The Work 1-29

View as article
Advertisement
**There is a report that Brayden Lenius won't be visiting Miami this weekend, which would be a surprising development. As of last night, Miami and Brad Kaaya (his teammate) both felt very good about the chances of Lenius winding up a Hurricane. I was just told that Brennan Carroll is with Lenius right now and Carroll will be meeting with his mother in Vancouver later tonight. MORE - I'm told that Lenius' mom likes Miami a lot and is more than willing to let her son play his college ball here.

**Kaaya was with Coley this morning.

**With or without Lenius, I expect another receiver to be added in this class. The rumor of Ermon Lane picking Miami as a surprise on NSD are completely bogus. Lane is going to have trouble qualifying where he goes in the first place, as he does not have his test score yet. I've asked around about a late run at Rudolph and he seems locked in with FSU according to a person who spoke with him two days ago. I do not consider Isaiah Ford to be a legitimate target. This leaves CJ Worton. There has been mutual interest here for months spearheaded by James Coley, who has been recruiting Worton since his days at Florida State, where Worton just decommitted from. Worton would be the most college-ready receiver in the class if he signed with Miami (considering Berrios' knee injury). Although most people who have not see Worton play would characterize him as a pure slot receiver, that is not the case at all. He played both on the outside and in the slot for South Dade, where he was the county's leading receiver on the state championship team. He is 6-1, can run any route, consistently gets open, has great hands, and sneaky speed. This could be a very nice get if Coley can reel him in.

**There are differing reports out there about whether or not Travonte Valentine will visit Miami this weekend. I am told that Valentine does not want to visit, but those close to him are urging him to do so. Whether or not he visits, it is clear that Miami is not the likely destination.

**Be patient for official announcements on Calvin Heurtelou and Darrion Owens getting in. There may be a silence with them over the next few days, but that won't mean there is a hold-up. The Michael Wyche appeal was not granted. He will be here in May.

**more coming throughout the day, stay tuned

That's because he's being pushed very hard by LSU not to visit. LSU fears a visit. If he visits, he could flip, and it depends more on issues of getting in and academic support once in than the many other allegations and theories that abound. Donna has to do her thing. I trust my source. Could be wrong, but I know my sources long-term history with the program. An outsider who's an insider. Try to figure that one out.

Advertisement
I just read a comment from the Herald that Kalaya was decommitting and going with a west coast college? I heard rumors and never paid them any mind.. Any truth to this one?

Yes, Kaaya is gone. He is going to Pepperdine. Doesn't want to play football anymore and cites the beautiful campus of Pepperdine as the reason for his decision.

I thought it was Loyola...for basketball.

Advertisement
sneaky speed aka he's white

Basically, lol. My favorite one is "he has a high motor" for white defensive recruits.

These boys probably have high motors for white guys.

John Busing S, Texans
Craig Dahl, FS, Rams
Sean Considine, SS, Jaguars
Reed Doughty, FS, Redskins
Aaron Francisco, FS, Cardinals
Matt Giordano, FS, Packers
Steve Gregory, SS/CB, Chargers
Todd Johnson, SS, Bills
Kevin Kaesviharn, FS, Titans
Jim Leonhard, SS/CB, Jets
Corey Lynch, SS/FS, Buccaneers
John McGraw, SS/FS, Chiefs
Tom Nelson, FS/CB, Bengals
Donnie Nickie, S, Titans
Sabbi Pitscitelli, SS, Buccaneers
Brian Russell, FS, Texans
Eric Smith, FS/SS, Jets
Nick Sorenson, SS, Browns
Craig Steltz, FS/SS, Bears Raymond Ventrone, FS/SS/CB
Eric Weddle, FS/CB, Chargers
John Wendeling, S, Bills
Tom Zbikowski, FS/SS, Ravens

Nick Sorensen (spelled with an "e") isn't with the Browns, and hasn't been for several years. I mentioned him, although not by name, in another post. He is in his first year as a special teams assistant for the Seahawks. I don't think Nick ever started a game in the NFL. He made a ten year career playing special teams, i.e., kick coverage, etc. Trying to blow up people before they blow you up. In his first year in the NFL as a player he went to a SuperBowl with the Rams. In his first year coaching (leaving aside one year as a volunteer at a high school) he's going to the SuperBowl as an NFL assistant.

Nick had some really good forty times as I recall. I think I recall an incredible shuttle time back in HS, maybe under 4. He started one game at QB for Va Tech when Al Clark was injured,then played LB and S later on.

He played for Va Tech, his father was the Harding Award (MVP) winner for the Canes in '69.

Sounds like what Peter is saying is that what we have is what we have............. and that were not signing another recruit.........if our class is finished it not a bad one

It's not a "not a bad one." It's a very good one. Could be fantastic if we pull some last minute studs, like Bo, TV, JC, etc.

**There is a report that Brayden Lenius won't be visiting Miami this weekend, which would be a surprising development. As of last night, Miami and Brad Kaaya (his teammate) both felt very good about the chances of Lenius winding up a Hurricane. I was just told that Brennan Carroll is with Lenius right now and Carroll will be meeting with his mother in Vancouver later tonight. MORE - I'm told that Lenius' mom likes Miami a lot and is more than willing to let her son play his college ball here.

**Kaaya was with Coley this morning.

**With or without Lenius, I expect another receiver to be added in this class. The rumor of Ermon Lane picking Miami as a surprise on NSD are completely bogus. Lane is going to have trouble qualifying where he goes in the first place, as he does not have his test score yet. I've asked around about a late run at Rudolph and he seems locked in with FSU according to a person who spoke with him two days ago. I do not consider Isaiah Ford to be a legitimate target. This leaves CJ Worton. There has been mutual interest here for months spearheaded by James Coley, who has been recruiting Worton since his days at Florida State, where Worton just decommitted from. Worton would be the most college-ready receiver in the class if he signed with Miami (considering Berrios' knee injury). Although most people who have not see Worton play would characterize him as a pure slot receiver, that is not the case at all. He played both on the outside and in the slot for South Dade, where he was the county's leading receiver on the state championship team. He is 6-1, can run any route, consistently gets open, has great hands, and sneaky speed. This could be a very nice get if Coley can reel him in.

**There are differing reports out there about whether or not Travonte Valentine will visit Miami this weekend. I am told that Valentine does not want to visit, but those close to him are urging him to do so. Whether or not he visits, it is clear that Miami is not the likely destination.

**Be patient for official announcements on Calvin Heurtelou and Darrion Owens getting in. There may be a silence with them over the next few days, but that won't mean there is a hold-up. The Michael Wyche appeal was not granted. He will be here in May.

**more coming throughout the day, stay tuned

That leaves CJ Worton? What happened to Njoku? Did I miss a post somewhere? Last I heard he was getting a lot of attention from elite programs like PSU and OSU. Have we backed off or is he going in another direction? He looked like a legitimate football player, not just a track guy, when I saw his video, and he is a very good high jumper.

Did Njoku drop us or commit somewhere? Have we dropped him?

Advertisement
Sounds like what Peter is saying is that what we have is what we have............. and that were not signing another recruit.........if our class is finished it not a bad one

It's not a "not a bad one." It's a very good one. Could be fantastic if we pull some last minute studs, like Bo, TV, JC, etc.

i completely agree thanks for the grammar check

Advertisement
Where's the update?

Still staying tuned.

546.gif

Advertisement
Back