The truth of the matter is...

Advertisement
somewhat disagree. the majority of us want Butch and that is no secret. if Herman or Strong or hired it would not be considered a failure. we owe it to them to give them a chance to prove themselves and go from there. think the perception without Butch from the fan base would to be cautiously optimistic with the new hire. we were all fooled by Golden because he sounded better than Blandito. We won't be fooled twice this time around

At this point, in any canes fan's eyes, IF Butch is not hired this situation will be viewed as a total failure.

I cannot think of any coach who can come in and cause a stir like butch. Find one, besides Chud (who wont leave the NFL for sure) who would peak fan interest.

Some people can say oh well these guys (Herman et al.) may not have the resume but they can be big time.

The problem is the Herman-type hire was SUPPOSED to be done 5 years ago.

Now because the university messed that one up royally, you have to really go for a home run. There is no home run that checks all the boxes besides Butch.

I will buy season tickets if Butch is picked and I don't even live in the USA, thats what this hire does.

Where the **** do you people come up with this ****?

name one coach who would have a bigger splash than if Butch got hired? Shalala screwed the last three hires up and yes I say Shalala because she's a control freak. She had her chance to hire better coaches but she didn't.

No one in all of college football would care if we hired Butch again. You guys live in your own world.

Everyone in college football would be terrified if we hired Chip Kelly or Gary Patterson

Everyone in the ACC would be terrified if we hired Rich Rod, Herman, Fuente or Strong(he's not on my list but I think he's still well thought of)

Different coaches elicit different reactions. A Butch hire whether you like it or not would barely move the needle

somewhat disagree. the majority of us want Butch and that is no secret. if Herman or Strong or hired it would not be considered a failure. we owe it to them to give them a chance to prove themselves and go from there. think the perception without Butch from the fan base would to be cautiously optimistic with the new hire. we were all fooled by Golden because he sounded better than Blandito. We won't be fooled twice this time around

wrong, my guess if they did hire somebody besides Butch it would be some bum like Cristobal .

Advertisement
No one in all of college football would care if we hired Butch again. You guys live in your own world.

Everyone in college football would be terrified if we hired Chip Kelly or Gary Patterson

Everyone in the ACC would be terrified if we hired Rich Rod, Herman, Fuente or Strong(he's not on my list but I think he's still well thought of)

Different coaches elicit different reactions. A Butch hire whether you like it or not would barely move the needle

The reaction will be: "Lmfao, UM stays living in the past"

really it would be the biggest recruiting boost in 15 years.

Who would you hire if not Butch?

wrong, my guess if they did hire somebody besides Butch it would be some bum like Cristobal .

who still deserves a fair shot from the fans until proven otherwise. get he isn't the first choice but it's all negative speculation until otherwise noted.

Advertisement

Butch and Herman are my two choices. That doesn't mean Butch is some god like some are trying to make him. The sentiment that other schools would be or should be fearful of a guy who hasn't coached in 5 years and did a mediocre job at his last stint is delusional. He is a solid hire with many question marks. Sorry if that offends the Butch is Gawd Brigade.

I am on the Butch train for sure, but he is going to come here under huge expectations. If he doesn't have us in the playoff by year 2, you might see some of the fans, that are calling him a God, turn on him.

WTF, now we're looking for others to bless our choices? **** 'em all! Couldn't care an iota what another program thinks of us. We're the black sheep of college football, and proud of it!

Butch and Herman are my two choices. That doesn't mean Butch is some god like some are trying to make him. The sentiment that other schools would be or should be fearful of a guy who hasn't coached in 5 years and did a mediocre job at his last stint is delusional. He is a solid hire with many question marks. Sorry if that offends the Butch is Gawd Brigade.

Ultimately, you have to be able to coach the players you recruit. F A G couldn't do it, and I am not 100% convinced that Butch can do it at this point in his career. Would I be ****ed if UM hires Butch? **** no! I can live with Butch if we strike out on other candidates who are better coaches than Butch. I just don't want to see UM hire Cristobal, Chud, Schiano or Trestman.

As Friendchise has said, UM needs to identify top coaches and have them decline the job. If that happens, then, by all means, hire Butch.

Advertisement

Ultimately, you have to be able to coach the players you recruit. F A G couldn't do it, and I am not 100% convinced that Butch can do it at this point in his career. Would I be ****ed if UM hires Butch? **** no! I can live with Butch if we strike out on other candidates who are better coaches than Butch. I just don't want to see UM hire Cristobal, Chud, Schiano or Trestman.

As Friendchise has said, UM needs to identify top coaches and have them decline the job. If that happens, then, by all means, hire Butch.
Exactly how I feel.

I'm open minded especially since I asked you the question. I agree on the part he's been out for 5 years he will need to bring a top OC AND DC with him. Can we afford Herman?

Advertisement

I'm open minded especially since I asked you the question. I agree on the part he's been out for 5 years he will need to bring a top OC AND DC with him. Can we afford Herman?

I would think we can, but there are others who know way more about UM finances than I do

We all don't have to agree on everything I think Schiano would be good hire he would bring top Coordinator's with him. Strong would be another good one too. Cristobal would be the worse hire possible, if I had to take one off bama it would be kiffen over Cristobal

We all don't have to agree on everything I think Schiano would be good hire he would bring top Coordinator's with him. Strong would be another good one too. Cristobal would be the worse hire possible, if I had to take one off bama it would be kiffen over Cristobal

I just don't get the Lane Kiffin thing. I haven't followed him all that closely, but I don't recall him tearing it up anywhere he's been a head coach, and he doesn't appear to be stable. While we don't need a coach who views UM as a "destination" job, we need a guy who can actually recruit, coach up the players and win games. Kiffin looks like he can recruit, but I am not sure that he can coach up the players or win games.

At this point, in any canes fan's eyes, IF Butch is not hired this situation will be viewed as a total failure.

I cannot think of any coach who can come in and cause a stir like butch. Find one, besides Chud (who wont leave the NFL for sure) who would peak fan interest.

Some people can say oh well these guys (Herman et al.) may not have the resume but they can be big time.

The problem is the Herman-type hire was SUPPOSED to be done 5 years ago.

Now because the university messed that one up royally, you have to really go for a home run. There is no home run that checks all the boxes besides Butch.

I will buy season tickets if Butch is picked and I don't even live in the USA, thats what this hire does.

Same here. I don't live in Florida (3 hour flight from Miami), and I will also buy seasons tickets if Butch is hired.

I will be really annoyed if we don't hire Butch. We cannot afford to mess this hire up

Advertisement
Back