the three (I assume). Perry can throw the deep ball accurately. Perry has looked good in Zone reads (according to Walton.) Perry had the highlight throw to Njoku that made everyone slobber.

Sometimes reading the tea leaves can be difficult. I think it is getting clearer as the days go by.

There's not a person with an IQ over 60 who doesn't acknowledge that Perry is superior to Rosier and Shirreffs in almost every physical category. That doesn't mean he's equipped to lead the team to where we should go yet.

We shall see. The scrimmages will tell Rick a ton about how comfortable Perry is running the offense under pressure and leading the team. We won't know because we won't see the scrimmages. But I hope Rick makes the QBs live and that Papa Shango Garvin doesn't snatch another body.

Perhaps.
Something I can see happening is our defense making all three of them look bad. Then we will get fake news insiders on here saying things are looking gloomy and all three of them look horrible. When maybe our Defense just steps it up and looks like the tank it was built to be.
If that happens I think the guy with the more physical talents gets the nod. We shall see.
I don't really listen to what people say about the QBs. Sometimes, people get too invested in their guy, and their vision gets a little clouded.

As for the defense, I expect it to put the clamps on all our QBs. That's why Rick's making $4M+ per year though. He needs to pick the right guy.

My opinion is that he'll pick the guy who makes the least unforced mistakes and is most steady and confident leading the team. I have no idea who that will be, but I expect him to be able to discern the differences between the QBs and pick the right one.

I hope he doesn't just throw his arms in the air and say, "The defense shut us down so I'm going with the guy who runs the fastest with the strongest arm." He's gotta be better than that.

Last edited:
It's quite obvious that there are various contingents on this board --ones who root unconditionally for a specific qb to win the job. I think this approach is misguided. If Perry is the best man, start him. If it's Evan, same thing...etc etc. As Canes fans, we should want the best player to start. End of story. This emotional high school cheerleading for a certain candidate is just dumb. Give me the best guy, no matter what, and let's roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly the way I see it. I predicted Rosier would start, but if one of the other guys starts and leads us where we should go, then I'll gladly be wrong on my prediction.

Who cares what you predicted.
RealDyckBagCvnt, you care about everything I do, bytch. You follow me around like my lap dog, bytch. Now, go ahead and derail another great thread and then cry to the mods to give me an infraction, bytch.

Who are these sauces? For real on the sheriff?

And here I was thinking the Sherriffs was shot.

Yep, Eric Clapton did it.

Bob Marley
Composed by Marley and recorded in 1973 before but made famous later by Eric Clapton and it was the only #1 song Clapton recorded.

Doesn't matter - everyone knows it as Eric Clapton's song.

Just like everyone knows Willie Nelson's Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain, or Move it On Over by George Thorogood - but they were both Hank Williams songs. But when you mention either song - "it was Willie," or "it was Thorogood."

Similar to All Along the Watchtower - Hendrix - was Bob Dylan's song. You don't think of Me and Bobby McGhee with anyone else by Janis Joplin - but Kris Kristopherson wrote it. Woodstock is known to be a Crosby, Still, Nash, and Young song - not Joni Mitchell - who wrote and sang it.

Some songs go with the artist that made it known.

Advertisement

Bob Marley
Composed by Marley and recorded in 1973 before but made famous later by Eric Clapton and it was the only #1 song Clapton recorded.

Just like everyone knows Willie Nelson's Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain, or Move it On Over by George Thorogood - but they were both Hank Williams songs. But when you mention either song - "it was Willie," or "it was Thorogood."

Similar to All Along the Watchtower - Hendrix - was Bob Dylan's song. You don't think of Me and Bobby McGhee with anyone else by Janis Joplin - but Kris Kristopherson wrote it. Woodstock is known to be a Crosby, Still, Nash, and Young song - not Joni Mitchell - who wrote and sang it.

everyone? nah, anyone that follows marley knows it is marley's, and not clapton's, though clapton's version is also good.

Perhaps.
Something I can see happening is our defense making all three of them look bad. Then we will get fake news insiders on here saying thing are looking gloomy and all three of them look horrible. When maybe our Defense just steps it up and looks like the tank it was built to be.

it may be that the guy who knows the playbook the most and gives up the least amount of turnovers gets the nod.
This is also a possibility.
Richt knows what he is looking for.
However, from what I have heard about him and making a no huddle offense simple for Charlie Ward in the past he may be tempted to just simplify things and adjust to the talents of his most talented QB here too.
Just speculation on my behalf of course.

Kaaya would have been better off under shot gun making quick reads in an up tempo offense where he could get in a rhythm instead of under center, but Richt never made that adjustment.

I wonder how much of that came from Bowden though Richt implemented it?

I think Rick got that from Bowden's son.

Just because it hasn't worked the last five sets of plays - doesn't mean it won't work eventually.

And we lost four games in a row!

Or Maybe coach richt already saw Kaaya lose multiple games and look average at best under shotgun as well?? Formation wasnt the problem it was the qb.

Who are these sauces? For real on the sheriff?

The same sauces that had him lighting up the early part of spring I guess. Then people actually got to see him play and he was terrible in the third scrimmage and his completion percentage over the final two was about 43% with a pick and only one FG drive. That has never been explained. How those performances can so differ from observations.

I believe he was the leader of the backup race last fall too until he wasn't and observers were "shocked" when he didn't win it.

Nobody "won" the backup race last year. If Kaaya had gotten hurt in the middle of the year, Shirreffs probably would have been the guy.

So why wasn't Shirreffs the first off the bench against App. State? Richt just decided to allow the guy he didn't really want to take game reps to play? Why didn't he come in against Duke? Richt wouldn't insult a guy who's never thrown a pass in a college game with mop up duty?

If Kaaya had gotten hurt and Shirreffs would've been the guy as you say, Richt just gamed himself into starting a guy who had never thrown a pass in a game with his only game action against FAMU. Brilliant planning.

This is why the sources and their thoughts don't mesh with reality. What possible reason would Richt have for holding out the guy who he sees as a backup from getting time? Starting a backup QB controversy?

I thought Shirreffs was injured early in the season which cost him reps, then was #2 for the bowl game.

I thought Shirreffs was injured early in the season which cost him reps, then was #2 for the bowl game.

He was injured in the summer and that injury kept him from solidifying the backup job according to observers. We don't know. No one knows how Richt had them ranked before the injury. The injury really hampered him because when Richt narrowed down the backup competition he was behind Testaverde. He was placed in the second group with Allison.

No one from my knowledge actually knows if Richt made Shirreffs the primary backup. Anytime the backup QB went in the game it was Rosier. Maybe someone at the bowl game saw him taking snaps from the second team center.

Young players will get more snaps in practice late in the year and particularly during bowl prep leading up to game week. What those extra snaps actually meant for More Athletic Ryan Williams I don't know. The only solid evidence we have is Richt called him a Co #1 with Rosier in the spring. His next chance to affirm or disprove what we've been told here is on Saturday.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Bob Marley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzN3qO-qc8U

Bob Marley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzN3qO-qc8U

Also, this is a treatise for this board:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByLEIKTjgtk

Shirreffs numbers from 2 scrimmages in spring. was 7 of 17 for 75 yards with an interception. 16-for-36 for 139 yards, with zero touchdowns or interceptions.

Im not excited to see those type of numbers.

Advertisement

Bob Marley

everyone? nah, anyone that follows marley knows it is marley's, and not clapton's, though clapton's version is also good.

Definitely not everyone as I had no idea that Clapton sang that song until this thread- I only knew it as a Marley song.

Y'all have found a way to get mad over good news. We back.

We have to take what we can get but some of it stinks based on what has been written and what has played out in the past. This is now three offseason sessions in a row that Shirreffs is getting hype. Specifically early hype. Then reality and the numbers show up and no one can explain or actually tries to explain why the observations don't match reality.

The practice observers here and sources within the program don't know what they're looking at and have no idea what Richt looks for. That or Shirreffs ****s down his own leg after any early success.

Shirreffs hurt his hand last year. It was widely reported. That's why his hype tapered off.

If you don't want to believe us, listen to today's Out The Huddle podcast with DJ and Rolle. They were there today. Let me know how many times they mention Rosier.

My pick is Perry and my pick for second is Shirreffs. Maybe I'm wrong. Last time there was a QB battle, I said it was Kaaya from the first practice. The media and conventional wisdom were saying Heaps. We were right. Let's see how it plays out.

this ... his injury affected him a lot more than was being reported.

ask 75 kids on that team about evan, and you will get 75 positive comments. his leadership is excellent, and his intelligence is far an away the tops on the team. he does have a good arm, as pete mentioned in his report. the hand thing really did him in last year and it did carry over to spring.

listen to austin's comments to pete going back to last spring. evan is athletic and has a lot of ability.

he may or may not win the starting job, but he's no scrub. if he beats out the rest of the guys, he's earned it, and it's because the staff thinks he can win games.

Spot on, Evan is more than capable to leading the team this year and is still my pick at this point

yep.

i think the nitwits on here who are dogging evan, are just seeing what they want to see and don't really have an understanding what it takes to be successful in richt's system. not a knock on perry, but there's more to it than looking good in your underwear.

if evan does win the job? god help the kid the first time he throws an incomplete pass. this board will self destruct

We have to take what we can get but some of it stinks based on what has been written and what has played out in the past. This is now three offseason sessions in a row that Shirreffs is getting hype. Specifically early hype. Then reality and the numbers show up and no one can explain or actually tries to explain why the observations don't match reality.

The practice observers here and sources within the program don't know what they're looking at and have no idea what Richt looks for. That or Shirreffs ****s down his own leg after any early success.

Shirreffs hurt his hand last year. It was widely reported. That's why his hype tapered off.

If you don't want to believe us, listen to today's Out The Huddle podcast with DJ and Rolle. They were there today. Let me know how many times they mention Rosier.

My pick is Perry and my pick for second is Shirreffs. Maybe I'm wrong. Last time there was a QB battle, I said it was Kaaya from the first practice. The media and conventional wisdom were saying Heaps. We were right. Let's see how it plays out.

this ... his injury affected him a lot more than was being reported.

ask 75 kids on that team about evan, and you will get 75 positive comments. his leadership is excellent, and his intelligence is far an away the tops on the team. he does have a good arm, as pete mentioned in his report. the hand thing really did him in last year and it did carry over to spring.

listen to austin's comments to pete going back to last spring. evan is athletic and has a lot of ability.

he may or may not win the starting job, but he's no scrub. if he beats out the rest of the guys, he's earned it, and it's because the staff thinks he can win games.

Spot on, Evan is more than capable to leading the team this year and is still my pick at this point

yep.

i think the nitwits on here who are dogging evan, are just seeing what they want to see and don't really have an understanding what it takes to be successful in richt's system. not a knock on perry, but there's more to it than looking good in your underwear.

if evan does win the job? god help the kid the first time he throws an incomplete pass. this board will self destruct

Could you expound on that point?

Feel free to be detailed.

Bob Marley

Definitely not everyone as I had no idea that Clapton sang that song until this thread- I only knew it as a Marley song.

Marley got more popular after he died.

How many Top 40's did he have? You really didn't hear much Marley on the radio back then.

And idea on how many more folks are more familiar with Clapton than Marley?

Clapton was a member of the Yardbirds, Cream, Blind Faith, Derek and the Dominoes, and Clapton made Marley even more popular by doing his music, Reggae was NOT part of the mass music market at the time - as great as it was.

Second in Rolling Stone's Top 100 guitar players of all time, 18 Grammies, and someone is going to tell me they'd heard Marley's version - but not Clapton's?

Only after Marley died.

Advertisement
Back