The Urban Pitch

Here is another question since OP and his girlfriends won't answer my simple question.

If recruiting against Urban Meyer or Saban or Miles was so daunting why did Golden find success against Saban last year but Urban proved too much to overcome? Again some posters on here love Golden more than the Canes. They will say anything to excuse any failing he has. Anyone agreeing with the OP should be embarrassed.

LOL...I can just picture NVA CANE sitting on his couch hitting refresh every 30 seconds to see if somebody is going to respond to his post. Praying that he can get into an adolescent argument with somebody and attacking his OPINION regardless of any logic that may be applied. Typical internet tough-guy. I love it.

Advertisement
Here is another question since OP and his girlfriends won't answer my simple question.

If recruiting against Urban Meyer or Saban or Miles was so daunting why did Golden find success against Saban last year but Urban proved too much to overcome? Again some posters on here love Golden more than the Canes. They will say anything to excuse any failing he has. Anyone agreeing with the OP should be embarrassed.

So far Golen vs Urban this year is 2-1 in Goldens favor.

My thing is just that the kid said he wanted to go out of Florida. I can't get mad that a kid who has never left the area code in his entire life decides that he wants to see what is really out there.

He went to Ohio not ****ing St. Tropez. What exactly does Ohio have over Miami that anybody would ever want to see or prefer to see over Miami? If Golden can convince a kid that there is a lot more to see/do in Miami than ****ing Columbus, Ohio than I'm afraid you all have VASTLY overestimated his recruiting abilities.

Take off your Miami glasses and answer this. Who would you rather play for, urban Meyer who dominated at UFelon who has two nation titles and currently doing well at Ohio Taint or Al ".500" Golden? Take your bias out of the equation and you have two answers.

You choose a school, not a coach. And it's the coach's job to sell the school to the recruit. Bottomline, Urban Meyer was able to better sell OSU than Golden was able to sell UM. If you switched the coaches and it was Meyer recruiting for UM, the kid would be a Cane.

Not in the case of the two UM commits Urban tried to take.
Didn't sell OSU better than UM.

You don't ever have to go to class. Major selling point!!!!

I wish Dixon, his mother, Coach Daniels and Coach Meyer nothing but misery and discomfort for the remainder of their lives...

Way to sell out Dixon! Yeah, I know what took place with your recruitment! Grow some balls and be a man!

Advertisement
***** *** thread. Go root for ******* FIU if you're going to have this soft-shouldered, feminine, sense of inferiority mindset.

We're the U. Can Urban pitch that Ohio State is the ******* U? No. So go **** yourself and take your sense of inferiority to OSU with you.
+1

Like Golden said in his initial press conference...."are we not supposed to beat Alabama down here, are we not supposed to beat fla st..."

Results baby that's what matters

and the results are a top 5 class. WTF is your point again?

**** *** thread. Go root for ****ing FIU if you're going to have this soft-shouldered, feminine, sense of inferiority mindset.

We're the U. Can Urban pitch that Ohio State is the ****ing U? No. So go **** yourself and take your sense of inferiority to OSU with you.
+1

Like Golden said in his initial press conference...."are we not supposed to beat Alabama down here, are we not supposed to beat fla st..."

Why do you slurp Golden every chance you get?

Hmmm ... I've seen several former Urban players hate him. Haven't seen that with Al. Urb is an opportunist, sweeping in and producing once a program is in place. Had we hired him instead of Al he would have been gone as soon as the Shapiro cap hit. No brainer.

**** *** thread. Go root for ****ing FIU if you're going to have this soft-shouldered, feminine, sense of inferiority mindset.

We're the U. Can Urban pitch that Ohio State is the ****ing U? No. So go **** yourself and take your sense of inferiority to OSU with you.
+1

How is pointing out the obvious slurping? We are doing VERY well in recruiting, which can be expected with Golden because it is HIS STRENGTH. Why do you bash every aspect of the program, when it's quite obvious there are some positives with Golden/program moving forward?

We lost a recruit. Call it failure, out recruited.......call it whatever the **** you want to. I call it reality, you should try it some time.

Advertisement

+1

Its cause Big Sky *** is too ****** dumb to understand that some on here were actually saying Golden can recruit with the big boys and the ones that were making excuses were acting like mopes. Unfortunately for Big Sky *** he can't see that cause he's got Golden's **** in his eyes.

I've got him rustled though. So don't pay attention to his tough guy shtick.

+1

Its cause Big Sky *** is too ****** dumb to understand that some on here were actually saying Golden can recruit with the big boys and the ones that were making excuses were acting like mopes. Unfortunately for Big Sky *** he can't see that cause he's got Golden's **** in his eyes.

Tough guy schtick? The irony.

+1

Tough guy schtick? The irony.
See what I mean.

Lol ok. So answer this. Who would you have as a coach today if I gave you a brand new university and said chose one. Golden, urban, or saban. Yeah you guys are clowns when you say it's inferiority complex, no it's the truth or we would have every kid on lockdown like Texas does. You can run from the truth and think we are Texas or realize it's more than just an "inferiority complex". Golden going up against saban and urban is difficult to do, especially when kid wanted to leave town from the start. CHECK THE SALARIES, saban and Urban get paid! Are up for every single job. It's for a reason. Some of you are delusional.
You know what's sad about this post. Even Al Golden would call you a **** for thinking this.

Deon Bush, Burns, AQM would all like a word with your ****** **** *** as to why they chose Miami/Golden over Bama/Saban.

This.

I don't hear AG saying trying is good enough. I heard him on the radio saying it's starting to feel like Miami again. He does say he has some ground to make up with kids who have not seen the U as a viable option for three years. But I don't hear any excuses when it comes to recruiting and he expects and wants to win these. I don't think it's a "fail" but it IS a miss (unfortunately same outcome. If you lose by a fg or by 3 tds it's still a loss) and Golden and his team are playing to win. I think you have to have that attitude.

Dixon wanted to go somewhere else. Ok move on and let's find some quality players that want and deserve to be here because it's not for everyone. We are building something here and you are lucky if you get invited to join.

I read somewhere it's called swagger. This team and it's fan base has to have it and it has to carry over to recruiting.

Advertisement
K: What's the Urban Meyer story?

KM: The Urban Meyer thing was just funny to me. He came to my school a week after I told his assistant that I wasn't even interested in them. I told him no to his face, and it's got to be one of the top five reactions of someone ever. His facial expression was just so funny. My coach was tearing up and had to go in his office to laugh.

AK: Talk more about coach Meyer's face when you told him no. Was he mad, upset?

KM: More like the state of shock where the guy has literally never been told no in his life. It literally looked like a kid the first time you tell him 'no, you can't do something.' It looked like he was a baby about to cry. It was so funny.

Not the 1st, or the last time a recruit goes elsewhere. Good thing for us we have a solid receiver core now, and with what we already have committed, and hopefully Griffin coming. This isn't a huge sting in the ***.

Funny how you ignore the players we have that Saban and Miles wanted, while pointing to a player that we wanted but went to OSU. Even the most simple-minded person should be able to understand that we, nor anyone else, will ever get everyone they want. Period.

Advertisement
My thing is just that the kid said he wanted to go out of Florida. I can't get mad that a kid who has never left the area code in his entire life decides that he wants to see what is really out there.

He went to Ohio not ******* St. Tropez. What exactly does Ohio have over Miami that anybody would ever want to see or prefer to see over Miami? If Golden can convince a kid that there is a lot more to see/do in Miami than ******* Columbus, Ohio than I'm afraid you all have VASTLY overestimated his recruiting abilities.

Take off your Miami glasses and answer this. Who would you rather play for, urban Meyer who dominated at UFelon who has two nation titles and currently doing well at Ohio Taint or Al ".500" Golden? Take your bias out of the equation and you have two answers.

You choose a school, not a coach. And it's the coach's job to sell the school to the recruit. Bottomline, Urban Meyer was able to better sell OSU than Golden was able to sell UM. If you switched the coaches and it was Meyer recruiting for UM, the kid would be a Cane.

Pure BS. SOME kids care only about the school, not the coach. Other kids outright state that they want to play for a particular coach, and even transfer if the coach leaves. Your blanket statement is nonsense.

So far Golen vs Urban this year is 2-1 in Goldens favor.

But for these guys that is irrelevant. It could be 10-1, and they'd still bash Golden over the 1 and say he's a failure.

The fence is 3/4 of the way done, only thing left is to win and we get the remaining divas, happened under butch, we didnt get the Gore's, Johnsons, Hesters until we won a bcs gamestarte

I love this ****!

Dixon picks OSU. Fact OSU won this battle.

Reaction: Golden failed. You said he was a great recruiter. He failed. You suck. He sucks. I am smart.

Response: We lost this battle to a good coach and team. We still have a top 5 class. Relax.

Response: Excuses. This is the U. Pounds chest. Any time anywhere! Golden failed. Slurpers.

Response: We have not been good in 10 years, are coming off two bad coaches, an NCAA investigation and are not back yet. We are rebuilding. Relax.

Response: Excuses. This is the U. Pounds chest. Any time anywhere! Golden failed. Slurpers.

Response: I agree. I will now post funny meme or gif to attack Coach Golden or Coach D to raise my rep and agree with cool kids. Then parrot: Excuses. This is the U. Pounds chest. Any time anywhere! Golden failed. Slurpers.

Response: What would you do differently than the coaches have been doing. The recruit said he wanted to leave home.

Advertisement
Back