Rumor The Rumor Fail Mega Thread

Advertisement
Completely unfair if Bama gets in, but I think they put them in. TCU is a one loss team that went to over time against a top ten team. Bama has two losses that now look pretty bad, but the SEC bias will probably prevail.

I think TCU would still get in with one loss.

U know what; the CFP committee is getting a lot of pressure about Bama getting in w/ 2 losses. A lot of pundits r vouching for TCU to get in, & there’s a mad twitter debate about this now.

If they keep TCU in over Bama, it will be due to protecting their image & “integrity.”

U know what; the CFP committee is getting a lot of pressure about Bama getting in w/ 2 losses. A lot of pundits r vouching for TCU to get in, & there’s a mad twitter debate about this now.

If they keep TCU in over Bama, it will be due to protecting their image & “integrity.”
In past years bama had a strong argument because of their resume, but this year they simply lack the top notch wins. Zero top 15 wins and on top of that, a 2 loss team has never made the playoffs. Bama's loss to lsu looks even worse now

Advertisement
In past years bama had a strong argument because of their resume, but this year they simply lack the top notch wins. Zero top 15 wins and on top of that, a 2 loss team has never made the playoffs
This.

Earlier today I thought for sure Bama was in. But now I’ve changed my mind. I don’t see any way they can possibly get in.

(Which means the committee will probably put them in…)

In past years bama had a strong argument because of their resume, but this year they simply lack the top notch wins. Zero top 15 wins and on top of that, a 2 loss team has never made the playoffs

Correct, & yet I’m also hearing this new narrative that Bama beat 2 of 3 top 25 teams on the road, one top 25 at home, & their 2 losses came to two, top 10 teams on the road by a combined 4 points. Lol.

Correct, & yet I’m also hearing this new narrative that Bama beat 2 of 3 top 25 teams on the road, one top 25 at home, & their 2 losses came to two, top 10 teams on the road by a combined 4 points. Lol.
Of course.

And their best win is over a 4 loss Texas team that they scraped by after cheapshotting Ewers out of the game early.

But, but, eye test, bro!

Advertisement
Of course.

And their best win is over a 4 loss Texas team that they scraped by after cheapshotting Ewers out of the game early.

But, but, eye test, bro!
And TCU beat that same common opponent Texas on the road by a larger margin. TCU is a lock.. the only question is do they stay at 3, which I think they will

I don't think they give a fuggalugga.

Not a chance- first- TCU doesn’t play in a conf with divisions currently- and winning the Coastal should carry almost no weight in determine anything past the
Why wouldn’t it? The big 12 and ND were criticized for not having that extra “data point” by the committee but now you’re not rewarding them for playing an extra game? In this situation, tcu already has one more win than osu and two more than bama. Why wouldn’t that matter even though they lost the game today? Everyone only seems to want to talk about losses though

not division winners then but Whoever plays in an extra championship game. You shouldn’t be able to sit at home and back in on championship weekend in a 4 team playoff, especially not this year

Advertisement
Michael Scott No GIF

See, the thing is, we’re all looking at this rationally by saying TCU deserves to be in but they don’t look at it the same way we do. The only thing that has EVER mattered to these people is money. The committee is looking at draw power, ticket sales, hype, publicity, buzz, etc. and TCU simply doesn’t carry the same cache. I hope I’m wrong because I have Bama burnout syndrome like everyone else, but let’s just say I’m skeptical they will do the right thing.

I'll say it again. There is no scenario where the top 4 teams aren't UGA, UM, TCU and tOSU. None. Zero. Zilch.

Now, I believe TCU will fall to #4 and tOSU will rise to #3 in order to setup a huge rematch between UM and tOSU. However, I could also see TCU staying at #3, which is how it should be.

Advertisement
I'll say it again. There is no scenario where the top 4 teams aren't UGA, UM, TCU and tOSU. None. Zero. Zilch.

Now, I believe TCU will fall to #4 and tOSU will rise to #3 in order to setup a huge rematch between UM and tOSU. However, I could also see TCU staying at #3, which is how it should be.

Bama would be -14.5 vs TCU. Minimum.
Common opponent is at Texas and TCU gave up 3 points offensively and won by a wider margin than bama did.

Bama being favored is because they're bama... but they weren't good this year. Could've lost 5 times and never beat a top team. A&M who is dogsh!t was an inch away from beating bama on the final play. Lsu isn't good either. Any other year there would be an argument but not this year

Advertisement
Back