The question Manny needs to be asked

IndayArtHauz

Knoxville Baby Maker
Administrator
“Coach, will practice be open?”

Of all the things Richt did that ate me up, it was keeping Golden’s authoritarian approach to practice intact. I know it makes them feel safer, I know it makes defensive coordinators forget how to watch film and OCs have to coach with a sleep mask on game day, but it really, REALLY ****es off the most obsessive passionate fans of the program.

El Jefe, please, for the love of all that celebrates the game and your team let the fans have full access to practice, or close to it.

Advertisement
He should have it like Pete Carroll had USC on the 2000s (minus NCAA sanctions) the "showtime" vibe would work in Miami IMO.

“Coach, will practice be open?”

Of all the things Richt did that ate me up, it was keeping Golden’s authoritarian approach to practice intact. I know it makes them feel safer, I know it makes defensive coordinators forget how to watch film and OCs have to coach with a sleep mask on game day, but it really, REALLY ****es off the most obsessive passionate fans of the program.

El Jefe, please, for the love of all that celebrates the game and your team let the fans have full access to practice, or close to it.
Why do fans feel entitled to have access to practice when they have nothing better to do? How do you work with some one peering over your shoulder and do most capitalists want to expose their planning process and contents to the world?

I don't mind the closed practices if it means you're actually cooking up some creative, innovative stuff. Richt's closed practices were pointless since the entire stadium and opposing team knew what boring *** plays he was going to call.

Advertisement
Why do fans feel entitled to have access to practice when they have nothing better to do? How do you work with some one peering over your shoulder and do most capitalists want to expose their planning process and contents to the world?
You mean like every NFL practice is? How most college practices are?

Why is wanting something entitlement?

Having more open practices would also seem to vibe with Diaz's whole accountability theme? If you practice soft, people are going to know about it. Coaches, too, can be called to task for poor showings. I wouldn't want visitors to be allowed to record/film practices, so it should be policed, but watching won't do much harm and may inspire people to show up stronger than they otherwise might without an audience.

He should have it like Pete Carroll had USC on the 2000s (minus NCAA sanctions) the "showtime" vibe would work in Miami IMO.

Exactly what I was thinking. We need to be a cool program again. Have it open, crack some jokes, have some celebs come through every now and then to check us out. Make us a featured program, again.

Advertisement
It doesn’t need to be open or closed all the time.Theres things you work on that ANY team can get off film so leave the thing open.
If you’re putting a new system in or putting in some other special stuff close it down.

But if the NFL teams can open practice to the public ain’t no reason a college team can’t

I don't mind the closed practices if it means you're actually cooking up some creative, innovative stuff. Richt's closed practices were pointless since the entire stadium and opposing team knew what boring *** plays he was going to call.

Old buddy closed practices and the guys calling the game along w/ the fans were calling out plays before they were even ran. lol. TOP SECRET stuff he was doing. lol.

Advertisement
Exactly what I was thinking. We need to be a cool program again. Have it open, crack some jokes, have some celebs come through every now and then to check us out. Make us a featured program, again.
Freeze pops for everyone in the stands?

Almost every school has closed practices now.

A short media availability then closing the rest is what Richt did and Saban, Kirby, Riley, etc all do.

its not 1987 or even 2001 anymore. Schools may allow a select few open practices, but what Richt did is just SOP now

Advertisement
So do you think Leonides of Sparta and his 300 want the Persians to preview their defensive game plan?

Closed practices to run mirrored vertical routes from the shotgun on ever 3rd and long. And for all those HB dives. Sigh.

It's entitlement because you have no reason to have it and you don't deserve it. It's potentially detrimental to the team to satisfy YOUR needs.

It's the definition of entitlement.

Ah yes, God forbid we get to preview what we’re buying season tickets for. Why should the team do anything for the fans? Shut down spring games, Cane fest, any practice access, and raise ticket prices!

If you argue with this, your entitled *sarcasm font*

Advertisement
Back