The Work 7-30 (pre-camp notes)

View as article
Pete anything on Bandy or Carters commitments? Bandy tweeted a photo with a U hat and Carter tweeted UNIVERSITY of Fire (moji)?

Advertisement
In 2012, UGA had one of the top ranked offenses in the country & Aaron Murray (I think) was the #1 rated QB that season.
Kaaya is light years better than Murray & even though Richt wasn't calling plays back then, we've seen that with a halfway decent QB he can produce a pretty potent offense.

Yeah...Kaaya better than Murray?? He hasn't shown that kind of ability....he hasn't proven it

Lol. Aaron Murray is the SEC's all time leading passer. Kaaya has a long ways to go before being mentioned in the same sentence as Murray, let alone being "light years ahead". My god.

------------

Stats<Size, talent, ability.

Aaron Murray was a good player. But he isn't the Qb Brad Kaaya is, talent/size wise

Who f*cking cares about Kaaya's "talent". He hasn't won a game worth a **** (yet). We aren't talking about who is the better draft prospect. I bet you think Kaaya is a better quarterback than Kellen Moore as well.

While this is true, he hasn't won a game worth a **** yet because his team/coaches ******* blew. Here's hoping they turn it around this year...the kid can play QB though no doubt about it.

Ahmmon Richards has the potential to be first team All-ACC as a Freshman. He'll probably even get more targets thrown his way considering most teams will put their #1 corner on Coley and only focus on him & Njoku in the scouting report. I think both Richards & Dayall will have a big year for us.

Pinckney at the Will & Grace on the Strongside is going to be huge for the Defense, gives us a lot of speed in containing the run plus tons of options in coverages.
Shaq at Mike will probably be a Defensive captain, that kid is a phenomenal talent & is the perfect fit to carry on the tradition of great MLB's at The U. I can't wait til he gets a clean shot at Dalvin Cook, hits him square in the chest plate & makes him cough that football up.

I actually think we're a lot better than we're being sold, Coaching is going to make all the difference in the world & with a much improved pass rush, the entire Defense is going to be elevated.

Let's be honest about things though, with playing freshmen all over the place (particularly at LB) there will be some growing pains.

We have had an influx of retards here lately.......who in their right mind would compare Kaaya to Kellen fricking Moore?

So do you honestly believe that a guy who is (currently) 13-12 as a starter is a better college quarterback than a guy who put up ridiculous numbers in college and went 50-3 as a starter? If you do, you are the ******.

We have had an influx of retards here lately.......who in their right mind would compare Kaaya to Kellen fricking Moore?

So do you honestly believe that a guy who is (currently) 13-12 as a starter is a better college quarterback than a guy who put up ridiculous numbers in college and went 50-3 as a starter? If you do, you are the ******.

Al Golden.

You think Peyton Manning is worse than every QB who has won a Natty?
You think Jacob Coker is a better QB than Brad Kaaya?

Advertisement

Al Golden.

And this is what makes comparisons of "who is better at x, y, z" so difficult (doesnt stop people from trying) in-season let alone across seasons and eras.

The O and D units (with all their sub-units) are like machines whose performance is controlled by dials on a board. Turn the dial up for one sub-unit (i.e. OL) and you can turn the dial down for another (i.e. QB) and still get good/serviceable results.

At some point, one dial can be maxed (i.e. QB), but if another dial(s) are set below average (i.e. awful OL play), it doesnt matter, consistently the machine is going to sputter.

Joe Montana, in his NFL prime, could have played behind the 2015 Canes coaching scheme and OL, and Im not certain more than 8 games are won.

Put a talent like Kaaya behind an elite OL unit, and watch out because so much pressure is taken off him in both the and passing games.

Wrt to Peyton in college, he didnt have all the dials set high enough on those Tenn squads that made enough difference to get the NC ring.

Thats why its a team sport.

Go Canes.

Al Golden.

Manning is one of the greatest college quarterbacks of all time, even if he couldn't beat Florida. Of course Kaaya is better than Coker. Coker was nothing more than a game manager. Switch Kaaya and Coker and Bama still wins the title. I don't see what either of those two examples have to do with Kellen Moore being a better college quarterback than Brad Kaaya. Moore never won a national title, and he sure as **** was never a game manager.

Last edited:
I'd rather he hit Cook and make him cough up his liver. The ball would be a bonus.
Ahmmon Richards has the potential to be first team All-ACC as a Freshman. He'll probably even get more targets thrown his way considering most teams will put their #1 corner on Coley and only focus on him & Njoku in the scouting report. I think both Richards & Dayall will have a big year for us.

Pinckney at the Will & Grace on the Strongside is going to be huge for the Defense, gives us a lot of speed in containing the run plus tons of options in coverages.
Shaq at Mike will probably be a Defensive captain, that kid is a phenomenal talent & is the perfect fit to carry on the tradition of great MLB's at The U. I can't wait til he gets a clean shot at Dalvin Cook, hits him square in the chest plate & makes him cough that football up.

I actually think we're a lot better than we're being sold, Coaching is going to make all the difference in the world & with a much improved pass rush, the entire Defense is going to be elevated.

Al Golden.

Manning is one of the greatest college quarterbacks of all time, even if he couldn't beat Florida. Of course Kaaya is better than Coker. Coker was nothing more than a game manager. Switch Kaaya and Coker and Bama still wins the title. I don't see what either of those two examples have to do with Kellen Moore being a better college quarterback than Brad Kaaya. Moore never won a national title, and he sure as **** was never a game manager.
Hmmmmmm let me see. One will never sniff a start in the nfl unless someone gets hurt, and the other is a potential first round pick. Yea ok...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Al Golden.

Hmmmmmm let me see. One will never sniff a start in the nfl unless someone gets hurt, and the other is a potential first round pick. Yea ok...

We are not talking about who is the better draft prospect, dumbass.

Al Golden.

We are not talking about who is the better draft prospect, dumbass.
Lol so what makes one player a better draft prospect then the other?

I guess Kellen Moore beating up on mid major schools makes him better then Kaaya....

I guess Kellen Moore beating up on mid major schools makes him better then Kaaya....

At least Moore can beat mid-majors. Kaaya lost to f*cking Cincinnati last year. By the way, moron, Moore also beat legit Power 5 teams such as Oregon, TCU(they might as well have been a Power 5 team back then), Virginia Tech, and Georgia.

Advertisement
Why is everyone obsessed with Kaaya's NFL draft status? It's great that he'll be in the NFL one day, but you guys sound like Penn State fans clamoring over Christian Hackenberg. I guess the Al Golden pussification of our fan base is complete.

We used to have so many guys in the NFL that we didn't care that much about it, but we cared about who stepped up in big situations as CANES. I think it's in Brad to do that, but he just hasn't shown it yet. Prove me wrong.

At least Moore can beat mid-majors. Kaaya lost to f*cking Cincinnati last year. By the way, moron, Moore also beat legit Power 5 teams such as Oregon, TCU(they might as well have been a Power 5 team back then), Virginia Tech, and Georgia.
O ok. I guess that makes up the majority of his wins. You right that surely proves Moore is better then Kaaya. Once again, what makes a qb a better draft prospect then the next? 50-3 record yet still went undrafted. I wonder why that was?

O ok. I guess that makes up the majority of his wins. You right that surely proves Moore is better then Kaaya. Once again, what makes a qb a better draft prospect then the next? 50-3 record yet still went undrafted. I wonder why that was?

Are we serious right now? Is this the Miami Hurricane fanbase? The new normal? Why are we talking about draft status? What was Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf's draft status?

Whatever happened to just winning.

57406171.jpg

Advertisement
But hey, at least Aaron Murray was able to sneak into the 5th round.....

QBs are incorrectly judged by TEAM criteria. There's so much more than QB play that goes into a win or loss, especially when the golden error and doritos are involved.

Put it to you this way: I bet Kellen goes 13-12 with golden and dorito and Kayaa goes 50-3 with boise st. or better.

QBs are incorrectly judged by TEAM criteria. There's so much more than QB play that goes into a win or loss, especially when the golden error and doritos are involved.

Put it to you this way: I bet Kellen goes 13-12 with golden and dorito and Kayaa goes 50-3 with boise st. or better.

Maybe. Kellen Moore had several game-winning drives though. They didn't have to remember that the defense had given up the lead. They didn't have to remind everyone of each dropped ball or blown offensive line assignment. They didn't have to criticize each coach on the staff. They didn't have to remind people of the other turnovers committed in the game. Kellen Moore just drove down the field and won and that was that. We used to admire **** like that.

Call me selfish, but I am 100% more interested in Kaaya winning football games at Miami than I am about his draft status. He has the tools and the potential, but he needs to deliver on Saturdays - specifically against the best teams we play and specifically after getting hit in the mouth. Do that and his draft status will take care of itself.

Advertisement
Back