The Troll Queen of Coral Gables Is Back

She's been my professor for one of my classes this whole semester

What class? What's she like as a porstfessor?

"U.S. Health Care Crisis: Politics & Policies" pretty interesting class about the history and current state of health care. I hate what she did with the athletic department, especially football, but she's a nice lady and interesting professor. She has a lot of good stories from when she worked in the government.

I took that class around the same time Obama was trying to get the ACA passed. It was somewhat interesting, but you better believe she's going to give you a very one-sided (liberal) outlook on the "politics and policies" of health care in this country.

She even went as far as to show Michael Moore's documentary "Sicko" and include some questions on it in the exams. She also invited a professor from Princeton to speak to the class, and needless to say he too was very biased.

She used to give a letter of recommendation to the students who got an A or higher, so just shoot for that I guess. It can't hurt, or you could just end up wiping your *** with it like I did.

(She's still the absolute worst)

Advertisement
Julio Frenk should immediately make a statement that he is of sound mind and not feeling suicidal.

Well played. Made me choke on my first martini of the evening. We should fly a banner for Vince Foster. Someone should break it to Donna that Janet Reno passed so if she came back down here looking for love....

Jokes aside, this will have zero effect (aside from bad Juju) on an alpha like Rick and a Harvard man like Frenk. Let her teach her little class and hopefully fundraise but we need to shut down the narrative that she transformed the academic reputation of our beloved school almost as quickly as we shut down the narrative that she was somehow a positive for athletics. You apologists that keep asking "What did she do that was so bad?" need to ask what she DIDN'T do. The rap on her is one about neglect and accepting the status quo as opposed to misdirected proactivity.

Btw, the liberals among us should go ask her in person about that Walmart land deal.

And again, a vague answer.

yea, you'll never get a great answer out of people who go out of their way to disrespect her. It's just lifeless narrative that people like carry on about every chance they get because they don't know any better. Brooklyndee said it well, 'she deserves blame but not for the reasons most people think'.

At least she knew to get away from that sinking ship known as the Clinton Foundation. #MAGA

There is no Democratic Party to speak of anymore, so she won't be involved with THAT. I'd be glad to never hear a word about the Clinton crowd. Doubt if Shalala does anymore than maybe teach some class. She has no "pull" anymore.

Last edited:
I just threw up my lunch and dinner. What does this b*tch want with our lives probably trying to convince Maine to bring back Golden and Dorito?

Julio Frenk should immediately make a statement that he is of sound mind and not feeling suicidal.

Well played. Made me choke on my first martini of the evening. We should fly a banner for Vince Foster. Someone should break it to Donna that Janet Reno passed so if she came back down here looking for love....

Jokes aside, this will have zero effect (aside from bad Juju) on an alpha like Rick and a Harvard man like Frenk. Let her teach her little class and hopefully fundraise but we need to shut down the narrative that she transformed the academic reputation of our beloved school almost as quickly as we shut down the narrative that she was somehow a positive for athletics. You apologists that keep asking "What did she do that was so bad?" need to ask what she DIDN'T do. The rap on her is one about neglect and accepting the status quo as opposed to misdirected proactivity.

Btw, the liberals among us should go ask her in person about that Walmart land deal.

yea, you'll never get a great answer out of people who go out of their way to disrespect her. It's just lifeless narrative that people like carry on about every chance they get because they don't know any better. Brooklyndee said it well, 'she deserves blame but not for the reasons most people think'.

Jesuchristo, it's not about vague answers but about not wanting to have the same debate for the 1,635 time regarding her stewardship of the athletic program and even the the academic rankings compared to when she took over vs when she exited and the negligible improvement.

This little debate kinda ends when all one does is examine the instant increase in football staff funding alone under Frenk.

Advertisement
Since when was The U a beer and party school. Donna didn't transform ****, but our football team turning us from champs to chumps. Thank god she is no longer president, because she kept our football program in ****!!!

The byline is Jacqueline Charles. Who is Jacqueline Charles?

Journalist Jacqueline Charles, child of the Caribbean | South Florida Times

Yep, a "journalism" graduate of that esteemed University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. This piece is what used to be called a "straight news story," so she was supposed to find somebody who would give an opinion, not just state something:

"Gainesville resident Timmy Jorts stated, "Miami was a beer and party school before my dream lady Donna showed up"

Now, you have "reporters" interjecting THEIR biased opinions into stories to advance what narrative/agenda they have...In this case her Heel is showing.

Not that I would expect anything great from a graduate of UNC:

deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2

Jesuchristo, it's not about vague answers but about not wanting to have the same debate for the 1,635 time regarding her stewardship of the athletic program and even the the academic rankings compared to when she took over vs when she exited and the negligible improvement.

This little debate kinda ends when all one does is examine the instant increase in football staff funding alone under Frenk.

Donna Shalala is simply the worst president any university has ever seen. What did she do besides pander and enable a Ponzi Schemer? Some said she didn't know ok chalk it up to bad luck she was still useless. I honestly don't know name 1 thing she did good for athletics? Maybe oversee the hiring of Perry Clark?

And people ripped Tad Foote some of the greatest moments in history under his watch regardless of it was directly attributable to him or not.

Did someone have a gun to your head asking you to interject yourself then?

The debate would end at that point for a simple minded person. Someone who actually wanted the truth would ask why exactly we had more money in the athletic department when Frenk got there. They'd ask haven't we been going after Richt for the past decade, and wouldn't we likely have given him whatever we wanted then? They'd ask how much did we actually go up with the assistants, because it sure seemed like the only guy we paid up for was Kool (remember most people wanted a dedicated OC and people thought Diaz was the cheap hire and wanted Aranda). They'd ask weren't the new administration going after the same exact guys as we did during the last coaching search?

Advertisement

Donna Shalala is simply the worst president any university has ever seen. What did she do besides pander and enable a Ponzi Schemer? Some said she didn't know ok chalk it up to bad luck she was still useless. I honestly don't know name 1 thing she did good for athletics? Maybe oversee the hiring of Perry Clark?

And people ripped Tad Foote some of the greatest moments in history under his watch regardless of it was directly attributable to him or not.

:q3XKXeX:

see post #71 below.

Last edited:

BOT run schools.

James, during an in-depth conversation assessing the state of his program, cited something else, too: The Board of Trustees’ 2015 decision to raise the salary pool for assistant coaches, something James advocated, has made a tangible difference with the quality of this staff, allowing UM to lure coaches it otherwise might not have, from defensive coordinator Manny Diaz to defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski to offensive line coach Stacy Searels, who was pursued by Georgia Tech.

“The staff Mark has put together is first rate and obviously to bring that staff together, it probably required the resources we provided to Mark to lure them,” James said.

Read more here: UM riding wave of football momentum | Miami Herald

Advertisement
Back