The Unintended Consequences

Advertisement
“Brother you gotta stop listening to these Ppl that cover the team..their info is the part that’s unreliable and is the cause of confusion.”

That’s point of the OP. Lol.

These “sources” are coming from w/in my guy. It’s a tug-o-war from w/in & that’s a problem.
Gotcha bruh lol. and Yes the sources might be in the building but they have 0 say.

Advertisement
The biggest reason, if not the only reason this appears to be a mess, is because WE, the base are involved. Our voices are being heard by one side and disregarded by another.
No other vacancy has garnered this much attention from their fan base. Coach search, yes...AD...no one really cares. We currently dont have a coach vacancy. But that's because we dont have an AD to create one yet.
To me, this is only bad optics to the base and candidates for either position, but it's a temporary problem that can simply be solved with spending money. And that's what I think our ultimate focus and frustrations should be on. All this is bs until we see if the admin puts the resources in play to be competitive nationally, not just in the coastal.

Media members with no real clue hot takes get clicks. How they keep their jobs
That’s the problem..I’ll give manny navarro this..he’s one of the few that’s been real and said nobody knows **** and the ones claiming to have a scoop are getting that from ppl who have 0 say in what’s going on...Julio and his advisers he trust are making this call. Every thing else is bs

Excellent post. The people defending how the university is handling this mess are all Miami fans. Lake. Ferman. Mike Ryan. Us fans. Etc.

I hope we arent about to get blindsided with reality.
I thought you were preaching patience and the pres was handling this well...

Advertisement
September 25, 2021

Kirk Herbstreit decided to air his frustration towards The University of Miami, particularly it’s direction. Why? B/c The U was on a 4 game losing streak against P5 opponents, struggling against a G5 team at home, at the time of his rant. The rant questioned our dedication to winning, and for the first time, questioned the alignment of the decision makers of The U.

Results? It prompted a letter from The President’s office to refute such claims. It prompted a rehearsed statement by Diaz after a blowout win against a semi FCS school to defend The University. However something sinister happened; On October 23rd, 2021, before an ACC matchup against NCSt, Blake James provides an interview w/ a hand select few regarding Diaz’s job. That interview unveiled a complete chit storm showing, indeed, The University of Miami has zero alignment.

From that time onward, all we’ve seen is a school that’s been made to look more & more incompetent. Unfortunately, the media have been used as weapons of mass destruction. Whether the info leaked has merit or not is of no consequence to me; what it has been done is validate what Herbstreit said some 9 weeks ago.

I’m going to go out on a limb & say whether these reports are accurate or not, they are not being pulled out of thin air. I’m going to assume those w/in the dept are either accurately or deceptively leaking reports, all of which are sabotaging our reputation further. If it’s the former, then our direction of leadership is f’d; however, if it’s the latter, it shows our alignment & unity is disjointed af at The Hecht.

Look, I’m not an insider; I’m just a loyal fan for 3+ decades. I’m just a guy who’s made friends w/ some old school & current alums; but, what I will say is that regardless of how we may try to reason, spin, or justify what’s been going on, THIS IS NOT HOW A PROPERLY RAN UNIVERSITY OPERATES. I know business; I’ve been successful in it. I’ve worked for companies who lived on its past reputation w/o fwd thinking, and we were a complete chit show b/c of it. There was no alignment, too many chefs in the kitchen w/ huge egos. The results? Ppl w/ decision making influence jockeying for position no matter the end results vs. coming together to right the ship, A Reactive nature when JD Powers & Associates ripped us a new one vs. formulating a cohesive plan.
We’re seeing this type of chit happen before our very eyes, b/c we’ve been unveiled as a chit show.

Timeline & justifications:
-Blake James makes a statement on Diaz’s tenure before NC St game; James looks shady for coming out w/ said statement before a big game AND using certain media members, while excluding others (he would catch **** from both Diaz supporters & hurt feelings media members)

-Diaz after game makes statement to low key slight James

-James fired, causing a divide of some BOT members who loved him vs The Presidents office.

-Diaz allegedly on hot seat, but goes on a streak of winning 5 of 6 games.

-Allegedly an AD was supposed to have been announced two weeks ago. (Failed)

-Allegedly The University wanted to wait until Dec. 1st to make a decision to fire Diaz (Hasn’t come to fruition as of yet)

Hopefully we hire the right AD & coach, but between the academic tumbles, the COMPLETE athletic stumbles, and leaving a decision in the hands of a guy who yesterday had no interest in sports or cognizant of its affect on school revenue, doesn’t make me feel good.

I’ll just finish up w/ this; living in SC territory, there wasn’t nearly this much chit being talked about. Matter of fact, there were no leaks until it was time to pull the trigger. The only speculation was SC’s interest in Meyer (which he commented on) & Fickell (which a story was upon). Nothing else. Why? B/c SC has alignment from top to bottom. When the firing came of Swann, it was a unanimous decision. This power play that’s going on at Miami is not only tiresome, but worrisome.
to be fair, it was a 6 game losing streak against power 5 dating back to the final 2 games of 2020! Everything else was beautiful

I thought you were preaching patience and the pres was handling this well...
You must not be good at reading then.

I’ve said in multiple posts that the university has botched this process. I hope the end result makes the process unimportant.

As for the press, I’ve said is McMurphy isn’t reporting based off canesinsight posts and rumors. I’m sure his sources are telling him what he’s reporting. Again, I hope that his sources are people that aren’t important to the final result.

You must not be good at reading then.

I’ve said in multiple posts that the university has botched this process. I hope the end result makes the process unimportant.

As for the press, I’ve said is McMurphy isn’t reporting based off canesinsight posts and rumors. I’m sure his sources are telling him what he’s reporting. Again, I hope that his sources are people that aren’t important to the final result.
wasnt coming at you, I haven't been able to read every post, just remember a post of yours from a few days ago.

I’m a glass half full; but man, I’ve never seen some much information or misinformation in my life regarding a program.
like you stated, to the fans and "insiders" on social media, the progrum looks inept at this point. hopefully we dont look inept to the AD and HC that we are allegedly courting. its always darkest before dawn. i trust our #1 CIS insider @Cribby when he says chill

Advertisement
We’ve been saying a couple of weeks like saying “we byke.” Lol.
Relly
good points, but how does Miami recover its status as a top College when Leadership is so political, lacking, and confused.?
What recovery plan do we have to set this ship back on course.?

It can't be the AD announcement, nor the Coach, because the damage is getting lethal if the bleeding does not stop now.

I am convinced that there may be some of the BOT's that may not get their way so they ***** our U by presenting a picture of " total ineptitude ", and don't give a ****.
Admin and Frenk need to say anything, but we hear crickets.

Advertisement
Good post OP. Ultimately this is a sh*t show no matter how you slice it. Hopefully Frenk and his brain trust nail the AD hire. I know my buddies who are fans of other schools don’t believe a **** word I say about the current search. I’m slowly losing my optimism by the day.
Other fanbases think this is a total ****show and that we will **** up again.

Advertisement
Back