The Work 10-9

View as article
Would be nice to see the press now start badgering Folden about the anonymous trustee comments and them claiming there's unrest between him and Dorito. Give him something else to sweat about.

Advertisement
i call bull****. Golden is so strained and frustrated with him he doesnt sit in on Defensive meetings but micro manages the offense. Golden needs to go.

I'm with nycane-- someone makes a report and quotes "sources" and its suddenly gospel-- despite the fact it flies in the face of all his actions and plain logic.

Man Goldens done. I don't care what people are floating out there. I have no doubts they are looking for reasons to be able to keep the guy on but Golden is a ****. He isn't capable of turning the tide on this thing. He needs a signature win. He isn't capable of getting one. Their is a good chance we lose every road game we play. We aren't beating FSU. One home upset to Cinci, UNC, or Pitt and we are missing a bowl game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fellas, we've seen this movie before. I stated this at the dawn of this football season, that this was Golden's year to dump a coordinator to use as an excuse to buy another year when we look like **** on the field. HC on the hot seat, fires key members of his "staff" to save his own ***. Coker did it. Shannon did it. Now it's Golden's turn. It only works for a little while (a year at the most), before said HC is sh_tcanned.
That being said, IMHO, we can get a decent DC, if we throw out enuff ca$h. There are competant coaches in the world, but you're gonna have to throw some cash at em, to come to a staff whose HC is walking on thin ice.

Golden is just wierd. Who the **** wearsa a shirt and tie during games? Be cool. Wear cool gear. You're a young man in the coaching game. Use it to your advantage to attract recruits. ******* shirt and tie? Come on man.

Get rid of your buddy bcuz he's about to cost you MILLIONS.

Your D stinks. Let another man handle that. Just be the CEO and face of the company

Advertisement
They should give Golden another year with a different DC and then see what happens

Are you trying to get lynched?

Not at all. The likeliness that Golden is tossed after the season is not as high as fan think it should be. Especially after Blake James backed him up. I'm not saying that replacing him is a bad thing, but I do think that the Dorito is our biggest issue.

Last edited:
Mark Dnofrio, Jethro Franklin, Paul Williams and Art Kehoe MUST go.

You forgot Al Golden. Firing a bunch of assistants and keeping Golden does nothing but kick the can down the road and sink this program further into irrelevance. Keeping Golden would be more poison for negative recruiting than any NCAA cloud ever was. And it would take another year away from our current players, who might have a chance to develop and flourish under a new staff.

It's amazing that there is still any Canes fan that supports the notion of firing D'Onofrio, but keeping Golden as a viable solution in Year 4. It's their defense, not D'Onofrio's. These are Golden's special teams, which are atrocious. Night games are a showcase for the big boys, not an excuse for being tired. Games against ranked opponents should not be automatic losses.

This program is dead until Golden is gone.

They should give Golden another year with a different DC and then see what happens

Are you trying to get lynched?

The likeliness that Golden is tossed is low. Especially after Blake James backing him up. I'm not saying that replacing him is a bad thing, but I do think that the Dorito is our biggest issue.
Shannon wasn't going anywhere either, according to the omniscient posters like yourself, circa 2010.

Advertisement
Golden is like Dabo Swinney at Clemson need very good coordinators on both sides of the ball to make it happen. like the idea of a total overhaul on D staff.Butch would only threaten AL as well as D scheme is not to Als liking. Al knows it is not working and is smart enough to make changes. We need a new President who wants to WIN and not just pay "lip service" to the program that Donna has used as a cash cow imo

You forgot Coley

You can't get rid of coley right now in my opinion. You want Kaaya to grow with an oc and not be ruined like Kyle wright.

GTFOH-- are you out of your mind? Ever consider that Kyle Wright just plain sucked? I doubt Kaay's development would be stunted by virtue of Coley being shown the door-- if anything he'd only get better. Coley is learning on the job, and is hardly a QB or X & O's guru.

You don't keep a coach for the sake of continuity-- if the coach sucks at the job. I can't believe the feeble-minded logic that's espoused here at times.

Advertisement
At the end of the day, Golden wasn't wise enough after 3 years to see his D wasn't working. Not only did he not get it fixed or changed it hurt on some real talent. Multiple recruits and handlers cited our D as a reason they didn't want to come to Miami. This is not just a small "we need to change D coordinator" problem. Al is either to dumb, loyal to a fault, or stubborn. Compound the problems we have on the offensive side of the ball with this and it's clear he has made below avg to terrible on field coaching decisions. I think he's a great face truly cares about the kids but he isn't cut out for big time cut throat football. He is what KU is looking for in a coach.

We need a coach who wants to win and win now!!! GT is undefeated and would switch rosters with us right now. I honestly think 15 of the top,25 teams would take our roster over their own. That's no bull**** either. We have enough talent to be a top 15 team but we have this loser guiding the ship with incompetent coaches

Mark Dnofrio, Jethro Franklin, Paul Williams and Art Kehoe MUST go.[/Q

You forgot Coley

I agree with is list completely, but we know AG does not have balls when it comes to coaching, so I think DNo will be the only one to get the axe. Coley has upside. He has shown marginal improvement but could really take off with a better offensive mind on his staff. He seems mechanical when it comes to play calling. He needs to develop a feel for the game, exploiting mismatches and understanding situations. And he can recruit. He has weapons for days and a good QB that will bail him out.

Now I'm not so sure Jethro and Paul are the problems. They're being asked to coach a sh1tty defense. It's the same premise behind labeling Carter, Howard, Bush, et al JAGS.

Advertisement
Back