The Work 12/14

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
TheWork.jpg

**This weekend did not do much for Miami with Tim Irvin. A strong in-home visit by Charlie Strong last Thursday made a big impression on him. Still a fluid situation, but the visit did not boost Miami any higher up than they already were.

**There is talk about Anthony Jones flipping to Miami and that is accurate right now. The one thing I will say is the Canes would take him as a receiver, not a running back, and I'm a fan of that move. Jones is built physically like Rashawn Scott and that is a very good thing. He could see the field early at Miami.

**Last weekend while on his official visit to Miami, Da'Vante Phillips was telling people at Miami that he would be a Cane come signing day. Of course, things like that rarely turn out to be true, but it is something worth passing along. Phillips is very close to Anthony Jones and that could play a bigger role than most realize.

**Tevon Coney took an official to Miami over the weekend, but it was just a formality. Don't expect anything to come of it.

**Miami is extremely high on JUCO OT Jahair Jones and he is absolutely a take for them. The staff has made him a major priority and they believe he has the ability to step in and play from day one. He would be a very big get.

**There has been a lot of talk about Jacksonville product Javarius Davis over the past few weeks, but I am told he is not a priority for Miami right now, mainly because of his size. He took an official this weekend, but again he is not expected in this class.

**Keep an eye on a kid that DMoney mentioned yesterday in the his post about the most underrated players in South Florida, Robert Knowles. Miami is looking at Knowles as a possible sign-and-place candidate because there are still some questions about his grades. If everything checks out with him, I would not be surprised to see Miami offer late in the game. The kid is a stud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9Ezk463O5Q

Advertisement
Lost me at Tim Irvin as the staff yet again continues to not impress or land top SFla talent they way they must to be successful.

View attachment 28146

**This weekend did not do much for Miami with Tim Irvin. A strong in-home visit by Charlie Strong last Thursday made a big impression on him. Still a fluid situation, but the visit did not boost Miami any higher up than they already were.

**There is talk about Anthony Jones flipping to Miami and that is accurate right now. The one thing I will say is the Canes would take him as a receiver, not a running back, and I'm a fan of that move. Jones is built physically like Rashawn Scott and that is a very good thing. He could see the field early at Miami.

**Last weekend while on his official visit to Miami, Da'Vante Phillips was telling people at Miami that he would be a Cane come signing day. Of course, things like that rarely turn out to be true, but it is something worth passing along. Phillips is very close to Anthony Jones and that could play a bigger role than most realize.

**Tevon Coney took an official to Miami over the weekend, but it was just a formality. Don't expect anything to come of it.

**Miami is extremely high on JUCO OT Jahair Jones and he is absolutely a take for them. The staff has made him a major priority and they believe he has the ability to step in and play from day one. He would be a very big get.

**There has been a lot of talk about Jacksonville product Javarius Davis over the past few weeks, but I am told he is not a priority for Miami right now, mainly because of his size. He took an official this weekend, but again he is not expected in this class.

**Keep an eye on a kid that DMoney mentioned yesterday in the his post about the most underrated players in South Florida, Robert Knowles. Miami is looking at Knowles as a possible sign-and-place candidate because there are still some questions about his grades. If everything checks out with him, I would not be surprised to see Miami offer late in the game. The kid is a stud.

cannot stress how good that is. kid would be a huge steal! classic South Florida gem

Advertisement
No updates on d-line targets?

When I have an update on a D-Line target, I will post an update on a D-Line target.

you'd think if our staff had half of a brain that this would be the absolute priority position they are over recruiting due to the continuous misses here. Yet we are less than 2 months from NSD and there is nothing to be reported on. Jethro remains safe.....

Advertisement
Irvin don't want to be here. Forget him. We need kids who want to be canes!! Let's move on

Lol dis dat dumb **** dat keeps us losing.

Anyway dat Robert kid yo I saw the first minute of the hilight tape and know he's a beast. Has the sped and explosiveness to be a beast in college.

Last edited:

Doesn't need to be said, but this staff just never learns. Davis can absolutely fly and we desperately need more Miami speed, but the coaches think he's too small so they're not making him a priority. Forget that he has more offers than any other recruit in the 2015 class. This staff's emphasis on measurables over everything else, including whether a kid can simply f***ing play and how fast they are, is laughable.

But luckily we're hot after another recruit from the Northeast. Can't believe we have to endure another year of Golden and this tired horse s***.

Advertisement
Preciate it Pete

Knowles hopefully has good enough grades. Would love to have him.

Also I dunno whether to take that Irvin news as good or bad. Could be seen both ways

the dig this administration is allowing golden to dig for the next coach is unreal. seriously, he can't close tim IRVIN. Look at that last name and tell me this is not a humiliating.

Advertisement
the dig this administration is allowing golden to dig for the next coach is unreal. seriously, he can't close tim IRVIN. Look at that last name and tell me this is not a humiliating.

That's laughable man it's sad as ***, to not land cook when his brother is here I mean wow. He can't recruit period man and for people to say he recruits well they fkin bananas

A two star committed to FIU (I don't care how underrated he is) and a three star OL from New York.That is who we have locked up if signing day was today.

No big time DT (lolz), CB poor, LB poor, WR poor. Mother**** this staff.

View attachment 28146

cannot stress how good that is. kid would be a huge steal! classic South Florida gem

that kid got range he would be a steal if we could coach him up..

Advertisement
Back