The Work 7-17

**I wanted to touch on Miami’s recruitment of Tarvarus McFadden, which I have posted about multiple times. Miami “offered” McFadden a few months back but since then have not really recruited him. Now some of you may say “Rivals has him as a 5-star and he has offers from every school in the country, why isn’t Miami on him?” First off, McFadden has not produced at the level of a 5-star up to this point in his career. Some people have speculated that Miami does not like him because of a “bad attitude”, but it has absolutely nothing to do with that. They just don’t like him as a football player. I have seen McFadden in both the camp and game settings and I tend to agree with Miami. He has the size, but is not very physical and does not run particularly well either. That is not a good combination for a defensive back.

Lulz.... You created a thread saying that he was very fast, physical and elite after watching him:
http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/48747-2015-DB-McFadden-is-Elite?highlight=mcfadden+elite

Advertisement
"but he just is not the most explosive athlete, which has become a prerequisite to play DB under Golden."

I don't think Ryan Mayes fits the prerequisite

Advertisement
"but he just is not the most explosive athlete, which has become a prerequisite to play DB under Golden."

SHOTS FIRED!!!

290.gif

I hope the Cronkite meeting goes well. The RB haul is fantastic. I agree abut Corn Elder. Athletic freak who can do it all. Has been behind the scenes. We are gonna get to see some new names on the field this year, and I'm pretty stoked about it.

Advertisement
How realistic is a DB class of Carlton Davis, Cole, Irvin, and Johnson at this point?

At this point, not realistic.

Should our Canes win 10+ games and a bowl, they'd become very realistic IMO.

No where near as cut and dry. Specifically when two of the guys on the list apparently favor a school who isn't likely to reach those goals either.

All you did was list the things that would get you to go all in on the staff as opposed to what you currently think of them.

How bout potential DB class of Cole, C. Davis, D. Davis, Irvin, Jaquan, and Burgess-Becker?

If we win games,win our division and improve on defense. See it as possible. Maybe not all, but can be possible.

Already see writing on the wall. Staff not gonna pursue Sheppard or Fenton, ship sailed. If Miami wants them, we'll get them. But looking like they don't want. Would like Fenton though...

At the very least, Elder should become first off bench this year, very talented. I see Burns jumping over Gunter. Gunter is solid,but Burns and Elder have higher ceilings.

If Wyche can just give us solid play... Oh boy. I do think he could have star potential as a NT if he works hard.

Cronk ain't going anywhere.

Ledbetter and Lewis will give us a very good look as long as we win games.

I expect Yearby to cement himself as the #2 early on.

Tarvarus ship sailed long time ago. Staff doesn't want.

As for Debarry, weird feeling I get about him. Could come play right away here. I know it shouldn't factor in but his Pops loves the Canes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
**I wanted to touch on Miami’s recruitment of Tarvarus McFadden, which I have posted about multiple times. Miami “offered” McFadden a few months back but since then have not really recruited him. Now some of you may say “Rivals has him as a 5-star and he has offers from every school in the country, why isn’t Miami on him?” First off, McFadden has not produced at the level of a 5-star up to this point in his career. Some people have speculated that Miami does not like him because of a “bad attitude”, but it has absolutely nothing to do with that. They just don’t like him as a football player. I have seen McFadden in both the camp and game settings and I tend to agree with Miami. He has the size, but is not very physical and does not run particularly well either. That is not a good combination for a defensive back.

Lulz.... You created a thread saying that he was very fast, physical and elite after watching him:
http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/48747-2015-DB-McFadden-is-Elite?highlight=mcfadden+elite

That was from a year and a half ago.

The more I saw, the less I liked him.

surprised to not see duke (occasionally) and Burns listed on the KR and PR list

Doubt we see Duke return kicks this year. Way too big of a liability in his contract year. Burns needs to hold onto the ball. Put VT in 86 file asap. We've got options at returner.

Advertisement
How realistic is a DB class of Carlton Davis, Cole, Irvin, and Johnson at this point?

At this point, not realistic.

Should our Canes win 10+ games and a bowl, they'd become very realistic IMO.

No where near as cut and dry. Specifically when two of the guys on the list apparently favor a school who isn't likely to reach those goals either.

All you did was list the things that would get you to go all in on the staff as opposed to what you currently think of them.

It's an opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

I appreciate u following me around though.

SHOTS FIRED!!!

290.gif

I hope the Cronkite meeting goes well. The RB haul is fantastic. I agree abut Corn Elder. Athletic freak who can do it all. Has been behind the scenes. We are gonna get to see some new names on the field this year, and I'm pretty stoked about it.

I love elders potential at CB and have heard nothing but good things about him, but I just never liked Mayes as a DB prospect last cycle and thought we passed on other DBs (Dowels, Battle, etc.) with more skill and potential. It's one thing to hold your DB recruiting to high standard (as we did in 2013 with Burns, Elder and Carter - which I thought was an A+ haul) then get Mayes the next year and say the standard was kept. Obviously the staff likes Mayes and I don't have a problem with taking project type players but you better develop them or they'll just be out of your program in 2-3 years like some of the 2012 class

The Dorsett experiment at KR/PR should be over. He doesn't have it.

This I agree with. I don't like Dorsett on returns. Leave him full time at receiver n let him stretch the field on offense.

Best return men we have is Duke and Coley. Burns and Elder have shown flash there. Waters and Lewis could have some potential on returns teams for us as well. If Berrios plays this year I expect him to get a crack on returns, and Jamal Carter.

Advertisement
Back