The Sh*t is about to hit the fan for the NCAA

Are you talking about accepting of illegals or immigrants? Those two are not the same. My wife's parents came to this country legally and were considered immigrants to the U.S. Those that don't come here legally, or over stay their visas, don't deserve to be lumped into the immigrant category with all those that do it legally. Why we allow illegals to take center stage over those that do it legally is beyond my comprehension. True immigrants are pushed further back while places like California continue to roll out the tax payer red carpet for those that have cheated the system.

Not all immigrants are illegals, but all illegals are immigrants.

Advertisement
with the highest income disparity, poverty rate, and sales taxes in the country, all while they're also drowning in debt and literal human *****. the economic prosperity is there for elites and tech giants while the middle class continues to suffer. california is a ****hole.

It's only a schithole for the poor. It is easily top 3 places to live in the country if you have a decent job.

It's only a schithole for the poor. It is easily top 3 places to live in the country if you have a decent job.

Agreed

I love Cali...it's like a multi-climate Florida without the rain & mosquitos; with mountains, deserts and lots more jobs

But almost ANY place is great ....IF you have $$$

Last edited:
The schools aren't going to be paying out a dime. The market will determine how much a player gets paid. This is going to pass in California.

Wouldn't introducing money change college sports to something almost unrecognizable? Most schools wouldn't be able to afford paying players across all sports and fund non revenue generating sports like they do now. So we'd go from 119 schools in CFB to something much smaller, including losing P5 schools. If there's no salary cap, only the richest will thrive, if there is a salary cap, bags will still be a determining factor for top-tier recruits because they wouldn't be paid their true market value. If the NCAA does an about-face and starts heavily policing bags, sure you'd end up with parity, but then a team being located in a fertile recruiting ground completely loses its advantage. And at that point you'll just end up with NFL Lite.
Don't understand your penultimate sentence. Heavy policing of bags would remove what bag schools used to overcome built-in advantage of fertile home territory, such as we enjoy in South Florida. Without SEC bagging, foreign Invaders would not be able to come into our home territory to plunder and pillage our finest at will. In ancient Europe, the heathens plundered the women; now the marauding savages of 'Loosa and Athens carry away our finest young men (sounds like the Invaders have a thing for young men...who knows what that really means?)

Advertisement
Agreed

I love Cali...it's like a multi-temperature region Florida with mountains, deserts and lots more jobs

Almost ANY place is great ....IF you have $$$
Yeah...and I guess you can plant a nice garden in the naturally fertilized streets of San Francisco....instead of trying to hose the homeless' **** away, maybe the city should just haul in some topsoil, mix it with the ****, and start plotting out tracts for the community gardens.

Yeah...and I guess you can plant a nice garden in the naturally fertilized streets of San Francisco....instead of trying to hose the homeless' **** away, maybe the city should just haul in some topsoil, mix it with the ****, and start plotting out tracts for the community gardens.

Matador. SMH🙄

Seems you've been going to ALL the wrong places in San Francisco..... and that takes some skill and effort.

Can't speak for others but me and everyone I know who have actually been there ALWAYS had a great time.

Great food (the BEST Chinese and Italian and west coast seafood), great shopping (a must visit for the wife every year) and the vista is to die for.

Sorry you had a bad time...but usually when that happens people work hard to make it happen ....especially in a city with so many better options.

Not all immigrants are illegals, but all illegals are immigrants.

Actually illegals are not immigrants. By law you can’t be an immigrant if you are unlawfully present in the United States. And there in lies the problem, people like you can’t seem to separate those here legally and those here illegally. You guys absolutely **** on true immigrants and divert all your attention and resources to those who broke, and continually break the law. Weird

Another thread that has lost its way and has turned into a discussion on immigrants. Cis posters will never disappoint you when all the “experts” debate a subject. If this OT crap continues after 8/24.....

Advertisement
Actually illegals are not immigrants. By law you can’t be an immigrant if you are unlawfully present in the United States. And there in lies the problem, people like you can’t seem to separate those here legally and those here illegally. You guys absolutely **** on true immigrants and divert all your attention and resources to those who broke, and continually break the law. Weird

According to Webster. Immigrant: a person who comes to a country to take up permanent residence.

Sounds like an Illegal immigrant fits that definition.

You can play around with the words all you want. Call them aliens, illegals, whatever. At the end of the day they are immigrants.

According to Webster. Immigrant: a person who comes to a country to take up permanent residence.

Sounds like an Illegal immigrant fits that definition.

You can play around with the words all you want. Call them aliens, illegals, whatever. At the end of the day they are immigrants.

No they aren’t. There’s no playing around with the words. They are just people illegally present in a country they don’t belong in. Go study the laws dummy.

That definition applies to those who go through the legal process, not those who lie, steal and cheat their way into the country.

Another thread that has lost its way and has turned into a discussion on immigrants. Cis posters will never disappoint you when all the “experts” debate a subject. If this OT crap continues after 8/24.....

You'll what???

This is NOT YOUR board?

A Simple Reminder/Hint:

1. No one is forced to read any thread.
  2. Don't like a particular thread, move on and don't read it, or start one of your own ...if you're capable of doing so.
  3. When you see OT on a thread .....and you don't like OT threads...DON"T READ THEM

Last edited:
Matador. SMH🙄

Seems you've been going to ALL the wrong places in San Francisco..... and that takes some skill and effort.

Can't speak for others but me and everyone I know who have actually been there ALWAYS had a great time.

Great food (the BEST Chinese and Italian and west coast seafood), great shopping (a must visit for the wife every year) and the vista is to die for.

Sorry you had a bad time...but usually when that happens people work hard to make it happen ....especially in a city with so many better options.
Not a lot of places to go according to the San Francisco **** map...
289835EE-1451-4D98-B643-9B22377FE9CC.jpeg

Advertisement
You'll what???
View attachment 90089

This is NOT YOUR board?

A Simple Reminder/Hint:

1. No one is forced to read any thread.
  2. Don't like a particular thread, move on and don't read it, or start one of your own ...if you're capable of doing so.
  3. When you see OT on a thread .....and you don't like OT threads...DON"T READ THEM
You may find out after 8/24 what I mean. Think Amazon, Facebook, Apple, Google and many other equities I own as well as a sizable investment in several very rewarding ETFs.

Emmert: "The bill threatens to alter materially the principles of intercollegiate athletics and create local differences that would make it impossible to host fair national championships."

And that's the real problem.

Emmert knows that letting athletes benefit from their own name would give kids in BIG MARKETS such as California and South Florida a major advantage, and would ***** the SEC.

**** Mark Emmert and his corrupt *** SEC cronies.

You may find out after 8/24 what I mean. Think Amazon, Facebook, Apple, Google and many other equities I own as well as a sizable investment in several very rewarding ETFs.

:oops: :oops:

Seriously....and I would say this to any BAT**** crazy human being.......Get some help.

Get your Donkey down voting *** checked out by professionals :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

Last edited:
Advertisement
The problem with no cap, is it just goes right back to where we are now with the schools with the biggest spending boosters signing every good player. Boosters will use "endorsement money" to just buy every player. I mean if the goal is transparency and a level playing field, this would solve nothing.

According to the article, the schools wouldn’t be allowed to pay student-athletes. What would change is the kids could receive compensation from outside sources - like sponsors for example.

So the school still couldn't pay you, but you could be on a Wheaties box and make money that way.

It would be great for Miami and USC, because being in a big city would expose kids to a lot more media and endorsement opportunities.

No they aren’t. There’s no playing around with the words. They are just people illegally present in a country they don’t belong in. Go study the laws dummy.

That definition applies to those who go through the legal process, not those who lie, steal and cheat their way into the country.

An immigrant is someone that comes to live in a foreign country. This the accepted definition all over the world. Knowing the laws doesn't have anything to do with this. Obviously, everybody knows that aliens are not legally in this country, but they still fit under the definition of immigrants.

No matter how you want to twist it they are immigrants. Just illegal ones.

As long as you come to a country to live there you are an immigrant. It doesn't matter if you cheat, steal, or lie your way into the country.

Words don't change meaning just because they offend you. We are not going to change a definition that dates back centuries just because you don't like the definition of the word.

Do illegals try to come live in a foreign country? Yes, they do. That means they are IMMIGRANTS.

Are you talking about accepting of illegals or immigrants? Those two are not the same. My wife's parents came to this country legally and were considered immigrants to the U.S. Those that don't come here legally, or over stay their visas, don't deserve to be lumped into the immigrant category with all those that do it legally. Why we allow illegals to take center stage over those that do it legally is beyond my comprehension. True immigrants are pushed further back while places like California continue to roll out the tax payer red carpet for those that have cheated the system.

I’m going to assume Florida has “illegals, like NY, and Chicago....**** most of our bigger metro cities have individuals who are trying to escape some sort of oppression to have a better life.......kinda sounds familiar to how this country was established. Pretty sure once upon a time ppl’s forefathers were considered illegals to a country that was inhabited by Native Americans.

Advertisement
Back