The smear campaign

bbcane

Senior
Will it work? Is there history of a programs fans sabotaging its own program and recruiting, and it resulting in head coach fired? What happens in 4 yr when we have a new coach, and the senior class is non-existent?

The thread title should be the truth smear campaign.

Last edited:
Advertisement
How should fans express their displeasure about the state of the football program?

Don't know. But seems like. "Cutting off the nose to spite the face" is an expression used to describe a needlessly self-destructive over-reaction to a problem: "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face" is a warning against acting out of pique, or against pursuing revenge in a way that would damage oneself more than the object of one's anger.[1]

Will it work? Is there history of a programs fans sabotaging its own program and recruiting, and it resulting in head coach fired? What happens in 4 yr when we have a new coach, and the senior class is non-existent?

Four years of a terrible product on the field is what is sabotaging the program and recruiting, period.

Last edited:

Smear and sabotage are fluff and inaccurate. Florida Texas and Michigan to answer your question.

Advertisement

Smear and sabotage are fluff and inaccurate. Florida Texas and Michigan to answer your question.

Maybe I missed it did not see Florida do anything we are doing banners, tweet recruits to go elsewhere. The others I don't follow at all closely. But I highly doubt they're actually tweeting recruits not to come to their schools.

Hey i look at it like this if we have to lose a recruiting class to save this program well so be it we will recover but WE MUST and i mean MUST make a strong stand by senting a message to these administrators that we are tired of the lies and selling of false dreams and hope and then for them to turn around after doing all of that and stick thier hand out and ask for money are you Kidding Me WTF out of here you talking about hurting the program WHAT program its already hurt man.

Social pressure and social performance reinforce each other. Greater social pressure can result in better social performance. In other words, firms step up responsible behavior in response to pressure. Nike became an industry leader in promoting better working conditions in apparel and footwear factories in Asia and elsewhere after activists made the company a prominent target in the 1990s. Starting around 2005, Wal-Mart responded to critics by adopting more progressive employee, community, and environmental practices, including recent initiatives to cut energy use and require eco-responsibility among its suppliers.

Stanford good enough for ya?

http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/faculty...onomics-politics-corporate-social-performance

What the fans are doing will force change. It's only a matter of time.

How should fans express their displeasure about the state of the football program?

Don't know. But seems like. "Cutting off the nose to spite the face" is an expression used to describe a needlessly self-destructive over-reaction to a problem: "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face" is a warning against acting out of pique, or against pursuing revenge in a way that would damage oneself more than the object of one's anger.[1]

What are you talking about, withholding my financial and emotional support of the school is actually going to benefit me.

Advertisement

The sooner Al is gone, the earlier the new guy can start re-assembling the 2016 class. if Al makes it all the way to the finish line of the 2015 season, all those guys may have gone the way of Jordan Scarlett.

What all this probably guarantees is that when Golden fails next year and the new president starts evaluating he/she is gonna find the entire football operation to be wanting. It will probably be scorched earth over there at the Hecht. The whole football side will be toxic. Just gonna have to clean it all out and start fresh. Which is fine with me. Those capable will get other jobs or maybe keep their current ones. Those who aren't will pay for their ineptitude.

Four years of a terrible product on the field is what is sabotaging the program and recruiting, period.

I said it in another thread, either these posts are agenda driven or people are really stupid enough to believe that our crawl to the finish line leading up to NSD is because of fan negativity. We fell apart in 2013, we fell apart in 2014. At least in 2013 there was a legit 'Cloud', but not last year nor this year. So what happens? We make up more excuses. Does anybody really think that if the fan base wasn't ****ed off and negative, recruiting would be on the upswing?

Advertisement
four years of a bad program? you been asleep? how about a decade....

LOL! The Golden slurpers will blame Golden's whiff at recruiting this year on the fans. What about last year? 0-4 on elite S Fl RBs.

EVERYONE knew that if Golden was still here, this class would self destruct.

Got to make sure that Al is shown the door 2 years to late but better than 2020, make him turn in his resignation if we have to

Advertisement
OP, Michigan Fans took to dang near rioting in front of the AD's office and had national media attention. Us complaining is not nearly as toxic as going 0-4 down the stretch w/ no changes made. Going from 9-4 to 6-7 w/ more talent is the problem, not the fans. Recruiting press corners to play strictly zone is the problem. Recruiting Speed Rushers to teach them edge control is the problem. Not sacking the qb is the problem. Slowing down our offense to make sure your defensive philosophy works, is the problem. Apparently, blaming wind, rain, and night games don't sit to well w/ some people either. We are not the problem, this infrastructure is the problem.

Advertisement
Back