The Work 8-5: First week of fall camp

View as article
Advertisement
Peter predicted Perry would start before or shortly after he committed. Don't expect him to change his tune early. I still find that hard to believe and will wait and see in a few weeks what will Richt say. I'm still going with experience.

You find it hard to believe that Golden left us with **** at QB? Where is this experience that you speak of? Rosier played one meaningful game and it would have been a lost to Duke if not for a fluke lateral play that got us the win.

Watching Derrick Smith's film confirms the quote about how smooth his "hips" are. I don't know what I missed for him to be sorta dismissed but he definitely seemed like the biggest impact player on that defense he played for at Trinity.

Not only his hitting ability but I saw him show good range for someone his size at the safety spot. Having him at FS would be most ideal since we have Amari Carter at SS.

It wasn't just you, about EVERYONE else on here was making him out to be a JAG LBer couple months back.

Cager's going to ball this season....Opposite AR, he'll be getting man coverage with a 6" height advantage over most dbs.

He's got that emotional juice. They need to get him on the field as much as possible because I think his energy will be contagious.

Advertisement
Watching Derrick Smith's film confirms the quote about how smooth his "hips" are. I don't know what I missed for him to be sorta dismissed but he definitely seemed like the biggest impact player on that defense he played for at Trinity.

Not only his hitting ability but I saw him show good range for someone his size at the safety spot. Having him at FS would be most ideal since we have Amari Carter at SS.

It wasn't just you, about EVERYONE else on here was making him out to be a JAG LBer couple months back.

Lol no I was referring to other ppl being skeptical of his ability. I was always impressed with his ability and glad he committed to UM.

GuYS, gUyS, I'm still going with Rosier for game one starter, but like most of us, I'm flying blind not seeing practice, or da scrimmages yet to come. If Miami skrong in da TrENchEs, season gonna be good. Team starting to stack some dogz.

Lol no I was referring to other ppl being skeptical of his ability. I was always impressed with his ability and glad he committed to UM.

You didn't miss anything and forgive me for putting you on that side of the argument. It felt like me against the world back on that thread.

Advertisement
Peter predicted Perry would start before or shortly after he committed. Don't expect him to change his tune early. I still find that hard to believe and will wait and see in a few weeks what will Richt say. I'm still going with experience.

You find it hard to believe that Golden left us with **** at QB? Where is this experience that you speak of? Rosier played one meaningful game and it would have been a lost to Duke if not for a fluke lateral play that got us the win.

Uh, Golden left him two 4 stars with Kaaya and Allison. You're just complaining for the sake of complaining.

I didn't mention this but Berrios had a big day today. I wouldn't say he's lost in the shuffle because he's still with the ones, but the buzz plays are being made by the younger guys.

We recruiting a different kind of athlete now pete thats y. Same when butch arrived even we still got some good guys on the squad the new guys in 17-18 will be ballers.

Advertisement
Who are these sauces? For real on the sheriff?

The same sauces that had him lighting up the early part of spring I guess. Then people actually got to see him play and he was terrible in the third scrimmage and his completion percentage over the final two was about 43% with a pick and only one FG drive. That has never been explained. How those performances can so differ from observations.

I believe he was the leader of the backup race last fall too until he wasn't and observers were "shocked" when he didn't win it.

Nobody "won" the backup race last year. If Kaaya had gotten hurt in the middle of the year, Shirreffs probably would have been the guy.

So why wasn't Shirreffs the first off the bench against App. State? Richt just decided to allow the guy he didn't really want to take game reps to play? Why didn't he come in against Duke? Richt wouldn't insult a guy who's never thrown a pass in a college game with mop up duty?

If Kaaya had gotten hurt and Shirreffs would've been the guy as you say, Richt just gamed himself into starting a guy who had never thrown a pass in a game with his only game action against FAMU. Brilliant planning.

This is why the sources and their thoughts don't mesh with reality. What possible reason would Richt have for holding out the guy who he sees as a backup from getting time? Starting a backup QB controversy?

Do you watch practice? What do your sources say? You seem personally invested in Pete's reporting...

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Any see Shirreffs winning the job. He's been pretty awful in scrimmages. He might be smart and make good decisions in shorts and shells, it he's been terrible in scrimmages. Maybe that'll change this fall, but I think Rosier will pull ahead.

Great update!

Just a piece of advice, as you may go into journalism full-time, watch out for the common "he" v. "him" grammar mistakes. Just as you wouldn't say, "Him will see time in the nickel spot," you shouldn't say, "[H]im and Malek will see time in the nickel spot...."

Rather see "him and Malek will see time..." vs tweet from established writers giving fake news of players legs falling off!

I rather see Perry than the two other guys. Cram course his development and roll with it. I don't see us making too many plays with Sheriffs and Rosier is far too inaccurate

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back