The real story

• Thread starter Deleted member 25719
  • Start date
King by himself, was still not enough to make a difference against good teams. And we're only 8-2 because we played an all crappy ACC schedule. The two competent teams we played smoked us.
We lost a bunch of games to those crappy teams last year. So progress was made. If one perceives the season realistically. You're right we got crushed by 2 teams and it sucks but it's not a complete disaster. Gotta walk before you run.

Advertisement
If everything that was posted here last December/January is true, not all of the BOT feel like this. They just didn’t have enough power last year to make it happen. Manny won’t be fired after an 8-2 season but his seat will be pretty hot when it all implodes next season unless by some miracle King decides to come back.
Whatever. Two decades of self inflicted failure are enough. If the beat we got is that not every single trustee is equally invested in failure, then tell me why that matters when the majority sure have been.

So what does this all mean in terms of real change in the future? My recollection of last year was those wanting Alonzo to come in didn't have enough support at that time to make it happen. Has anything changed? Do you see this going further next time?
There was support but if you know Alonzo Highsmith he is a no nonsense guy who needed certain demands met so he had the opportunity to do what he felt necessary to get the program headed in the right direction. The parties were close but in the end things changed and Alonzo said see ya! That ship has sailed and don’t see 32 ever revisiting the idea. Sadly there were some pieces of the puzzle being put together that would have given UM some building blocks to a better future.We are a mid level program with a bad AD, terrible staff and minor league football ops department. As I said before I’m quite aware of Ohio State and their operation, have a nephew high up in their athletic department. They are a machine. Their AD is respected throughout the country, their staff is top shelf, **** Urban is an adviser! Then look at what the **** is going on in coral gables. I wish they would have given Alonzo a shot, I think he could have made massive improvements given a chance to implement his ideas. Too late now and this Is a 5 alarm fire.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was support but if you know Alonzo Highsmith he is a no nonsense guy who needed certain demands met so he had the opportunity to do what he felt necessary to get the program headed in the right direction. The parties were close but in the end things changed and Alonzo said see ya! That ship has sailed and don’t see 32 ever revisiting the idea. Sadly there were some pieces of the puzzle being put together that would have given UM some building blocks to a better future. We have a We are a mid level program with a bad AD, terrible staff and minor league football ops department. As I said before I’m quite aware of Ohio State and their operation, have a nephew high up in their athletic department. They are a machine. Their AD is respected throughout the country, their staff is top shelf, **** Urban is an adviser! Then look at what the **** is going on in coral gables. I wish they would have given Alonzo a shot, I think he could have made massive improvements given a chance to implement his ideas. Too late now and this Is a 5 alarm fire.
The problem is they'd never let someone come in to UM who could improve the show. They want mediocrity. And no one good would come in under these circumstances. Ed Reed is a figurehead.

UM needs a new President and new BOT and new AD before it will have a shot at a legit football program.

Advertisement
The problem is they'd never let someone come in to UM who could improve the show. They want mediocrity. And no one good would come in under these circumstances. Ed Reed is a figurehead.

UM needs a new President and new BOT and new AD before it will have a shot at a legit football program.

There is no one presently on this board that will see this happen in their lifetime.

But it was before the illuminating thread... Miami isn’t Ohio State... stunning truths

What if someone told us we never were...
I would say their event horizon was too narrow. Before Butch left, Ohio State (or Bama for that matter) wasn't Miami.

And saying the game has changed since then is for losers. There are some things that will never change.

The question is "What does Miami want to be".

Advertisement
you’re saying everyone here gone die soon? president and AD will change. BOTs rotate out over time. Takes a few new people who have priorities that align.
LOL Wasn't thinking that, but for all those other events to happen will take time. And then you're assuming all those new people will be interested/committed to building a winning football program.

The Highsmith hiring would have been the one event to circumvent all the above situations and give the program the best chance to return to greatness in a reasonable time frame.

King by himself, was still not enough to make a difference against good teams. And we're only 8-2 because we played an all crappy ACC schedule. The two competent teams we played smoked us.
True, but the issue in the Clemson and UNC games was defense, first and foremost. King played poorly against Clemson, yes, but wasn’t the key reason for the blowout. King played well enough versus UNC but had little help.

True, but the issue in the Clemson and UNC games was defense, first and foremost. King played poorly against Clemson, yes, but wasn’t the key reason for the blowout. King played well enough versus UNC but had little help.
The OL played like **** in both games though.

Advertisement
I love Gino and Zo but the real solution to our problems probably will never fall in just finding the "right" former players to run everything. I'd also like some real evidence that Botch was running some sort of super organized operation that permeated all the way up through the program through Paul Dee and beyond.

All the best programs have great leadership at the top, beginning with the President, AD and BoT. Even if they keep Manny and allow him to overhaul his defense, there is no doubt in my mind that Blake James should be terminated.

This is the unfortunate reality of our situation and hopefully yesterday opened everyone's eyes and we can stop deluding ourselves with TuRnOvEr ChAiN 8-2 tHoUgH bRo!

This whole ******* thing goes far beyond firing some lame *** coaches. Why? So we can replace Blake baker with the bartender?? So we can fire Manny next year and Blake James puts maybe 3 more hours of effort than his previous attempt and hires Charlie Strong?? There isn't a single person above them that can identify what a qualified coach at the university of Miami SHOULD look like.
I agree, but obviously us fans know what to do ... so why can't the administration. I think this is the level of mediocrity the administration wants.

Advertisement
Can you see Miami, a program always under the NCAA microscope, hiring Art Briles?

Big difference between recruiting violations and harboring a hostile work environment. It wasn’t just Briles it was the entire university that covered it up.

Larger point being that Liberty had the balls to hire Freeze and now possibly Briles bc they wanna win more than this school does.

Big difference between recruiting violations and harboring a hostile work environment. It wasn’t just Briles it was the entire university that covered it up.

Larger point being that Liberty had the balls to hire Freeze and now possibly Briles bc they wanna win more than this school does.
True, but they are understandably more risk averse than the average school.

Advertisement
Back