The state of the OL

I'm kind of curious why you keep coming back if you hate the Canes so much.
Fans like you confuse me. This guy doesn't hate the Canes. He's been posting on this site for ages. He didn't say anything that suggests he hates the Canes. To the contrary, he said he thinks the head coach is the issue. Presumably, that means he likes the Canes, just doesn't have confidence in the Coach. We've been through failed coach after failed coach for ages now, and there are always fans who confuse coach and team like you have, and think fans are supposed to be loyal to the head coach rather than the team. Those fans have been wrong over and over.

You don't have to agree with him about Manny, but no need to confuse the point.

Advertisement
Fans like you confuse me. This guy doesn't hate the Canes. He's been posting on this site for ages. He didn't say anything that suggests he hates the Canes. To the contrary, he said he thinks the head coach is the issue. Presumably, that means he likes the Canes, just doesn't have confidence in the Coach. We've been through failed coach after failed coach for ages now, and there are always fans who confuse coach and team like you have, and think fans are supposed to be loyal to the head coach rather than the team. Those fans have been wrong over and over.

You don't have to agree with him about Manny, but no need to confuse the point.

Overall I agree but he goes far beyond Manny.... also throws shade at Lashlee, the LBs, Patke, Feely, the WR room, The OL, Harley, Cam, calling the entire coaching staff trash, etc. like who is left at this point?

Overall its just a lot of negativity and the amount of "6-7" redundant posts or constantly beating the same drum is where it becomes dumb and irrelevant. We all have concerns about the team, its a message board, both sides can have valid points, you also have criticism of the team but it is usually still worthwhile discussion which is different than what he does if that makes sense. THOSE posters confuse me where they add nothing probative to a discussion, just negative criticism.

Overall I agree but he goes far beyond Manny.... also throws shade at Lashlee, the LBs, Patke, Feely, the WR room, The OL, Harley, Cam, calling the entire coaching staff trash, etc. like who is left at this point?

Overall its just a lot of negativity and the amount of "6-7" redundant posts or constantly beating the same drum is where it becomes dumb and irrelevant. We all have concerns about the team, its a message board, both sides can have valid points, you also have criticism of the team but it is usually still worthwhile discussion which is different than what he does if that makes sense. THOSE posters confuse me where they add nothing probative to a discussion, just negative criticism.
Bro I’m not in the shade throwing business I say what the FUQ I mean

Lashlee is the OC that lead the ACC in WR drops, poor 3rd down conversions.

Run up the middle 1st and 2nd then fail to convert 3rd and long. Y’all fell in love with dude just cause he ain’t Dan Enos

Run up the middle 1st and 2nd then fail to convert 3rd and long. Y’all fell in love with dude just cause he ain’t Dan Enos
Some powerful insight sinister! Let me ask, do you have any optimism regarding this upcoming season, whether it be offense, defense etc?

Advertisement
Agreed D$. Think Donaldson and Rivers are going to play HUGE for this OL. Add in steady to excellent play by Zion and either Scaife or Williams we’re staring at one of the top OL’s in the ACC. Finally truly believe we’ll get some serious push from the G’s and getting into the 2nd level efficiently and effectively. First up is a massive test. We manage to hold our own in that game then that’s going to seriously life the confidence of the OL heading into the rest of the 2021 season.
Miami's entire season rests with the big meats up front.

You bring up a troubling, but accurate point.

Now, is that a coach(es) or athletes on field* problem?

I believe 90%+ of Miami's O failures can be directly traced to poor OL. As a result, same. percent of Miami's D failures can be traced to no consistent and sustained O staying on the field.

*A coaches problem as well because they recruited them...

Ok and if what you "mean" is throwing shade, wtf is the difference.

Also did you really just say Lashee is the OC that lead the ACC in WR drops? So like you have an OC, who calls the perfect play, play is executed, ball hits WR in the hands, WR drops it, and now the OC leads the ACC in drops? Like honestly how does that make sense to you?

Does Lash have faults? Yes. Who would you prefer as an OC though? We actually converted over 40% on third down, up from 25% the year before, dude had no spring or fall ball to install a new system, we averaged more than 100 yards per game as oppose to last year, 12 more points per game, and went from one of the WORST offenses in the country to around a top 30 offense.

Run up the middle 1st and 2nd then fail on third is what Enos and before him Richt did. So if both those two did it, why did the numbers magically increase with Lash?

Advertisement
I come here to discuss the direction of the program so I come here to discuss with other mOpers
monty python GIF

Advertisement
I expect us to punt well??????

My boy Sin ain’t falling for the okie doke no more. They gon have to show and prove on the field if you want to see optimism.

I pump sunshine every offseason, but it’s up to the coaches to get these guys ready. One thing bout Sin. If Manny come out with big nuts and has us playing well, he will give props.

Lashlee is who he is and we made significant strides from where we were with Enos (that's not saying much I know) but that year 2 jump should be fun to watch. See what he did at SMU in year 2 as a point of reference.

The interior OL is the key turning those inside runs into 3-5 yards at a time instead of a 1 yard loss or no gain.

Lashlee is who he is and we made significant strides from where we were with Enos (that's not saying much I know) but that year 2 jump should be fun to watch. See what he did at SMU in year 2 as a point of reference.

The interior OL is the key turning those inside runs into 3-5 yards at a time instead of a 1 yard loss or no gain.
A healthy Donaldson will go a long way with our inside run game. He has always been a people mover.

Advertisement
A healthy Donaldson will go a long way with our inside run game. He has always been a people mover.

Him and Rivers are 2 big bodies inside which should help negate Gaynor's inability to move anyone. I'm cautiously optimistic that at the very least we'll be improved from last year in that aspect but this offense won't be firing on all cylinders until we have that run inside run game to open up everything else.

My boy Sin ain’t falling for the okie doke no more. They gon have to show and prove on the field if you want to see optimism.

I pump sunshine every offseason, but it’s up to the coaches to get these guys ready. One thing bout Sin. If Manny come out with big nuts and has us playing well, he will give props.
I'm on the record for giving Manny props if we're playing well:

Blocking, catching and LB performance/tackling has to improve

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back