The two weeks before FIU...

Martycane

Sophomore
We had just skinned Fla St and Louisville alive. Then we had two weeks off.
Any thoughts about what happened inside the program before the FIU disaster? Morale sank? Loss of faith in the coaches? Poor preparation? Jarren pouted? Didn't he break curfew with a few others?
The FIU loss just didn't make sense.

Advertisement
Any thoughts about what happened inside the program before the FIU disaster? Morale sank? Loss of faith in the coaches? Poor preparation? Jarren pouted? Didn't he break curfew with a few others?
Diaz may be in over his head. We will find out for sure this year. Anything less than 10 wins with this schedule is a failure IMO.

I’ve asked this question on here and even pm’d a few dudes. Haven’t heard a response.
losing 4 times when favored by over 2 touchdowns has never been done.
Doesn’t add up. Doesn’t make sense. I’ve watched that fiu game 3 times. The lack of effort was obvious all over with a few exceptions. How about a p5 team putting up a goose egg against a non p5 team in a bowl game. don’t think that sht has happened either. Someone was making a statement. Something went horribly wrong somewhere.
Something happened on this team that caused a lack of unity or a dedicated unified effort to suck because of it. But that’s just me guessing.

Manny has no clue how to read his team, and a poor coach’s lack of skills are amplified during longer layovers.

In other words, the team was overconfident after 2 big wins, didn’t take FIU seriously, didn’t work hard, and gave halfass effort during the layover, and Manny didn’t read the teams mentality, and did nothing to force them to focus and work harder. Pretty straightforward.

Even a poor G5 team with an over-the-hill coach can beat you if that’s how you approach the game.

Advertisement
FIU wanted it more. That's all there really is to it. And we don't have a large enough talent and coaching gap anymore to offset our lack of hunger and urgency. Back in the day we could take every team's best shot and still win by 28. Nowadays directional schools are a threat to us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It clearly is problem that hopefully he’s looked into. Would love to hear what manny’s thoughts are on this specific issue since he’s had time to think about it.

I don’t want to hear that it will be fixed because there’s a new offensive staff.

FIU wanted it more. That's all there really is to it. And we don't have a large enough talent and coaching gap anymore to offset our lack of hunger and urgency. Back in the day we could take every team's best shot and still win by 28. Nowadays directional schools are a threat to us.
Saying FIU wanted it more means little when the Miami players didn't want it at all. That game was ALL about leadership, and Miami had none. FIU had a coach that wanted that game badly, and the players did all they could to win it for him. Miami has a coach that looks like he's about to cry on the sideline when things get tough.

Advertisement
Zero leadership.

No knock on shaq...

but legit looking at that team last year you had zero Alphas....

KJ was a transfer Who probably didn’t get a lot of respect as he came in and grabbed a spot and was doing his NFL thing (don’t care what PR things some said)

Zero offensive leaders and a QB shuffle that included Nkosi “just kicking it” Perry, Jarren “I fold like a lawnchair under pressure” Williams, and Tate “bro you see that *** I’m tapping” Martell

Advertisement
Back