The TVD Experience

Look beyond the stat sheet, and you'll understand why people are frustrated with the guy. TVD commits TERRIBLE turnovers, game changing ones because he locks onto receivers. If you are a Miami receiver not nicknamed X, you are out there getting cardio, because unless he has no choice, TVD isn't throwing the ball to you, even if you are wide open. The 4th down pass where Horton was WIDE OPEN, coming across TVDs face and TVD chose to force a ball to X, where he had a ZERO chance of making a catch was a perfect example. He has no pocket awareness and appears to be too afraid to climb the pocket. Miami's OL was giving him enough time, and TVD didn't help them at all by getting rid of the ball or running. He stands there, like a dummy and waits for the sack. Help your OL sometimes.

This D was left out to dry AGAIN, because TVD puts them in terrible situations because he doesn't have any interest in anything. His body language on the sidelines is terrible, it's obvious that a lot of the guys on the O are done with him. It's amazing how the guy that once was running around on the sidelines, getting people fired up, the guy who had his team playing hard for him as a first time starter is now a sullen, depressed dude that sits on the sidelines and looks like he wants to be anywhere else but on the field.
Parrishs Fumble was much worse than TVDs INT.
George got the ball quite a bit.
Yeah he should have passed to Horton. That was in the 4th quarter when we were like down 21. He's not very fast and is a pocket QB. Idk why people expect him to run much. It's not going to happen.

I'm not saying he was Elite. But he was definitely Good. And he performed good enough to win today.

Advertisement
He does not look healthy, they have him wrapped up in bubble wrap and it doesn’t help.
He cannot take a hit and every time he hits the ground it looks like he‘s hurt. He runs like an 80 year old man.
Hard to believe he doesn’t scan the field and just locks in on where he’s throwing the ball.

I don’t believe his heart is in it to be frank.
Physically he’s changed very little since he stepped foot on campus which, to this old guy, raises questions about commitment to your “craft”.
Another poster put it perfectly in another thread, he looks/acts like football is a hobby.

Advertisement
Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

Advertisement
He’s clearly hurt but something else is up too. Seemed more excited for Williams not dressed on the sidelines last week than at any point in this game.

When things go bad, the good but not elite players get it the worst from our fanbase. It’s been like that forever with the Canes.

TVD is a good player. One of the more efficient passers in the nation. He averages 9 yards per throw for his career with 51 TDs and 17 picks.

Is he Drake Maye? No. Can he carry us above our stupidity? No. But plenty of teams would love to have him and he is way down on the list of problems.
Way down on the list? Are you watching him or just reciting stats? The young man looks shot. I am nervous every time he throws it

Advertisement
He’s clearly hurt but something else is up too. Seemed more excited for Williams not dressed on the sidelines last week than at any point in this game.
He doesn’t love it. I’m sure he’s not a bad person, and there is arm talent, but I don’t think he thinks it’s worth it. I don’t think he likes the pressure of being the guy, which is weird considering how he started his career.

Time to start Emory who has the poise and guts.

at 5-3 maybe Mario would have made a change??? Probably not. But at 6-2 we are stuck with the TVD experience for the rest of 2023. Not fun. Kid is a mental midget.

I'm not even bothered that he struggles. All QBs do...But for him, It's like he doesn't have a "bounce back" meter. It's like once he starts to play bad, the world just ends for him
Not going to lie to you… I’m bothered because his last 3 games he has been completely *** and every unit was getting the blame but him.

He still can’t decipher zone coverages and he never will. Add that his processing is so slow with a gun slinger mentality. People will blame Mario, Dawson, the WR’s, OL, RB’s Gattis, Alonzo but this who he is and will be.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not going to lie to you… I’m bothered because his last 3 games he has been completely *** and every unit was getting the blame but him.

He still can’t decipher zone coverages and he never will. Add that his progression is so slow with a gun slinger mentality. People will blame Mario, Dawson, the WR’s, OL, RB’s Gattis, Alonzo but this who he is and will be.
Lol yeah right. I probably shouldn't say I'm not bothered because I definitely am. I guess I meant I'm just not surprised. He's been the same TVD since he got here. We all got blinded by the 4-5 good games he had his freshman year tho

Lol yeah right. I probably shouldn't say I'm not bothered because I definitely am. I guess I meant I'm just not surprised. He's been the same TVD since he got here. We all got blinded by the 4-5 good games he had his freshman year tho
Very true and with the NFL mock draft guys saying he was a Day 1 guy. Blinded the whole fan base but people forget that Lashlee has made every QB that played for him look good.

Best oline we’ve had in 10 years. Has a lot of time to throw.
Stock is dropping faster than a 35 year old stripper with 3 kids and 4 baby daddy’s.

Advertisement
Back