The talk about Tate's weak arm is BS

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wait, what?!?! Accuracy, timing and ball placement are his issues?? If true, how is he not anything more than a shorter version of Rosier?

That stuff is pretty **** important for a QB...way more important than arm strength. Give me the more accurate, more talented QB, that can get the ball where it needs to be on time and in the right place.

Accuracy, timing and ball placement issues for a QB is like being told, “the heart surgeon we have scheduled to perform your heart transplant has a medical degree and graduated at the top of his class, BUT he’s mostly blind, he drinks whiskey during surgery, and his arthritic hands don’t work so good...but other than that he’s a fine Doctor.”

You want that guy operating on you?
Tate wants it. Rosier did not.

Throws towards the sideline, especially from the opposite hash are where he has problems. Not only does it take away that part of the field, it allows defenses to have more guys in the middle of the field making those middle passing windows tighter.
They are going to dare him to throw to the sidelines....he will make some throws out there, but all it takes is one wobbler or inaccurate pass out there to be a pick 6. Passes intercepted out there normally turn into points for the other team.

Throws towards the sideline, especially from the opposite hash are where he has problems. Not only does it take away these part of the field, it allows defenses to have more guys in the middle of the field making those middle passing windows tighter.
They are going to dare him to throw to the sidelines....he will make some throws out there, but all it takes is one wobbler or inaccurate pass out there to be a pick 6. Passes intercepted out there normally turn into points for the other team.
We’ve seen that will all the qbs, is anyone comfortable with Perry or any qb for that matter throwing those type of passes? I still Can’t get the shades of the uva pick out of my head that I just saw

tate.gif

He didn't play at Ohio State

Advertisement
We’ve seen that will all the qbs, is anyone comfortable with Perry or any qb for that matter throwing those type of passes? I still Can’t get the shades of the uva pick out of my head
Sorry for posting the UVA pick lol

Wait, what?!?! Accuracy, timing and ball placement are his issues?? If true, how is he not anything more than a shorter version of Rosier?

That stuff is pretty **** important for a QB...way more important than arm strength. Give me the more accurate, more talented QB, that can get the ball where it needs to be on time and in the right place.

Accuracy, timing and ball placement issues for a QB is like being told, “the heart surgeon we have scheduled to perform your heart transplant has a medical degree and graduated at the top of his class, BUT he’s mostly blind, he drinks whiskey during surgery, and his arthritic hands don’t work so good...but other than that he’s a fine Doctor.”

You want that guy operating on you?

Maybe he drinks whiskey to help with the arthritis pain?

Go Canes!

But who is “he” at the end of the day? He’s certainly not involved in naming the qb and it’s a silly take to even suggest popularity or reach of a qb will have any say so in determining the QB for the university of Miami

As I’ve said before, this a business. Notre Dame gets TV slots that they don’t deserve bc of their “popularity and reach”.

How many unnecessary articles have been written about Tate this summer? What do they say every time when mentioning his name? Quarterback at the University of Miami. That’s free promo. U want a player as the face of your program, not a turnover chain.

No one is saying this is a popularity contest but Tate’s brand being good for business will play a role when all else is equal.

Link: Tate's arm strength video

I, like MOST other TRUE cane fans, just want the best QB to start for the Canes.

There's a lot to recommend Jarren, and alot to recommend Kosi.

But the constant knock against Tate's arm strength had me worried about him. Unless he hurt his arm after the above highlights were filmed, the detractors of Tate and his arm strength are full of crap.

Glad I found this... especially IF Tate is the named starter.

Now, I have full confidence in each of the three combatants/contestants.

I like Tate but he’s throwing the same pass nothing here to suggest a pure passer. He runs well against no elite DL and LB, but love his toughness. Let’s admit, Martell will benefit learning from Enos this year, but he’s not any better than Perry and Williams. Please stop trying to use high school film to justify his weaknesses. He should have gone to an RPO offensive scheme or Diaz change system to fit Martell...while limiting other players.
By the way, look at the quarterbacks Enos are recruiting, and none of them plays like Martell. Canes going to a multidimensional pro-set attacking offensive scheme, and the quarterback is key. I don’t believe we have that quarterback...yet. Let’s just watch and see who can run this system.

Advertisement
Manny has shown good judgement so I have no doubts picking the QB will be any different. You never know though if they are all really that close in ability.

Well as I said in an earlier post, I think Perry starts because of the playing time factor. He simply has more game experience. And if you watched him play last year he can only get better. Tate will be there if Manny has a short leash and JW will have had his locker cleaned out by game time. I will say it again, if you can’t beat out #12 and N’kosi last year then you probably are overrated. I don’t want to hear that Richt didn’t want to waste him or Richt didn’t like playing Freshman.
The best question is Martell being a better quarterback under Richt than Perry?

Advertisement
even Justin fields who was the #1 overall player in 2018 still have to work on accuracy and timing issues.

Accuracy and timing will be the biggest aspects of his game he will need to work on. But he looked good today. Albeit, while throwing to WRs who didn't have anyone covering them, and without anyone rushing the passer. Will be very interesting to hear what Day says about how Fields performs at the scrimmage.

Link: Tate's arm strength video

I, like MOST other TRUE cane fans, just want the best QB to start for the Canes.

There's a lot to recommend Jarren, and alot to recommend Kosi.

But the constant knock against Tate's arm strength had me worried about him. Unless he hurt his arm after the above highlights were filmed, the detractors of Tate and his arm strength are full of crap.

Glad I found this... especially IF Tate is the named starter.

Now, I have full confidence in each of the three combatants/contestants.

This highlight video shows me that he’s a running back playing QB. I want a QB who can also play RB.

Well as I said in an earlier post, I think Perry starts because of the playing time factor. He simply has more game experience. And if you watched him play last year he can only get better. Tate will be there if Manny has a short leash and JW will have had his locker cleaned out by game time. I will say it again, if you can’t beat out #12 and N’kosi last year then you probably are overrated. I don’t want to hear that Richt didn’t want to waste him or Richt didn’t like playing Freshman.
I’ve been saying that too. Malik was just too terrible not to beat out.

Advertisement
Back