The Urban Pitch

So in Golden's first press conference when he was hired at Miami and said, that the inferiority complex about not losing top recruits to the Alabama's or the LSUs or the Florida's of the world was just bull****? Is that not the expectation to win these battles. Its Golden's expectation, why are people making excuses now? Why does OP and those that agree with him harbor this inferiority complex when Golden himself said its unacceptable?

Golden is taking these guys on head to head. Not seeing an inferiority complex. Fans have their own complexes...... Top five class. Not bad for a team with no fans (fanbase or lack thereof complex acknowledged).

Advertisement
***** *** thread. Go root for ******* FIU if you're going to have this soft-shouldered, feminine, sense of inferiority mindset.

We're the U. Can Urban pitch that Ohio State is the ******* U? No. So go **** yourself and take your sense of inferiority to OSU with you.
+1

Like Golden said in his initial press conference...."are we not supposed to beat Alabama down here, are we not supposed to beat fla st..."

Results baby that's what matters

When was the last time Miami has gotten results? Maybe those people dressed as empty seats enjoy the so called results from the past 10 years.

So in Golden's first press conference when he was hired at Miami and said, that the inferiority complex about not losing top recruits to the Alabama's or the LSUs or the Florida's of the world was just bull****? Is that not the expectation to win these battles. Its Golden's expectation, why are people making excuses now? Why does OP and those that agree with him harbor this inferiority complex when Golden himself said its unacceptable?

Golden is taking these guys on head to head. Not seeing an inferiority complex. Fans have their own complexes...... Top five class. Not bad for a team with no fans (fanbase or lack thereof complex acknowledged).
And he can beat them as he has proven before. No reason to come up with excuses as to why Dixon chose OSU. In the end, it is what it is and you aren't going to win every battle. But the excuse making is off the charts at this point.

My thing is just that the kid said he wanted to go out of Florida. I can't get mad that a kid who has never left the area code in his entire life decides that he wants to see what is really out there.

He went to Ohio not ******* St. Tropez. What exactly does Ohio have over Miami that anybody would ever want to see or prefer to see over Miami? If Golden can convince a kid that there is a lot more to see/do in Miami than ******* Columbus, Ohio than I'm afraid you all have VASTLY overestimated his recruiting abilities.

Take off your Miami glasses and answer this. Who would you rather play for, urban Meyer who dominated at UFelon who has two nation titles and currently doing well at Ohio Taint or Al ".500" Golden? Take your bias out of the equation and you have two answers.

You choose a school, not a coach. And it's the coach's job to sell the school to the recruit. Bottomline, Urban Meyer was able to better sell OSU than Golden was able to sell UM. If you switched the coaches and it was Meyer recruiting for UM, the kid would be a Cane.

Lol ok. So answer this. Who would you have as a coach today if I gave you a brand new university and said chose one. Golden, urban, or saban. Yeah you guys are clowns when you say it's inferiority complex, no it's the truth or we would have every kid on lockdown like Texas does. You can run from the truth and think we are Texas or realize it's more than just an "inferiority complex". Golden going up against saban and urban is difficult to do, especially when kid wanted to leave town from the start. CHECK THE SALARIES, saban and Urban get paid! Are up for every single job. It's for a reason. Some of you are delusional.

Advertisement
HUMMMMM, A guy who lied to a fan base and fled when the next best job came up (not to mention he left them is bad shape) or a guy that stood up for his team through lurking sanctions, and busts his a$$ to bring them back to what they were....HUMMMMM. I go with Golden, no glasses, he just seems to want it more.

My thing is just that the kid said he wanted to go out of Florida. I can't get mad that a kid who has never left the area code in his entire life decides that he wants to see what is really out there.

He went to Ohio not ****ing St. Tropez. What exactly does Ohio have over Miami that anybody would ever want to see or prefer to see over Miami? If Golden can convince a kid that there is a lot more to see/do in Miami than ****ing Columbus, Ohio than I'm afraid you all have VASTLY overestimated his recruiting abilities.

Take off your Miami glasses and answer this. Who would you rather play for, urban Meyer who dominated at UFelon who has two nation titles and currently doing well at Ohio Taint or Al ".500" Golden? Take your bias out of the equation and you have two answers.

He went to Ohio not ****ing St. Tropez. What exactly does Ohio have over Miami that anybody would ever want to see or prefer to see over Miami? If Golden can convince a kid that there is a lot more to see/do in Miami than ****ing Columbus, Ohio than I'm afraid you all have VASTLY overestimated his recruiting abilities.

You choose a school, not a coach. And it's the coach's job to sell the school to the recruit. Bottomline, Urban Meyer was able to better sell OSU than Golden was able to sell UM. If you switched the coaches and it was Meyer recruiting for UM, the kid would be a Cane.

Lol you just said you choose a school and then say he would have chosen urban at the u. Uhhh ok.

Lol ok. So answer this. Who would you have as a coach today if I gave you a brand new university and said chose one. Golden, urban, or saban. Yeah you guys are clowns when you say it's inferiority complex, no it's the truth or we would have every kid on lockdown like Texas does. You can run from the truth and think we are Texas or realize it's more than just an "inferiority complex". Golden going up against saban and urban is difficult to do, especially when kid wanted to leave town from the start. CHECK THE SALARIES, saban and Urban get paid! Are up for every single job. It's for a reason. Some of you are delusional.
You know what's sad about this post. Even Al Golden would call you a ***** for thinking this.

Deon Bush, Burns, AQM would all like a word with your ****** ***** *** as to why they chose Miami/Golden over Bama/Saban.

We lost a recruit ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

#endtheprogram #troubleinparadise

Advertisement
Lol ok. It's a business buddy. Reason why long time cane Shannon isn't here anymore. Why we took Brock from our rival. That's why saban left LSU. It's about putting yourself or school in best position to win. If that means letting go of someone then so be it. Not saying fire him because this is so hypothetical that's why bama gave a raise to saban even being highest paid coach already. They know exactly what it is. It's the reason why butch left, howard left, jj, it is a business and if I had the choice to getting the best coach then ok. I want to win and I want the U to win. I want golden to be better then saban. Time will only tell. But you better learn te business.

Oh lastly, never said the u is screwed. Actually think golden has some of their characteristics. He needs to continue to win.

Last edited:
Let's face it, these coaches are used car salesmen, Al included. Some are just more cunning and devious, suggesting, like Uncle Urbie, that Columbus will prep you in case you get drafted by an NFC Central team as he turns you into the next Percy Harvin (wonder if Urb wants to speculate on why he keeps breaking down?).

Urb could legitimately sell a couple things:
- A more favorable depth chart . . . barring injuries, Dixon would probably have to wait a year to get serious playing time at Miami
- Fan adoration and an incredible football-first atmosphere in Columbus, playing in front of 100,000 on Saturdays vs. maybe a third of that in Miami

Once he gets beyond this, he's selling Dixon and his mom BS. The idea that he gets playmakers the ball and likes to throw the ball around, please. His offense is dysfunctional, built around putting the ball in the hands of an athletic, dual-threat QB, who more often than not creates plays on the fly. Late in the season, when the weather turns, he's looking even more to pound it with a brusing back. So Johnny might see 3-4 balls a game as he hones his down field blocking.

He went to Ohio not ******* St. Tropez. What exactly does Ohio have over Miami that anybody would ever want to see or prefer to see over Miami? If Golden can convince a kid that there is a lot more to see/do in Miami than ******* Columbus, Ohio than I'm afraid you all have VASTLY overestimated his recruiting abilities.

Fair enough. But there's not much more that Golden could offer that Urb could not. But how old were these kids when Miami really dominated and putting first round picks in the NFL?

We lost a recruiting battle, plain and simple. If someone is better at recruiting than you are that will happen. Urban is a beast recruiter and he came into Florida and took Dixon from us. There is no way around it. Golden is still a good recruiter, I mean we have a top 5 class.

A lot of people are front runners, when they have the opportunity to play on a team that went to 12 straight BCS games and 13/14, with last year not counting since they would have been in one had they been eligible, they are going to take it. It is what it is. If we start winning, we will get these guys.

Advertisement
Urb could legitimately sell a couple things:
- A more favorable depth chart . . . barring injuries, Dixon would probably have to wait a year to get serious playing time at Miami
- Fan adoration and an incredible football-first atmosphere in Columbus, playing in front of 100,000 on Saturdays vs. maybe a third of that in Miami

Maybe thats what the kid is looking for, it is what it is, get over it, HE made a decision that HE felt was best for HIM.

Hey Sherlock Holmes, sometimes kids want to play in a college town in front of 100,000 fans and be BMOC. Can't fault him for wanting to play at the Shoe in front of 100,000 fans EVERY home game. ****, we can't even sellout a friggin game against UF whom we hadn't played in 6 years. Some kids want the college life and aren't concerned with South Beach, etc. Why is that so hard for some of our fans to understand? Plus OSU puts a lot of players in the NFL so that is a non-issue.

If you want to run up and down the field to block in front of 100000 fans then join the Olympics. You want to be good to great in the NFL you go here. Look at even the players who underachieved here and what they are doing in the NFL compared to Urbans best WR ever. You really compare OSU players in the NFL to U players, you sir are a troll.

Urban can just say - look at our wins versus losses.

I'm a proven winner.

Those other guys? No so's you'd notice.

Advertisement
As long as its not a defensive player. We're set at WR with another addition like Njoku, Robinson, or Lenius(want).

An OSU alum i speak with said Urban's chest pains will be back after next year. His plan is to be at OSU for 3 years and win at least one championship and be out. Guy seems to know what's going on up there, so I will see if he is right. LMAO when they lost to MSU.

Look, i live in Columbus Ohio. It really isnt that hard to sell this place. They treat their players like royalty here. If you make one big play against Michigan, theyll build you a a fuggin restaurant. Everyone wants their Luckeyes to actually win its first LEGIT 'chip since 1970(?) OSU football is all everyone talks about here.
That coupled with Urbs beeing a sly little greaseball telling him he'll be the first stud playmaking WR that Taints had in some time. Everyone will love him blah blah blah. I bet he ate that **** up.

Hey Sherlock Holmes, sometimes kids want to play in a college town in front of 100,000 fans and be BMOC. Can't fault him for wanting to play at the Shoe in front of 100,000 fans EVERY home game. ****, we can't even sellout a friggin game against UF whom we hadn't played in 6 years. Some kids want the college life and aren't concerned with South Beach, etc. Why is that so hard for some of our fans to understand? Plus OSU puts a lot of players in the NFL so that is a non-issue.

If you want to run up and down the field to block in front of 100000 fans then join the Olympics. You want to be good to great in the NFL you go here. Look at even the players who underachieved here and what they are doing in the NFL compared to Urbans best WR ever. You really compare OSU players in the NFL to U players, you sir are a troll.

national stage we are not anymore. we're hanging our hats on sam shields and Jimmy Graham being successful in the pros right now who were developed at the next level, not here... we win and we won't lose most recruits like Dixon to oos schools no matter who their coach is. its the reality. some people believe corches vision, and other recruits would rather see the vision be present day.

Advertisement
Back