The Work 8-5: First week of fall camp

View as article
I didn't mention this but Berrios had a big day today. I wouldn't say he's lost in the shuffle because he's still with the ones, but the buzz plays are being made by the younger guys.

SDM just posted a story on the Herald with a quote from former Cane Daryl Jones. He said Berrios caught a long TD from Perry, and Perry had a good throw to either Harley or Thomas

That was two different phrases on his practice observations as she was asking him to recount what he saw:

Berrios caught a long TD, pause

Also Perry had a nice curl route throw

uhhh...yeah thats what I wrote

Advertisement
Excited for Cager him and Ahmon on the outside could be deadly with Harley Berios or Thomas in the slot!

Only 3-4 practices in, with ZERO scrimmages, I'm just wondering if there's enough of a sample size to make any definitive projections.

I'll wait to get my mind around who's leading after the 1st scrimmage. We will have a much better idea then.

Advertisement
Y'all have found a way to get mad over good news. We back.

We have to take what we can get but some of it stinks based on what has been written and what has played out in the past. This is now three offseason sessions in a row that Shirreffs is getting hype. Specifically early hype. Then reality and the numbers show up and no one can explain or actually tries to explain why the observations don't match reality.

The practice observers here and sources within the program don't know what they're looking at and have no idea what Richt looks for. That or Shirreffs ***** down his own leg after any early success.

Last edited:
I didn't mention this but Berrios had a big day today. I wouldn't say he's lost in the shuffle because he's still with the ones, but the buzz plays are being made by the younger guys.

SDM just posted a story on the Herald with a quote from former Cane Daryl Jones. He said Berrios caught a long TD from Perry, and Perry had a good throw to either Harley or Thomas

That was two different phrases on his practice observations as she was asking him to recount what he saw:

You said Berrios caught the long bomb from Perry. He didn't catch it from Perry and Jones didn't say that he did.

Advertisement

You said Berrios caught the long bomb from Perry. He didn't catch it from Perry and Jones didn't say that he did.

yup, you're right.

Advertisement
Great update!

Just a piece of advice, as you may go into journalism full-time, watch out for the common "he" v. "him" grammar mistakes. Just as you wouldn't say, "Him will see time in the nickel spot," you shouldn't say, "[H]im and Malek will see time in the nickel spot...."

As a retired university professor, there is no greater damage millenials have done to the English language than the inappropriate use of pronouns. Me and my wife, who teaches preschool, agree on this subject.

If this is indeed the case, that Shirreffs and Perry are neck and neck, with Rosier behind them, then what the **** is the rest of the media, people like Matt Porter, doing?

It's pretty sad when the only info out there were some positive quotes from Rick about Rosier, and these guys can't even be bothered to develop some sources.

Good job, Pete. Don't ever get lazy like Matt Porter.

Because like most reporters down here, he doesn't have a passion or care about program. Heard him on hock & crowder friday and it was obvious. Its just job, he's just going through the motions. Stay in the kitchen Pete !!!

Advertisement
Great update!

Just a piece of advice, as you may go into journalism full-time, watch out for the common "he" v. "him" grammar mistakes. Just as you wouldn't say, "Him will see time in the nickel spot," you shouldn't say, "[H]im and Malek will see time in the nickel spot...."

As a retired university professor, there is no greater damage millenials have done to the English language than the inappropriate use of pronouns. Me and my wife, who teaches preschool, agree on this subject.

Pardon me Professor, but it's "My wife and I..." lol {kidding}

Peter predicted Perry would start before or shortly after he committed. Don't expect him to change his tune early. I still find that hard to believe and will wait and see in a few weeks what will Richt say. I'm still going with experience.

Great update!

I can see wanting to blame "millennials", but who taught them that in the first place?

I'm not surprised in the least bit about Derrick Smith. Kid has natural ball skills & he's a killer. Once he adjusts to the speed of the college game(which it seems like he's ahead of the curve)he's gonna be a key contributor. Take it from a real Dade County guy, don't ever sleep on them Orange Park boys. When an Orange Park kid has it, he has it. Ability, Character, and 100 lb stones(e.g., The QuarterMan)...

Advertisement
Back