The Work 7-17

can wyche play at 360? Also, i heard some of the guys really like different physically, are they really doing well in weight room?

I don't care how well you carry it, 360 is 360. The guy has some work to do to get into shape, that's why you always want your JC DL to come in January so that they have the entire spring and summer to get in shape. He has to work quickly, but I'm hoping he can get down to the 340s by fall.

I doubt he loses that much. he will can get to 350 before the season and maybe down to 340 throughout the season. his senior year he will be at 330 though i believe.

Advertisement
How about a wedge and let Wyche rumble down the field between the hash marks. He'll get at least 30 YACs just from momentum on his lean!

can wyche play at 360? Also, i heard some of the guys really like different physically, are they really doing well in weight room?

I don't care how well you carry it, 360 is 360. The guy has some work to do to get into shape, that's why you always want your JC DL to come in January so that they have the entire spring and summer to get in shape. He has to work quickly, but I'm hoping he can get down to the 340s by fall.

I doubt he loses that much. he will can get to 350 before the season and maybe down to 340 throughout the season. his senior year he will be at 330 though i believe.

It's gonna be like a sonna during fall camp, he'll lose the weight down here lol

That south florida heat and humidity may take about 20 off him during fall camp.

Corn elder is an absolute man! he played in the same district as the FSU Cb Jalen ramsey in highschool ..an corn was the best prospect in the division by far . 2 time mr football in Tennessee 4x state champion in football n basketball. .athletic freak .we didnt get to see much of him last year because of his injury but look for him !

Advertisement
For Kick returns you need straight line speed, track star speed, i.e. Dorsett, Burns and Duke. For punt returning you need wiggle and tonnes of it, players that can make people miss in a phonebooth, an example (from what we've heard) Berrios, Yearby and Elder.

Those would be my picks. The rest of special teams are essentially LBs, DEs, DBs and FBs or TEs types. I think that that's why Golden recruits those types of players. Get those player sin early on STs and now you can develop them as players on offense or defense too.

Duke kickoff returns are electric and with an unproven qb and defense could be the difference between a win or lose with this team. However, with how far the team fell off last year after Duke's injury, I think you wait to see if Yearby can be an immediate impact player before throwing him back there.

IM NOT SAYING WYCHE IS CODY. But if you remember or go back and look at Terrance Cody's story he came from Juco also and won a championship at both levels. Cody is 6-4 and it says at one point it tipped the scale at 400 lbs lol..

When he arrived at Alabama he was also 360 lbs and played at that weight at NG in the 3-4.. He got drafted in the 2nd round to the Ravens and is now 340..

In the 3-4 you need a NG that doesn't get pushed around and believe me Wchye is that dude that's going to make the difference even if it's only for half the game..

I don't know about you but I'm tired of seeing the D-line getting blown off the ball..

Wyche doesn't even look terribly out of shape but say by game time he's 345-350 and he's holding up 2 OL the change will be drastic..

Advertisement
He looks pretty good to be 360lbs.
277.jpg

If he put down the hand-weights he would only weigh 320!

Well he looks like he is ready to bust someone face. 360 though...****. I just dont want to hear anymore excuses why our defense cant stop a team like Duke from doing anything at all. Enough is enough. If this guy is the guy then good. Im skeptical about offseason chest thumping. I remember last season and all the chest thumping before ACC play started.

**Quick note on Michael Wyche: I’ve seen some debate about what he was actually weighing right now, and I can confirm that he is at 360.

Did you personally weigh him?

Did you witness the weighing in ceremony?

How can you confirm that?

Dorsett said Elder was the hardest CB to shake. He had forgotten about how good he was, because he had been injured.

I think the coaching staff is sky high on Elder.

Advertisement
Dorsett said Elder was the hardest CB to shake. He had forgotten about how good he was, because he had been injured.

I think the coaching staff is sky high on Elder.

I just remember Tracy Howard saying in the Spring that Corn is a stud when they asked for one player who is going to surprise this year.He just said he needed to learn the system a lil bit better but he sung very high praises.

Artie can turn and run with any WR in the country but is still rough around the edges, Gunter isn't as gifted but was extremely consistent last year and is a great run defender. Artie will play a ton but until he proves he can defend the ball in the air Gunter will get more PT than him.

Elder looks like he'll be a very good CB but I don't see him starting next year unless someone goes down. We have 5 (maybe 6 depending if Dortch develops) NFL CBs on the roster right now. Tracy/Gunter/Burns are the top 3 outside guys and Crawford is a really good nickel. I could definitely see Elder starting next year opposite Artie.

Good news in this article is our chances with Ledbetter first and with Carlton Davis and T. Cole. What many here seem to so suddenly forget is that just a year and half ago we weren't in play for most of the top players at any position and therefore the subpar DB's, DL's, LB's etc. As is as clear as South Beach being on the water, following the NCAA mess we in play for "all" the top talent in SoFl. So to bring up the past recruiting failures and busts is like pretending the staff was playing on a balanced playing field. Our strengths are in the future and only the silly see the last few years as relevant.

Advertisement
Al things being considered, he did a decent job for a freshman, have great expectations from this young man, loads of talent and obviously speed. Patience brother Cane fans

Why are people talking about Jamal Carter on returns? Cmon people...just because he broke off a couple of nice returns in high school doesn't mean he can do it at the next level. He is not a return man.

Best returners are Duke and Coley...I'd like to see Corn get more burn there as well.

The Dorsett experiment at KR/PR should be over. He doesn't have it.

This I agree with. I don't like Dorsett on returns. Leave him full time at receiver n let him stretch the field on offense.

Best return men we have is Duke and Coley. Burns and Elder have shown flash there. Waters and Lewis could have some potential on returns teams for us as well. If Berrios plays this year I expect him to get a crack on returns, and Jamal Carter.

But we'd be stupid to put either Duke or Coley back there, unless we really need them. I'd say we're probably looking at Yearby, Lewis, Elder and Burns
Idk if it would be stupid. They have game breaking ability to house it on any return. We should use them situationally. Duke and Coley should be our workhorses at RB and WR and sprinkle I'm returns situationally and I'm sure they could bring some back to the end zone.

As for Jamal. I didn't understand him being at KR. Feel he would fit better doing some PR duties.

My stomach's hurting from all the Kool-Aid......and I love it :crownpour::stormwarning:

Advertisement
Back