The stadium heat (and a PSA)

I just pictured someone sitting in their car drinking and sweating while everyone else is tailgating and I had a good laugh
We showed up late. Drank 4 on the drive down. Crushed another three sitting in AC and eating my Cuban and one for the walk to the stadium from yeller lot. It’s a doozy.

Advertisement
To follow up on this…. do not leave corked bourbon in your hot car for too long… two friends brought some bottles to a meeting and left them in the trunk while golfing..

Tops popped on two of the bottles. Luckily all were stored upright and no juice was lost.

Lesson. Learned.

🥃

2000 FSU was crazy hot.

Coldest one was 2003 @ Pitt. In the 30's with a cold cold wind off the rivers...

To follow up on this…. do not leave corked bourbon in your hot car for too long… two friends brought some bottles to a meeting and left them in the trunk while golfing..

Tops popped on two of the bottles. Luckily all were stored upright and no juice was lost.

Lesson. Learned.

🥃
Could have been a disaster

This is more valuable than the OP tbh

Advertisement
Appreciate the sentiment but you’re in Miami in August/September. What are you expecting?

Lesson. Learned.

🥃
I posted without reading the thread. This is all that needs to be said

Advertisement
Everyone complaining about the heat imagine wearing pads and playing football in this heat think about it next time you wanna boo your own team I work outside I didnt think it was that hot just sitting there

Seen lots of comments but thought it deserved its own thread call out. The heat yesterday at the stadium, specifically the parking lot, was brutal. Someone here claimed it was one of the hottest days ever at Hard Rock and I believe it. Personally saw a lot of students and younger crews get wrecked by not bringing enough water, proceeding to drink, get burned af etc. I got asked if had extra water more than once from some desperate souls.

Given the hype around the program, it’s a pretty good assumption that a lot of fans haven’t been to a game in awhile (or at all) and I think some aggressive PSAs from the program and stadium are in order for the next home games. My personal PSA looks something like.

1. The concrete, cars, and time spent in the tailgating areas will make it feel even hotter than your app tells you it will be. Be prepared. Once in the parking lot, your options are limited.

2. Water. It can be gotten in the stadium for $5 but always bring your own especially if you are tailgating awhile. Be responsible for your own water supply, do not trust friends or others to bring enough for themselves and you. Personally verify there is enough water for your entire group + some extra before getting to the stadium. This can make or break a good time and plain safety.

3. Ice. Similarly, be responsible for your own ice in a cooler. Pack your water in there first and then whatever else with what room you have left. Cold drinks and ice cubes on the skin can dramatically help avert heat exhaustion.

4. Sun protection. Put on sunscreen prior to arriving, especially face and neck, and keep putting it on through out. Hat is a must. Light long sleeves recommended.

5. Drink responsibly. A heat factor like yesterday means insane dehydration, which means you can not drink as much as you can normally handle and just be fine. You should be drinking a 1:1 ratio of water to alcoholic beverages to make sure you stay in top shape through out the game day experience.

Also, I felt particularly bad for the student section who got out of the oven of a parking lot only to have to bake in the sun some more. We need those guys to get loud af behind the opponent’s sideline, but that’s not gonna happen if their throats are as dry as the Sahara. In addition to aggressive PSAs, the program/stadium should be supplying the student section with free hats and water, as well as patrolling the parking lot with cold water availability. How you do anything is how you do everything.

Go Canes

Amen to this. It was scorching. We tailgated on the east side and it wasn't too bad with the breeze on the perimeter, but my gf went to a tailgate on the west side and said there was almost no breeze at all. Also the tailgates closest to the stadium got far less breeze then the ones on the ends. Other X factor was grills. I and the 4 tents around us all had grills going, which on the asphalt were straight space heaters.

When I got to the student section, I was one of those poor SOB's stuck in the sun and it really, really sucked. When I went to buy water, it was 5 **** dollars for a 12oz water bottle and the concessions guy said he couldn't give me a lid because they didn't want students throwing them on the field. What BS.

Advertisement
imagine thinking the sun causes cancer LMAO
1662341256816.gif

Advertisement
My GF is an Oncology resident at Miller. Can confirm, this dude either has a brain tumor and/or rode the short bus.
your GF is being brainfed wrong information.

humans have been on earth for hundreds of thousaunds of years (w/e you beleive), and now all of a suden you need sunscreen to be in the sun LOL.

just like you vaxxcells got 4 shots and a booster or else you'll die of covid.

Agreed at one point some young Ladies that BCC students passed out and we gave them some water. Felt so bad that so many of those kids come to a game without no water.

Advertisement
Back