The Talent Debate

Advertisement
Took me less time than it took Randy supporters. Thanks for playing.

Also, I give EVERY coach a chance to fail or succeed, which is something some of you would know nothing about. I gave Butch a chance, Larry a chance, Shannon a chance, and Golden a chance. I'll do the same for Richt. If in 4 years we are still winning 8 games, I'll turn on him as well.
Excuse me? GOOD coaching, Richt, is the reason I'm saying we can win the Coastal. Bad coaching is the reason we didn't. Understand me now?
So tell me, what was Dukes? Gts? North Carolinas? They won the Coastal, so why can't we?

Coaches.....you Golden slurpers are something else.

That was a wealth of knowledge right there. Of course we'll now win the Coastal with Richt. Just glad you former Golden slurpers finally realize that Al was a bad coach.

Last edited:
This team shouldn't be ranked at all until they actually beat a ranked team. I might even go another step as this team shouldn't be ranked at all until they beat at least two ranked opponents.

Or in other words... We shouldn't be ranked until we can prove we can stay there?
This team shouldn't be ranked at all until they actually beat a ranked team. I might even go another step as this team shouldn't be ranked at all until they beat at least two ranked opponents.

The OP was discussing Miami's talent (as defined by 247's recruiting rankings) versus the top teams in FBS. Only a total homer would say Miami is a top 10 team in regards to total talent but top 20 is very reasonable. That talent was enough to muster 8 wins despite the worst coaching staff in FBS. Even if the new staff is only a marginal upgrade, expecting less than 9 regular season wins with this schedule is pathetic. Kicking FSU's *** is a given. They needed desperation fourth quarter comebacks to beat Al Golden's coaching. Miami beats them easy this year.

You are crazy. Fsu is loaded and is solid qb play away from being a playoff team. There is no way this team wins easy. Fsu should have blown them out last year but kept making mistakes and then kaaya got hot.

so with a borderline genius offensive coordinator now calling plays for a now even more experienced kayaa with what we can only assume is going to be a much improved offensive line.. you're expecting worse?

FSU got it's doors blown off by houston, a team it heavily out muscles in talent. In fact there hasn't been one game that I've been impressed by FSU since they won the national championship.

They got annihilated by an inferior oregon team. almost like 5 times that very season.. **** they were down what 3 Touchdowns to NC state?

Fsu is seemingly always loaded, and since the 90s have passed, it has rarely meant anything. If jimbo fisher was truly as good he is made out to be then he wouldn't be having issues with QB play in the first place since that is what he specializes in, and on top of that he has elite talent all around the qb.. so what's the deal?

Fsu "should have" blown miami out every single **** year that that pathetic coach known as al golden was here. They have what everyone deems as elite talent and elite coaching, so what gives?

Fact is without dalvin cook, al golden probably would have won 1 of those 2 games which is flat out... pathetic

Advertisement
The OP was discussing Miami's talent (as defined by 247's recruiting rankings) versus the top teams in FBS. Only a total homer would say Miami is a top 10 team in regards to total talent but top 20 is very reasonable. That talent was enough to muster 8 wins despite the worst coaching staff in FBS. Even if the new staff is only a marginal upgrade, expecting less than 9 regular season wins with this schedule is pathetic. Kicking FSU's *** is a given. They needed desperation fourth quarter comebacks to beat Al Golden's coaching. Miami beats them easy this year.

You are crazy. Fsu is loaded and is solid qb play away from being a playoff team. There is no way this team wins easy. Fsu should have blown them out last year but kept making mistakes and then kaaya got hot.

so with a borderline genius offensive coordinator now calling plays for a now even more experienced kayaa with what we can only assume is going to be a much improved offensive line.. you're expecting worse?

FSU got it's doors blown off by houston, a team it heavily out muscles in talent. In fact there hasn't been one game that I've been impressed by FSU since they won the national championship.

They got annihilated by an inferior oregon team. almost like 5 times that very season.. **** they were down what 3 Touchdowns to NC state?

Fsu is seemingly always loaded, and since the 90s have passed, it has rarely meant anything. If jimbo fisher was truly as good he is made out to be then he wouldn't be having issues with QB play in the first place since that is what he specializes in, and on top of that he has elite talent all around the qb.. so what's the deal?

Fsu "should have" blown miami out every single **** year that that pathetic coach known as al golden was here. They have what everyone deems as elite talent and elite coaching, so what gives?

Fact is without dalvin cook, al golden probably would have won 1 of those 2 games which is flat out... pathetic

What im saying is everybody keeps hanging on too the fact that the last 2 years was close on the scoreboard at the end. Last year fsu was dominating their *** in the first half.

This team is worst this year than the last 2 years too. The 2014 o-line was better and there is no duke, flowers, perryman, dorsett, bush and burns.

Yeah kaaya should be better but the team is actually worse talent wise.

Talent + coaching is good enough to win 9 maybe 10 games in year 1. Sounds like from interview some of the kids still have golden mentality in them, luckily we start off with 3 easy games that should get that out of some of them.

Until proven otherwise, its likely 8 wins (including bowl) is how the '16 campaign shakes out considering the very suspect OL.

I think a convincing win in the bowl game would be a sign of solid progress setting up a strong run at the Coastal in '17.

We've had more talent than a most of the teams we've lost to during our decline. That's true on signing day as it is on draft day.

I don't want to hear the talent excuse. Sure, we may not have national championship talent on board, but we sure as **** have enough to compete for the Coastal and have since we joined the ACC. Instead we've been run over and that is why coaches have been fired.

Advertisement

I don't believe that a roster full of kids chosen and evaluated by Al Golden is going to win 10 games. But that's just an opinion.

I think Richt has proven he's capable of winning 10 games, but that's with his own roster of players.

I think we have some elite guys, but not enough. I think this team is top-heavy. I think the middle-of-the-pack, 2/3* type guys that Golden/D'Onofrio had to watch film on and evaluate and decide to offer are probably not very good.

That's my hunch.

I think that Richt looks at guys like Langham and Gus and Redwine and Young... guys we think are decent.... and says "are you ****ing kidding me?"

That's what I think. I think he's used to seeing better talent and he comes off as not being very impressed by what he's seen so far.

Take it with a grain of salt

I agree peoplr here think those kids r great but MR knows whos great. He s not going to openly say they,suck but they taking jabs if u read between the lines.

Again, **** the Coastal. Build it up to compete for championships every year or GTFO.

I don't believe that a roster full of kids chosen and evaluated by Al Golden is going to win 10 games. But that's just an opinion.

I think Richt has proven he's capable of winning 10 games, but that's with his own roster of players.

I think we have some elite guys, but not enough. I think this team is top-heavy. I think the middle-of-the-pack, 2/3* type guys that Golden/D'Onofrio had to watch film on and evaluate and decide to offer are probably not very good.

That's my hunch.

I think that Richt looks at guys like Langham and Gus and Redwine and Young... guys we think are decent.... and says "are you ****ing kidding me?"

That's what I think. I think he's used to seeing better talent and he comes off as not being very impressed by what he's seen so far.

I agree peoplr here think those kids r great but MR knows whos great. He s not going to openly say they,suck but they taking jabs if u read between the lines.

Besides FSU and ND, what team that Miami plays this season has more talent?

Advertisement
Its called talent development, like i said. Diaz can say what he wants about players on the team. They can't be much worse than what he had at Ms St. Boise St, TCU, Michigan St, Missouri. They can dream of getting most of our players out of high school. They drag us up and down the field anyway. Talent development. Period. I expect Richt to do a much better job than Shannon and Golden and be a better gameday coach. Which will count for two wins. 10-2 against a pathetic schedule. They give me no crap about 3/4 years. You have a QB your almost set on offense, we have top 2 in the league. You pressure the QB you are almost set on D. Coach Kool will do that. Only at Miami there is a mentality that only a roster full of 5 stars can win anything, like Duke has, or Baylor, or Ok St. Show me there rosters of 5 stars.

Its called talent development, like i said. Diaz can say what he wants about players on the team. They can't be much worse than what he had at Ms St. Boise St, TCU, Michigan St, Missouri. They can dream of getting most of our players out of high school. They drag us up and down the field anyway. Talent development. Period. I expect Richt to do a much better job than Shannon and Golden and be a better gameday coach. Which will count for two wins. 10-2 against a pathetic schedule. They give me no crap about 3/4 years. You have a QB your almost set on offense, we have top 2 in the league. You pressure the QB you are almost set on D. Coach Kool will do that. Only at Miami there is a mentality that only a roster full of 5 stars can win anything, like Duke has, or Baylor, or Ok St. Show me there rosters of 5 stars.

I'm not buying it. We are as good talent-wise as Houston. People blow like flags in the wind and can't evaluate what's in front of them. We have enough. If we play together we should win the costal with the current state of the conference. We are returning one of the better QBs in CFB and a o-line with experience and better coaching. Not to mention the "Kool" or Diaz factor on defense. Just on scheme, coaching, competition, youth and play-calling we should be a much better football team. Stop it.

Advertisement

That's my hunch.

I'm not even that bullish on FSU. Who is their QB? Their team strength is their offensive line and by this time everyone knows it's the Dalvin Cook show. Houston exposed them and i'm sure our defense will play better next season. The over/under in my book in 9.5 wins and I fully expect 10. If we don't win 10 games with Brad Kaaya staying upright i'll be disappointed.

That's my hunch.

That doesn't mean the team will win every game outside of those two. The talent difference isn't big enough where you can guaranteed wins vs unc or vt and etc.

I'm not buying it. We are as good talent-wise as Houston. People blow like flags in the wind and can't evaluate what's in front of them. We have enough. If we play together we should win the costal with the current state of the conference. We are returning one of the better QBs in CFB and a o-line with experience and better coaching. Not to mention the "Kool" or Diaz factor on defense. Just on scheme, coaching, competition, youth and play-calling we should be a much better football team. Stop it.

I think you guys agree...

Advertisement
Back