The Race to 300

I said in another thread, Top 5 was relatively unrealistic given how UGA, A&M, Texas, Bama, OSU and USC were recruiting (not to mention ND's bump class and a slew of traditional competitors)....and I have to say....holy **** am I glad to eat crow here. Top 10 sounded divine...but what Mario is doing, I don't think ANY of us expected this so soon.

We're fuggin. Top 5 is very realistic, especially considering this class might be pushing into the high 20's - 30 range.
Top 3 is very realistic, maybe even no. 1.

Advertisement
In a Wiltfong piece from today on a race to the #1 class, he mentioned us as a "sneaky program" to watch in this race along with TAMU on top of obviously OSU, Texas, UGA, and Bama. It probably killed him to say that.

Last edited:
In a Wiltfong piece from today on a race to the #1 class, he mentioned us as a "sneaky program" to watch in this race along with TAMU on top of obviously Texas, UGA, and Bama. It probably killed him to say that.

Weird take if he left out OSU btw. I would make them a slight favorite right now.

Advertisement
Same here. I thought we finish between 7th-10th. As of right now though, top 5 seems like likely if we can get somewhere around 28 total recruits.

Gladly eating crow if it plays out this way.
I'm with you on the 7 - 10 original class prediction. I'm going to stick between 7 & 8 and hope that I am so wrong.

In a Wiltfong piece from today on a race to the #1 class, he mentioned us as a "sneaky program" to watch in this race along with TAMU on top of obviously OSU, Texas, UGA, and Bama. It probably killed him to say that.
Saw that. I thought the same.

Advertisement
milky way star GIF by #sazanimation

Elite status in Mario’s first full year with what looks like a top 5 class is waking up College pundits everywhere. I see National shows on youtube where ya never saw any. It no doubt sends shockwaves all across the college map. What is especially fun to watch are all these pundits that remember Miami saying this is what Miami looked like back in the day.

The scary thing is we may even look better than those days of Howard, Jimmy and Butch.👍❤️🦍

Advertisement
Advertisement
Getting Popo's commitment gets us to 243.47.

Now up to #7 overall, and really only 1 decent recruit from jumping up to #5, leapfrogging Tennessee and Penn State.

Next up in scheduled commits (someone could always pop between now and then, this is just recruits who have officially scheduled commitments) is Jayden Bonsu, on 7/20. His commitment would get us over 251, with only 15 commitments. Insanity.

July 23rd is setting up to be a HUGE day as well. Malik Bryant, Joenel Aguero, and Payton Kirkland all committing.

Add all 3 of those, and we're sitting at 278.83 on the composite. Remember, the best class we signed on paper in the last 20 years is 2018. That class ended up with 280 points on 23 signees. So we're essentially already at the best class of the past 2 decades, with 5 fewer kids.

As I mentioned in the OP, and not to mush this, but I think 300 is a foregone conclusion at this point. How high can we get is the only question. What this man and his staff are doing right now is sheer insanity.

Now up to #7 overall, and really only 1 decent recruit from jumping up to #5, leapfrogging Tennessee and Penn State.

Next up in scheduled commits (someone could always pop between now and then, this is just recruits who have officially scheduled commitments) is Jayden Bonsu, on 7/20. His commitment would get us over 251, with only 15 commitments. Insanity.

July 23rd is setting up to be a HUGE day as well. Malik Bryant, Joenel Aguero, and Payton Kirkland all committing.

Add all 3 of those, and we're sitting at 278.83 on the composite. Remember, the best class we signed on paper in the last 20 years is 2018. That class ended up with 280 points on 23 signees. So we're essentially already at the best class of the past 2 decades, with 5 fewer kids.

As I mentioned in the OP, and not to mush this, but I think 300 is a foregone conclusion at this point. How high can we get is the only question. What this man and his staff are doing right now is sheer insanity.
We will challenge for #1. If July breaks our way it full court press on Hicks, Cormani, M'Pemba and Nyckoles. I'm confident on the OL. Not sure where we at with Hykeem, which is not sounding promising and Another CB. Brown been silent. Am weary of the So FL prospects at this time. Brown legacy 2. Said my piece about Bain elsewhere. We will see.

@lfoliva9988 295 or 300?

Advertisement
Back