The two weeks before FIU...

Advertisement
Temple might be motivated against Manny b/c of what done....UAB is a well coached football team....well coached. U r right.

not having any practice time together, if the season does happen this yr, I’m not that confident & we already have a built in excuse for falling short (Newly installed offense w no practice in place)
But we have an advantage over a lot of over schools because we at least had a couple weeks of practice. Most teams don’t start spring ball until after college spring break. And not being together the rest of spring doesn't give us a disadvantage. Every other program is experiencing this. Also, Temple and UAB will be motivated. In the temple locker room they are probably saying “hey we can beat these guys. We are just as talented as them”. Probably the same thing with UAB. If I’m not Mistaken, UAB beat LA tech last year and we got crushed by them.

Advertisement
But we have an advantage over a lot of over schools because we at least had a couple weeks of practice. Most teams don’t start spring ball until after college spring break. And not being together the rest of spring doesn't give us a disadvantage. Every other program is experiencing this. Also, Temple and UAB will be motivated. In the temple locker room they are probably saying “hey we can beat these guys. We are just as talented as them”. Probably the same thing with UAB. If I’m not Mistaken, UAB beat LA tech last year and we got crushed by them.

Every other team have cohesiveness, as well, w/ a select few on our schedule (FSU & MSU). We do not. I think u forget we just went 6-7. We still have a green coach, and now there’s a new offensive concept being installed.

Every other team have cohesiveness, as well, w/ a select few on our schedule (FSU & MSU). We do not. I think u forget we just went 6-7. We still have a green coach, and now there’s a new offensive concept being installed.
I would agree with that. Coach Diaz failed to prepare his team and he made some questionable decisions late in games. If the players have the same crappy attitude as they did last year, we will have a loosing record again. The players think their better than they really are so they feel like they will just Cruz by every team with minimal effort. But in reality, they aren’t talented enough to do that. Teams like Bama, Ohio state and Clemson can do that.

The obvious reason(s) we lost to FIU were due to a whole lot of "UNs"
Undisciplined, uninspired, uncaring, uncoached, unprepared and any others you want to name. Those who broke curfew should have sat the pine regardless of their position. Diaz needs to tighten up and put a little fear in the mix. If anyone unhappy, creating a cancer on the team, get rid of them. I always remember what Jimmy Johnson's players said about practice.......their practices were so hard that it was a cakewalk/stroll in the park on game day. Hard practices would weed out the weak.

I would agree with that. Coach Diaz failed to prepare his team and he made some questionable decisions late in games. If the players have the same crappy attitude as they did last year, we will have a loosing record again. The players think their better than they really are so they feel like they will just Cruz by every team with minimal effort. But in reality, they aren’t talented enough to do that. Teams like Bama, Ohio state and Clemson can do that.

Couldn't agree more

Advertisement
You would think one of the Miami beat writers would have tried to report on what happened after Louisville. You know, ask questions, dig a little, forget the press conferences and get behind the scene. But nah...

Advertisement
You would think one of the Miami beat writers would have tried to report on what happened after Louisville. You know, ask questions, dig a little, forget the press conferences and get behind the scene. But nah...
Worst beat writers in the country by far

The obvious reason(s) we lost to FIU were due to a whole lot of "UNs"
Undisciplined, uninspired, uncaring, uncoached, unprepared and any others you want to name. Those who broke curfew should have sat the pine regardless of their position. Diaz needs to tighten up and put a little fear in the mix. If anyone unhappy, creating a cancer on the team, get rid of them. I always remember what Jimmy Johnson's players said about practice.......their practices were so hard that it was a cakewalk/stroll in the park on game day. Hard practices would weed out the weak.

Words of wisdom.

How are you holding up?

Advertisement

No chance.

When was the last time any of them ever did anything like this?

There are many players, coaches who have left the program. A few might be willing to talk.

That’s always a fine line because you have to seperate truth from sour grapes.

The best way to do this is to report it during the timeframe it is happening. So much time has passed, it’s hard to get an accurate read of what was really happening.

The bottom line is we have a horrible collection of beat writers and others that cover Miami. They never have a clue what’s going on until after everything has happened.

That’s always a fine line because you have to seperate truth from sour grapes.

The best way to do this is to report it during the timeframe it is happening. So much time has passed, it’s hard to get an accurate read of what was really happening.

The bottom line is we have a horrible collection of beat writers and others that cover Miami. They never have a clue what’s going on until after everything has happened.

These kind of stories -- called "reconstructs" -- are done almost every day by the best newspapers. You counter sour grapes by getting multiple sources on both sides of an issue.
And let's say a sour grapes player says there was a team meeting and so and so happened. Now you know there was a meeting. Start digging. Confirm that there was a meeting. Get 4, 5 people to detail the meeting. You leverage what a source said to get others to talk.
It's not easy. It takes time. It takes hustle. It takes the ability to get people to open things up. But in a screwed up situation, people are more likely to talk.
Question; Can you remember a single in depth media reconstruct about Miami football in the last 10 years? And I don't mean a few paragraphs from a single anonymous source. I can't.

Advertisement
Back