The TVD Experience

Are you saying we should be playing Emory at 4-2? That's where we're at?
I say play the best QB we have, but if there isn’t someone better than van dyke that is really sad. We missed on all the good young QBs in this recruiting class so putting all our marbles into a good transfer portal guy next year is pretty underwhelming.

Advertisement
Some of yall are dumb as ****. TVD did not play nearly as bad as yall want to make it out to be. If you think TVD played bad, I'd love to hear what yall thought of our OLine, RBs, And literally our entire defense except for like Bain lol. Cause TVD played relatively better than all/most of them did. He had 1 horrible int. He had some other bad plays and some good/great plays. He didn't lose us this game in the slightest.
Now yall can be mad he didn't do enough to win us the game either, but at the end of the day we had a fumble at the 1, a bunch of penalties, a fumbled snap that wasn't TVDs fault, and our defense allowed like 5 huge plays...
Did you watch the game tonight or are you just looking at the box score?

Some of yall are dumb as ****. TVD did not play nearly as bad as yall want to make it out to be. If you think TVD played bad, I'd love to hear what yall thought of our OLine, RBs, And literally our entire defense except for like Bain lol. Cause TVD played relatively better than all/most of them did. He had 1 horrible int. He had some other bad plays and some good/great plays. He didn't lose us this game in the slightest.
Now yall can be mad he didn't do enough to win us the game either, but at the end of the day we had a fumble at the 1, a bunch of penalties, a fumbled snap, and our defense allowed like 5 huge plays...

Look beyond the stat sheet, and you'll understand why people are frustrated with the guy. TVD commits TERRIBLE turnovers, game changing ones because he locks onto receivers. If you are a Miami receiver not nicknamed X, you are out there getting cardio, because unless he has no choice, TVD isn't throwing the ball to you, even if you are wide open. The 4th down pass where Horton was WIDE OPEN, coming across TVDs face and TVD chose to force a ball to X, where he had a ZERO chance of making a catch was a perfect example. He has no pocket awareness and appears to be too afraid to climb the pocket. Miami's OL was giving him enough time, and TVD didn't help them at all by getting rid of the ball or running. He stands there, like a dummy and waits for the sack. Help your OL sometimes.

This D was left out to dry AGAIN, because TVD puts them in terrible situations because he doesn't have any interest in anything. His body language on the sidelines is terrible, it's obvious that a lot of the guys on the O are done with him. It's amazing how the guy that once was running around on the sidelines, getting people fired up, the guy who had his team playing hard for him as a first time starter is now a sullen, depressed dude that sits on the sidelines and looks like he wants to be anywhere else but on the field.

Advertisement
Are you saying we should be playing Emory at 4-2? That's where we're at?

I've been screaming for this since the 3rd quarter of the Ga Tech game. TVD is injured and doesn't have his normal accuracy. My opinion is that TVD is too comfortable being QB1 and is not displaying any kind of moxie. At some point we need to give Emory Williams some reps, if for no other reason that to fire a shot across TVD's bow. It's the right thing to do at this point.

When things go bad, the good but not elite players get it the worst from our fanbase. It’s been like that forever with the Canes.

TVD is a good player. One of the more efficient passers in the nation. He averages 9 yards per throw for his career with 51 TDs and 17 picks.

Is he Drake Maye? No. Can he carry us above our stupidity? No. But plenty of teams would love to have him and he is way down on the list of problems.
I'll agree that it's been like this forever
...the "things going bad part" that is...

Lol Tyler should be playing better but calling for Emory is asinine.

Want to see us lose 8 this year? Play Emory and that's what you'll get.

What makes you say that? Emory Williams was an Elite 11 QB last year. There are several Elite 11 QB's who transition into the college ranks and start as true freshmen and do relatively well. Sure they tend to make freshmen mistakes but that's how a QB develops.

Advertisement
Bruhhhh stop the **** already. It’s okay to admit that TVD is a major part of why this team performs the way it does. You are constantly trying to feed the site bullshyt and hype up these players
Exactly. TVD puts us in bad spots every game. Against good teams we can’t recover. One read QB who doesn’t run isn’t winning us any games. Well not the big ones.

There’s more problems but the team can only hang on so long while he’s over there signing his score card. F man show some emotion so the team knows you care.

What makes you say that? Emory Williams was an Elite 11 QB last year. There are several Elite 11 QB's who transition into the college ranks and start as true freshmen and do relatively well. Sure they tend to make freshmen mistakes but that's how a QB develops.
and hes not obsessed with X.X bails TVD out alot but he is obsessed with him

The interceptions are unacceptable. I have lost all confidence in him. Hope he can somehow gain trust back but not sure he even trusts himself

8 L's is hyperbole but throwing a true freshman who has looked just OK in game action with Clemson, FSU, and Louisville still out there... we'd probably struggle to get to bowl eligibility even only needing to beat 2 of UVA, BC, and NC State

I'd consider that giving up on the season

Advertisement
When things go bad, the good but not elite players get it the worst from our fanbase. It’s been like that forever with the Canes.

TVD is a good player. One of the more efficient passers in the nation. He averages 9 yards per throw for his career with 51 TDs and 17 picks.

Is he Drake Maye? No. Can he carry us above our stupidity? No. But plenty of teams would love to have him and he is way down on the list of problems.
D, why do you think this isn’t sharp. That’s my biggest worry, we’re just not a sharp operation… what do you think the win total ends up being 8?

Advertisement
and hes not obsessed with X.X bails TVD out alot but he is obsessed with him

Ive been to every home game except for Bethune Cookman. I can say that X gets open A LOT MORE than any of the other receivers. He's also the most active in trying to get open if the initial route is not there.

8 L's is hyperbole but throwing a true freshman who has looked just OK in game action with Clemson, FSU, and Louisville still out there... we'd probably struggle to get to bowl eligibility even only needing to beat 2 of UVA, BC, and NC State

I'd consider that giving up on the season

I dont share that opinion.

If the choice is to lose to Clemson by 10 with TVD at QB or losing to Clemson by 17 with Emory Williams at QB, I'll choose the latter.

Animal House Drinking GIF

Advertisement
Back