The Urban Pitch

Canecanecane

Freshman
It's all about the counter. Do you Guys realize what Golden was going up against for Dixon. Probably the two best coaches of our generation with proven track records. Now after reading the rivals article Dixon stated that if you plan to go pro, weather is not a factor because you could be stuck in Greenbay. Clearly Urban planted that seed and has probably been using that pitch for south Florida kids. Golden needs to counter with that "why are south Florida athletes superior to northern kids in general", it's because you have te ability to workout outside year round. Some are probably mad about not landing him but all Golden had was playing close to home. Not playing time, his own nfl talent, him winning championships. Let's get Cook and JC.

Last edited:
Advertisement
plus rep for OP.

Urban Meyer is perhaps the best coach in CFB today. Here is what he can sell:

* He took ******* UTAH to an undefeated season and won a BCS bowl there. (First ever non BCS skool to win a BCS bowl)

* Won 2 national titles at Ufelony - multiple SEC titles

* Is currently 24-1 at osu.

I give coach Golden props for making this as close of a race as it was.

***** *** thread. Go root for ******* FIU if you're going to have this soft-shouldered, feminine, sense of inferiority mindset.

We're the U. Can Urban pitch that Ohio State is the ******* U? No. So go **** yourself and take your sense of inferiority to OSU with you.

***** *** thread. Go root for ******* FIU if you're going to have this soft-shouldered, feminine, sense of inferiority mindset.

We're the U. Can Urban pitch that Ohio State is the ******* U? No. So go **** yourself and take your sense of inferiority to OSU with you.

:ibisroflmao:

Advertisement
So in Golden's first press conference when he was hired at Miami and said, that the inferiority complex about not losing top recruits to the Alabama's or the LSUs or the Florida's of the world was just bull****? Is that not the expectation to win these battles. Its Golden's expectation, why are people making excuses now? Why does OP and those that agree with him harbor this inferiority complex when Golden himself said its unacceptable?

My thing is just that the kid said he wanted to go out of Florida. I can't get mad that a kid who has never left the area code in his entire life decides that he wants to see what is really out there.

Advertisement

Why would Dixon come to Miami?

My thing is just that the kid said he wanted to go out of Florida. I can't get mad that a kid who has never left the area code in his entire life decides that he wants to see what is really out there.

He went to Ohio not ******* St. Tropez. What exactly does Ohio have over Miami that anybody would ever want to see or prefer to see over Miami? If Golden can convince a kid that there is a lot more to see/do in Miami than ******* Columbus, Ohio than I'm afraid you all have VASTLY overestimated his recruiting abilities.

So in Golden's first press conference when he was hired at Miami and said, that the inferiority complex about not losing top recruits to the Alabama's or the LSUs or the Florida's of the world was just bull****? Is that not the expectation to win these battles. Its Golden's expectation, why are people making excuses now? Why does OP and those that agree with him harbor this inferiority complex when Golden himself said its unacceptable?
I'm waiting for the mopey ****** OP or his cheerleaders to respond to my question above.

Advertisement
From what I've heard from a couple people close to dix, Urban told him he had a dream that he was coaching him and didn't want to end his career before getting the chance to do so.

+1

Like Golden said in his initial press conference...."are we not supposed to beat Alabama down here, are we not supposed to beat fla st..."

Results baby that's what matters

Advertisement
Hey Sherlock Holmes, sometimes kids want to play in a college town in front of 100,000 fans and be BMOC. Can't fault him for wanting to play at the Shoe in front of 100,000 fans EVERY home game. ****, we can't even sellout a friggin game against UF whom we hadn't played in 6 years. Some kids want the college life and aren't concerned with South Beach, etc. Why is that so hard for some of our fans to understand? Plus OSU puts a lot of players in the NFL so that is a non-issue.

Urbby left UF in bad shape, so his long term player evaluation is to be seen. He walked in to a great situation with players Zook recruited, and walked into another stacked roster at The *. He has proven he can coach talent, but so did Coker. Where The * goes in the future will be interesting. He should do well, but UF should be stacked right now and they are not. I'd take Saban and others over Mr. Chest Pains!

plus rep for OP.

Urban Meyer is perhaps the best coach in CFB today. Here is what he can sell:

* He took ****ing UTAH to an undefeated season and won a BCS bowl there. (First ever non BCS skool to win a BCS bowl)

* Won 2 national titles at Ufelony - multiple SEC titles

* Is currently 24-1 at osu.

I give coach Golden props for making this as close of a race as it was.

Last edited:

He went to Ohio not ******* St. Tropez. What exactly does Ohio have over Miami that anybody would ever want to see or prefer to see over Miami? If Golden can convince a kid that there is a lot more to see/do in Miami than ******* Columbus, Ohio than I'm afraid you all have VASTLY overestimated his recruiting abilities.

Take off your Miami glasses and answer this. Who would you rather play for, urban Meyer who dominated at UFelon who has two nation titles and currently doing well at Ohio Taint or Al ".500" Golden? Take your bias out of the equation and you have two answers.

Here is another question since OP and his girlfriends won't answer my simple question.

If recruiting against Urban Meyer or Saban or Miles was so daunting why did Golden find success against Saban last year but Urban proved too much to overcome? Again some posters on here love Golden more than the Canes. They will say anything to excuse any failing he has. Anyone agreeing with the OP should be embarrassed.

Advertisement
Back