The two weeks before FIU...

Advertisement
this. we would've scraped by at 8-4 and called it an improvement, leading to another year of enos' smug "i know better than you" attitude about his dog **** offense and 7-8 win purgatory. at least now we'll be entertaining if/when we lose games.
And his soaking wet non laminated play call sheet in the rain. He got me excited for one series and that was the first series of the year against Florida. I was like what the **** is all this and then it got worse from there.

I would say that 8-9 wins would be a successful season. At least that’s what I personally expect. Our schedule isn’t as easy as we think. UAB and Temple will be tough games. Those are two good programs. Michigan State is always a good team and I like their new head coach. UNC is probably the favorite to win the coastal. Idk much about the other teams in the coastal but o would assume that Pitt and Virginia Tech will be pretty good. They always have a sold program. And the FSU game is always close
If we dont win the coastal next year, thats a fail and Diaz should be gone.

Advertisement
I’m hoping the fact that Lashlee is there now will give manny someone else to provide input on how to not ***** thus thing up

lmao you mean those weeks where "we could take on bama!"

so many of these posters had me cracking up so hard.

Advertisement
lmao you mean those weeks where "we could take on bama!"

so many of these posters had me cracking up so hard.
A bunch of slapdicks who said that. Bama would have beat this team by at least 40 if they played in the bowl game.

I would say that 8-9 wins would be a successful season. At least that’s what I personally expect. Our schedule isn’t as easy as we think. UAB and Temple will be tough games. Those are two good programs. Michigan State is always a good team and I like their new head coach. UNC is probably the favorite to win the coastal. Idk much about the other teams in the coastal but o would assume that Pitt and Virginia Tech will be pretty good. They always have a sold program. And the FSU game is always close
If UAB and Temple are tough games, doesn't that tell you all you need to know about the program under Diaz?

We had just skinned Fla St and Louisville alive. Then we had two weeks off.
Any thoughts about what happened inside the program before the FIU disaster? Morale sank? Loss of faith in the coaches? Poor preparation? Jarren pouted? Didn't he break curfew with a few others?
The FIU loss just didn't make sense.

Bruh, we were 0-3 off bye-weeks this yr. I’ve known not any other Miami team to boast that on their resume.

FIU got our swag, our theme by our sponsor, and our old crib was considered their home field. Nothing, & I mean nothing went right on so many levels.

Advertisement

Temple might be motivated against Manny b/c of what done....UAB is a well coached football team....well coached. U r right.

not having any practice time together, if the season does happen this yr, I’m not that confident & we already have a built in excuse for falling short (Newly installed offense w no practice in place)

IMO, that was the worst & most embarrassing loss in school history (in the modern era). FIU was 0-30 vs P5 teams coming into that game... 0-30.

The team looked completely unmotivated & had absolutely no fight in them whatsoever.

Jarren had a nervous breakdown & looked like he was melting under pressure & the Defense allowed FIU's WR's & RB's to put on a clinic, they were marching up & down the field at will vs our Secondary & LB corps.

They were out-coached, outclassed & out-efforted. They played that game like they had something better else to do.

The whole team was a JR Smith meme.

Jesus man I hate reliving that nightmare. I was a ball of rage as I walked out of that stadium. My wife kept looking at me she said oh my God your ears are so red. For some reason when I get really mad, my ears turn bright crimson red. She was trying not to laugh, because she knew just how ****ed I was. I literally was ready to kill somebody. Good thing there were no “butch muthafūckin Davis” people anywhere near me

That’s why I can never really forgive Manny. And you know me, I’m not one of those people that constantly is on here bltching and and moaning bringing up all the negatives. But I find that game unforgivable.

to this day, unless he wins the national fūcking championship, I don’t want to see or hear from Manny Diaz. I don’t want to hear his full length look at me I’m so smart explanations. I will only consider forgiving him if he wins a fūcking national championship. Only then. And even then, I’m still going to resent him and give him the side eye.

I’m not sure, but I think in this thread, this is the first time I’ve actually ever talked about that game.

Advertisement
Temple might be motivated against Manny b/c of what done....UAB is a well coached football team....well coached. U r right.

not having any practice time together, if the season does happen this yr, I’m not that confident & we already have a built in excuse for falling short (Newly installed offense w no practice in place)
We could very well be 1-3 first 4 games of this year if there is a season. Manny would be canned if that happens. I'm going to say we go 3-1 tho. Sparty is a mess also but those type of games Miami always seems to **** themselves. Think Nebraska 2014 which Miami could have definitely won if they had a decent d and a couple key turnovers by us. I know Sparty won't be ranked like Nebraska was but this will be a nationally televised game, big time crowd, and on the road.

Jesus man I hate reliving that nightmare. I was a ball of rage as I walked out of that stadium. My wife kept looking at me she said oh my God your ears are so red. For some reason when I get really mad, my ears turn bright crimson red. She was trying not to laugh, because she knew just how ****ed I was. I literally was ready to kill somebody. Good thing there were no “butch muthafūckin Davis” people anywhere near me

That’s why I can never really forgive Manny. And you know me, I’m not one of those people that constantly is on here bltching and and moaning bringing up all the negatives. But I find that game unforgivable.

to this day, unless he wins the national fūcking championship, I don’t want to see or hear from Manny Diaz. I don’t want to hear his full length look at me I’m so smart explanations. I will only consider forgiving him if he wins a fūcking national championship. Only then. And even then, I’m still going to resent him and give him the side eye.

I’m not sure, but I think in this thread, this is the first time I’ve actually ever talked about that game.
Amen to that. Losses to UNC, Ga Tech, FIU, and La Tech are unforgivable and I will not support Manny until he wins consistently. So my guess will be never.

I’ve asked this question on here and even pm’d a few dudes. Haven’t heard a response.
losing 4 times when favored by over 2 touchdowns has never been done.
Doesn’t add up. Doesn’t make sense. I’ve watched that fiu game 3 times. The lack of effort was obvious all over with a few exceptions. How about a p5 team putting up a goose egg against a non p5 team in a bowl game. don’t think that sht has happened either. Someone was making a statement. Something went horribly wrong somewhere.
Something happened on this team that caused a lack of unity or a dedicated unified effort to suck because of it. But that’s just me guessing.
Sacrificial lamb 15-0 season coming lololololol

Can't believe we're reliving this ****, man **** this virus. I'm pretty sure COVID19 started at that game.

The coaches at FIU aren't stupid, at all, they put in a game plan and it worked.

That probably happened in the other 30 P5 games they lost, too.

After that, one of three things can happen:

1) Opposing team's talent is too good and it doesn't matter anyway, eventually they break through.

2) Opposing team makes the adjustment and the FIU level talent can't match it.

3) Neither and FIU actually wins a football game.

It was an absolute embarrassment of a coaching job from the second Louisville ended to that game started-- preparation thru execution. We got out-coached.

On the player side, it was an even bigger failure and I will tell you why. You're supposed to want to win the game. No, you don't have to be excited about playing FIU, you actually aren't supposed to care who you're playing, you're just supposed to want a W. Even with Enos crap playbook, they should have been able to drop a few scores and get the W, but they didn't.

Jarren Williams is supposed to see FIU and think he'll set a new record in back to back weeks and be ****ed if he doesn't. He didn't.

Nesta is supposed to think about how many times he'll ragdoll the blocker, he did the opposite and got blown off the ball who had one offer coming out of HS, FIU!

Advertisement
Back