The Show Joseph Yearby Some Love Thread

If this is the guy that we have to settle for, I guess I will be pretty happy. I guess having one of the best RBs in the history of dade county is alright

Advertisement
Yearby is a beast. I hadn't seen his video when he committed to FSU and wasn't disappointed since at the time I figured we'd get Sony and possibly flip Cook. But after he flipped and I checked out his video... loved what I saw. I frankly don't see a big diff between him and Sony. Granted this is just based off their jr high lights and nothing else, since I've never seen either in person.

Yearby is going to tear it up at UM with or without Sony/Cook there. Guy is probably the happiest RB in the country with the OL we have committed. He knows with those big boys in front of him he won't have to worry about contact until he's deep into the secondary.

remember kids, Stephan Morris was a 3 star recruit and he is doing better than Kyle Wright 5 Star #1 QB in the country.

Sony if not Miami will go to UGA, but we STOLE Yearby from FSU and that in-itself is awesome!

183.gif

I see one big difference Post. It's speed. Yearby has good lateral agility and burst but his top speed is not on the level of Cook or Sony. Both of these runners are a threat to house it every time they touch it. Yearby seems to be more of the type that will churn out yards and be very good in between the tackles. Not the explosive outside runner who is going to consistently get u chunk yardage/not get chased down in the open field. Honestly ....Yearby is the better compliment to Duke but when Duke leaves it would be nice to have some one in the same mold.

Advertisement
I see one big difference Post. It's speed. Yearby has good lateral agility and burst but his top speed is not on the level of Cook or Sony. Both of these runners are a threat to house it every time they touch it. Yearby seems to be more of the type that will churn out yards and be very good in between the tackles. Not the explosive outside runner who is going to consistently get u chunk yardage/not get chased down in the open field. Honestly ....Yearby is the better compliment to Duke but when Duke leaves it would be nice to have some one in the same mold.

Imo he is a home run threat.

Just my opinion. I have never seen him play live. Gauging as much as I can from clips he is not pulling away from defenders at the same rate of a Cook. I like Yearby....he is very shifty and runs with very good balance however I don't see the same speed I see when I watch Cook or Sony. Some who have seen him play agree with my assessment. In the end...I am happy Yearby is a Cane and can't wait to see him on the field. Seems like a hard working...dedicated young man who isn't with the bullchit. We need more players with his attitude.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back