The question Manny needs to be asked

The fans are not entitled to fully open practices. However, fans do provide revenue by purchasing tickets, stadium food and drinks, team apparel, and cable television.

Asking for open practices equivalent to the norm is a simple request.

Advertisement
Get to preview what you're buying season tickets for? Are you kidding with this?

So if you watch practices and don't like what you see... you're going to choose to not support the team that season.

Not only is this a whole different level of stupid, I don't think you know what entitlement is.

I never said I wouldn’t buy tickets but it’s not entitlement to want to see what I’m spending money on. It’s not entitlement to want the team to have events for the fans.

So working in the opposite direction they can put zero effort into a spring game, cut Canes fest, close practices and never let us near the team, but they are entitled to my money?

Stop being so sensitive. All OP is asking for is for the coaches and admin to show some love to the fans that pay to see them. That’s not entitlement

I see both points of view, but what I am hopeful for is that we have a coach and staff we can trust to make the best decisions, NOW...

...among other issues THEN, the QB workouts were a real source of mystery in many ways: who was excelling, issues like refusing to throw on-purpose practice interceptions, snaps versus the 2's or 3's, etc.

If we see performance on game day, a lot of this "preview wanting" should dissipate.

Advertisement
Did the Japanese go and sit down and have dinner with Pearl Harbor before they bombed ‘em?

Who gives a **** if the average fan can’t see practice. As long as recruits, HS coaches and family have some access Is perfectly fine with me. Enjoy your 1 mom clips of practice and get over it

I'm reading good points from both sides of the spectrum. I say open to the public with provisions
What provisions? Season ticket holders? Could you imagine the idiocy that this board alone would come up with? “Why is player x leading drills b4 player Y”. There literally no point or advantage in having practice open to the public. The spring game is enough.

“Coach, will practice be open?”

Of all the things Richt did that ate me up, it was keeping Golden’s authoritarian approach to practice intact. I know it makes them feel safer, I know it makes defensive coordinators forget how to watch film and OCs have to coach with a sleep mask on game day, but it really, REALLY ****es off the most obsessive passionate fans of the program.

El Jefe, please, for the love of all that celebrates the game and your team let the fans have full access to practice, or close to it.
this got every kind of reaction but a fart LOL

Advertisement

Of all the things Richt did that ate me up, it was keeping Golden’s authoritarian approach to practice intact. I know it makes them feel safer, I know it makes defensive coordinators forget how to watch film and OCs have to coach with a sleep mask on game day, but it really, REALLY ****es off the most obsessive passionate fans of the program.

El Jefe, please, for the love of all that celebrates the game and your team let the fans have full access to practice, or close to it.

Do any of the top 20 coaches/teams have open practices? Serious question

Do any of the top 20 coaches/teams have open practices? Serious question

Michigan and Bama are closed. USC and Clemson have certain weeks that are open and varied variability thereafter. ND has various days that are open.

Just about every school had a more relaxed policy than we had last year. Remember we’ve not had a spring game for two years, and last year we had no open scrimmages at all. If manny just opened scrimmages it would make a huge difference. Heck if he opened 1-2 in spring and 1-2 in fall it would be significant.

Advertisement
Almost every school has closed practices now.

A short media availability then closing the rest is what Richt did and Saban, Kirby, Riley, etc all do.

its not 1987 or even 2001 anymore. Schools may allow a select few open practices, but what Richt did is just SOP now

I always figured Al and Mark closed practice because they would be embarrassed when nobody showed to spy.

Some want practices to be so open, they demand a 24/7 live feed of team colonoscopies.

Super fans want the deepest information possible. They want an immersive experience.

Advertisement
Butch and Coker had open practices the first week of fall camp and most of Spring. Butch closed them after the first fall scrimmage, Larry closed them roughly same time frame but opened them to some occasions. Randy had open practices in fall camp, I have about a thousand pics.

The thing about open practices is the eyes dont lie. I knew we were in for some rough times about 2 years into Larry's era, the talent fell off a cliff. Randy same thing. Life got busy so I couldnt attend anyway after that, but with social media and pics instantly flying everywhere, I'd be paranoid as all get out if I was a coach.

The first week of fall should be open. About half of spring and of course the spring game should be an open event.

What provisions? Season ticket holders? Could you imagine the idiocy that this board alone would come up with? “Why is player x leading drills b4 player Y”. There literally no point or advantage in having practice open to the public. The spring game is enough.
There's no disadvantage to having open practices. Diaz is instilling accountability in the team, why not allow the public to hold him and his coaching staff accountable in the way they develop and manage their respective groups

Clearly not in the top 1000 issues for coach to worry about

Advertisement
Back