The two biggest things Sam Bruce brings to the table

If you have watched Sam Bruce over the years you would know that each year he gained an extra gear. From his days at uschool to this year he had gotten a lot faster. We can expect for him to continue that jump when he gets a college program training him. Remember dorsett didn't come in running anything close to a 4.3 40. Kids improve their speed all the time at Miami. With that being said Bruce has more than enough speed and can be explosive with the ball in his hand when he gets the opportunity. People love to talk about Sam Bruce size but if you haven't noticed he is not small by any means he weighs about 185+ and he can catch a pass over anyone no matter the height of the db....

PD was in the 4.40 range as a true freshman. I want to say maybe even better.

Advertisement
Again, I love having him on board. But I've yet to see how an elite short area burst guy with elite moves and quickness could be held to 9 yards per catch over the course of an entire season in high school, especially on a team with multiple weapons that didn't allow opponents to focus on Sam.

you dont need to run a 4.3 to be a threat, he will get faster top end as he goes through collage, his highlights to me looked like a ton of bubble screens and short crossing routs, do you think he is not explosive????

jimshart, who said anything about him needing to run 4.3 forty? Stop posting dumb **** and mutating this conversation.

He kind of has a point though, since he will be the ONLY one working out in college to improve his physical characteristics.

Again, I love having him on board. But I've yet to see how an elite short area burst guy with elite moves and quickness could be held to 9 yards per catch over the course of an entire season in high school, especially on a team with multiple weapons that didn't allow opponents to focus on Sam.

Because Jake Allen sucks (uf commit) 1600 yds 18td 8int with all those weapons. Sean white threw for 2300 and 29tds when he was at university with bruce (auburn commit) 15ypc and 9tds that year. Hes never going to have #1 type receiver stats but he can make major impacts on gameplanning and special teams. You cant toss a LB or 99% of safeties on him.

Jake allen does not suck...If you actually watch St Thomas game they run a rather conservative offense...

I dont think he has elite short area burst... he has elite change of direction... (I think Yearbys is better but Bruce is Faster and Bruce maybe a better athlete but thats splitting hairs)

Advertisement
[video=youtube;ELpeACvQEro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELpeACvQEro[/video]

IJS anybody can do that.

I kind of disagree with Dmoney on some things about his quickness... He is a long strider to be 5'8 Ive never seen anything like it. his change of direction is elite I wouldnt consider his quickness elite. When he starts and stops again it takes him awhile to get going again this is why he gets caught from behind on some of his runs. When he hits his stride he is fast enough. he seems to explode out of his cuts when hes running more then when coming off the line of scrimmage. I think it takes him a while to get top notch speed... thats why his numbers are low... Jake Allen does not suck

1600 yards 18 td 8 int playing at st Thomas where they have multiple big time receivers... Nah bleak...

I haven't paid much attention to him because Al has me conditioned just losing his sort anyway. Now that we might actually keep him, I watched. Wow. Kid is old Cane. Kaaya and him together for two years with a real QB coach(Mark not his baby boy) are going to be eyepoping. Only negative I saw was carrying the ball a little exposed, but who cares.

NO AL does not have you conditioned. You just have a loser's mind sight and that is the first step in anything in life is to acknowledge the problem. Winners and people who are doing well in life are not worried about what could and should have been.

Advertisement
Just get the ball and his period.
Put him a Rb a few plays kind of the way the browns use Duke getting him matched up on a backer.

listen guys!! What makes Bruce elite is he can change directions at top or almost near top speed without slowing down....He can almost change 90 degrees without slowing down thaths when he separates.... Thats the xplosive part about him.. It takes him a while to get to top speed unlike lets say Stacy Coley who is at top speed on his second third step. Bruce is not a WR screen type of reciever....he is a double move type and tough great hands over the middle type of reciever..Go look at his tape even from sophomore and junior year..his longest catches are on double moves..He wont just run past you as a WR on a go route

I'm going to call him "little Obama", because he is attended by promises of hope and change, ushering in a new era of success -- or abject failure -- depending on your perspective of him.

Take that political **** and shove it up your immature ***.

listen guys!! What makes Bruce elite is he can change directions at top or almost near top speed without slowing down....He can almost change 90 degrees without slowing down thaths when he separates.... Thats the xplosive part about him.. It takes him a while to get to top speed opposite of Stacy Coley. Bruce is not a WR screen type of reciever....he is a double move type and tough great hands over the middle type of reciever..Go look at his tape even from sophomore and junior year..his longest catches are on double moves..He wont just run past you as a WR

I like that he can go up and get the ball from someone. Im glad Sam Bruce stayed home man. These are the type of recruits that can send a message to the south Florida community. Everybody knows Bruce especially in broward county.....

Advertisement
I kind of disagree with Dmoney on some things about his quickness... He is a long strider to be 5'8 Ive never seen anything like it. his change of direction is elite I wouldnt consider his quickness elite. When he starts and stops again it takes him awhile to get going again this is why he gets caught from behind on some of his runs. When he hits his stride he is fast enough. he seems to explode out of his cuts when hes running more then when coming off the line of scrimmage. I think it takes him a while to get top notch speed... thats why his numbers are low... Jake Allen does not suck

1600 yards 18 td 8 int playing at st Thomas where they have multiple big time receivers... Nah bleak...

Nah Mane ...St Thomas runs a conservative offense....I've went to multiple games this year.. Go look at dam near every QB that came through St Thomas..They all have the similar numbers for the most part

No what the best part about this is?

We won't have to argue but so long.

He'll be suiting up in the orange and green soon enough

Nah Mane ...St Thomas runs a conservative offense....I've went to multiple games this year.. Go look at dam near every QB that came through St Thomas..They all have the similar numbers for the most part

He's not that good bra, he missed Bruce while he was open all season...

Advertisement

Because Jake Allen sucks (uf commit) 1600 yds 18td 8int with all those weapons. Sean white threw for 2300 and 29tds when he was at university with bruce (auburn commit) 15ypc and 9tds that year. Hes never going to have #1 type receiver stats but he can make major impacts on gameplanning and special teams. You cant toss a LB or 99% of safeties on him.

Jake allen does not suck...If you actually watch St Thomas game they run a rather conservative offense...

Is that their general philosophy or did they handcuff allen on purpose? Okorn thre for 2500 22td 4int...seems like they knew what they had in allen.

Sam Bruce had to have broke a record this week. He is going to have at least 6threads with over 100 posts in each of them. It's absolutely crazy.

Is that their general philosophy or did they handcuff allen on purpose? Okorn thre for 2500 22td 4int...seems like they knew what they had in allen.

Yep

Advertisement
Back