The Race to 300

I like my recruiting score like @Paranos likes his women. Higher the better, baby.

Gotta love the enhanced golden ratio
phat_bottom_-57950.jpg

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bumping this thread. So many of the supposed insiders are acting like it’s over for guys on this staff, as if it’s **** near impossible to land elite players at certain positions. As if Mario is new to this kind of situation regarding recruiting at a high level and/or taking over a roster devoid of talent. It’s that time of the year where the late developers, or “under the radar S. FL 2-3 stars” threads start emerging. The excuses rear their ugly heads; for example, we’re struggling to recruit at WR, and yet apparently Williams, ****ey, and Keem are dead. **** maybe Jean too who knows, although UF not having a passing touchdown in 12 quarters apparently doesn’t matter.

Obviously, a top five class doesn’t emerge if we’re left signing the infamous south Florida sleeper.

Put me in the camp that the sky is not falling; 90% of this board expected a loss to A&M in some way shape or form, and that’s exactly what we got. However, it appears as if the excitement and hopium for a top five recruiting class has all but diminished considerably.

I still remember a certain poster (who I have the utmost respect for) telling me we will have a top three class, and I was skeptical.

I still hope he’s right, but long story short: how are we feeling overall? Anyone still think this is a top five class? There are glaring holes in this roster and yet, they haven’t been addressed in this recruiting class as of yet. We all know Mario runs a silent ship, and recruiting takes a backseat during the season…but the clock is ticking. If it’s so contingent on our final record, should we expect a flurry of decisions (either positive or negative) closer to November / December?

I’m bored and probably rambled a good bit, but I’m going to say it’s top 10 class when it’s all said and done.

Advertisement
You don't think much of Joseph and Washington?
As good as they can be, They should not highlight this WR class or we failed. We desperately need a taller, fast WR who can consistently win 1v1 battles and take over a game.

Love Ray Ray and Robby but they’re no ****ey, Williams, Innis.

I'm very worried about DB recruiting. I like the WR's we have committed, but we need a total overhaul at that position, so we still need more. A bit concerned about DT recruiting as well, but we have good depth there and this is a weak class.

Advertisement
Depends on position.

Defensive back and WR. I am absolutely worried about
Fair enough

Mario is gonna be here a long time. I’m not worried about what happens at those positions this year

Also I’m not saying we don’t have work to do

But being genuinely worried is different. I’m not worried.

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

I would never want to go to war with this CIS crew. The moment one platoon gets overrun, we would raise the white flag.

Advertisement
November is likely going to be something we have never seen in recruiting. I dont just mean Miami...I just mean in general. We will hear rumors of $$, promises, etc on a whole new scale. Teams will be well into their season and can sell from a need standpoint or being the next big guy.

But NIL is going to make some big boys start tossing some big money around if they start striking out on guys as the weeks go by and that early signing period approaches. Since its the first true early signing period with NIL I expect 1-2 teams to mess up the market like Tenn and USC did with QB's.

November is likely going to be something we have never seen in recruiting. I dont just mean Miami...I just mean in general. We will hear rumors of $$, promises, etc on a whole new scale. Teams will be well into their season and can sell from a need standpoint or being the next big guy.

But NIL is going to make some big boys start tossing some big money around if they start striking out on guys as the weeks go by and that early signing period approaches. Since its the first true early signing period with NIL I expect 1-2 teams to mess up the market like Tenn and USC did with QB's.
This is what I’ve been thinking as well

Should be wild

Advertisement
We tried that approach this season and failed. We whiffed on all the top portal targets. Ladson can't do anything, and Young gets zero PT.

Well, we need to get proven impact receivers, we’ve done it in the past with Osborne and Rambo, and we need to do it again. We can’t expect true freshman to come in and contribute immediately, but can expect that with proven portal receivers

Well, we need to get proven impact receivers, we’ve done it in the past with Osborne and Rambo, and we need to do it again. We can’t expect true freshman to come in and contribute immediately, but can expect that with proven portal receivers
The problem with the portal is that the big dogs don’t care about feelings.
Saban and Kirby will sit any 5 star down if an Addison or Gibbs comes on the scene.
This attitude of depending on the portal is starting to get to the level of “sofla next year’s elite class” that we never end up landing.

There is a recurring theme here and Mario knows it and may or may not have known the level of commitment that the front runners have for local elite players. Either he’s playing possum or we’re gonna end up striking out.

The thing that is haunting us the most keeps raising its ugly head.
The complete strike out and poor evaluations at elite south Florida skill positions can not be understated.

How many sofla skill position draft picks have not been either recruited by or not landed by UM coaches in the last 6 years?
That fact alone could not be more obvious during the tamu Game.

Their elite speed on defense erased our entire receiving corps.
A receiving corps that should’ve been stocked with sofla players with legit draft potential and elite speed.

We get Ladsen and UsC gets Addison.
That’s not how you do it.

Advertisement
Back