The protests threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT topics should be an all or nothing thing. We are not good enough at football to just talk about that here, and leaving the door open for anything else will never go smoothly in a fanbase with the conditions a school like U of M, in a city like Miami, in a state like Florida is going to produce. The best case outcome otherwise is the mods intentionally or unintentionally steering this board's agenda.

Advertisement
I am multi-racial and this tragedy has spun out away from the killing to create all kinds of off shoot agendas.
I saw today where gun sales are up 80% in the last month and most are first time buyers in places like LA, Chicago.
Also in cities like NYC, LA, etc. many medium and lower income people of all races have been leaving those areas and moving elsewhere primarily the south as the disparity between wealth is biggest in those cities.
To open a hotdog cart in NYC the fee for permits and licenses is 3 to 4 k. Taxes keep rising and wages are the same. In Detroit over 50% of the street lights in some areas do not work and a 9-11 call can take up to 25-30 minutes.
These are just a few things and it is not only conservatives as most big cities are liberal and they have failed the people in most instances as they view minorities as a tool for "promises" to get them elected. If you keep on doing the same old thing you are going to get the same old results.
Look at the carnage in Chicago where a whole generation of minority youths are going to be lost and in Baltimore where so many minorities do not even graduate with a high school diploma. A third party needs to form if possible to attract the moderate types from both parties.

Reactions: stb
Advertisement
I've been deleting them. Don't blame any other mods. It's me.

I struggled with doing it because this is such a critical issue, but ultimately it came down to this: there's a reason I got rid of the off-topic board years ago. This board is just not designed for that type of discussion. It inevitably degenerates into a cesspool. If anyone visits the current WestEndZone, they will understand what I'm talking about.

Like everyone else, I have views on the topic and am not afraid to share them. I believe blacks have been oppressed for over 400 years, and that it continues today. I believe George Floyd was the victim of a race-related murder. I believe the #AllLivesMatter movement is meaningless at best, racist at worst. I believe it is hypocrital to celebrate the Canes for embracing black culture and then ignore black suffering. I believe police unions and public unions in general are a huge problem. I believe white Marxists have highjacked the protests and used it as an excuse to loot Hot Topic. I believe the media has disgraced itself for the past three months. I believe that despite all of these issues, we still live on the greatest country on Earth by a mile.

I'm happy to go back and forth with anyone on PM about these issues because they are important. I just don't want this board to resemble the worst parts of Facebook or Twitter.

Generally love your posts, but don't think you can delete other protest posts then use this post as a way to share all of your views. Very hypocritical. Also don't think you should create a divide by saying all that you said. I won't get into the details, it's fairly obvious.

Look at the carnage in Chicago where a whole generation of minority youths are going to be lost and in Baltimore where so many minorities do not even graduate with a high school diploma. A third party needs to form if possible to attract the moderate types from both parties.
Friend...think EU coalitions...think Italy's conveyor belt government Post WWII.

Multiple US parties would drive even more gridlock and insanity.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This has been going on for a week. Hopefully everyone interested has provided their input by now.
I haven't....busy with work, plus when events like this occur, I find it best to let things settle for a few days before discussing as emotions are very at the beginning...

No worries. I don't post personal feelings on any internet or social media site as I could be negatively impacted in the role I serve professionally. I asked for all since you shared your thoughts...

Go Canes ~ all players except for the ones that stink and don't belong at UM....:)

Well, my boss keeps wanting to have "a conversation" about race even though she is white, all my coworkers are white and I'm the only ethnic minority in an organization of 60 people. She mentioned that she was almost in tears trying to explain racism to her 6 year old. Jeezus. Seems to me that white people are seeing this as great opportunity to virtue signal and/or loot, and that racial justice is just trendy today. This forum has been a nice respite from the inescapable sanctimony coming from a complicit media and craven politicians. But since I can't escape it here either, I'll brighten your day with a keen observation.

I'll not sure if you all are aware, but it turns out George Floyd was also a hardcore **** star. He starred in an "episode" of the Habib Show. Wouldnt it be an ironic tragedy if there was a scene where the chick he was running a train on said "I can't breathe" as she was choking on his *******? (Note: I haven't seen the video yet so I can't confirm or deny if this happens)

And before you get all sanctimonious on me- no, I'm not trying to make it sound like Floyd was a bad guy. To me, **** stars are national treasures and inspirational, and their deaths are especially hard on me. I know I can never be Michael Jordan, but I can still aspire to be Peter North. He has given me a goal to shoot for.

Advertisement
I've been deleting them. Don't blame any other mods. It's me.

I struggled with doing it because this is such a critical issue, but ultimately it came down to this: there's a reason I got rid of the off-topic board years ago. This board is just not designed for that type of discussion. It inevitably degenerates into a cesspool. If anyone visits the current WestEndZone, they will understand what I'm talking about.

Like everyone else, I have views on the topic and am not afraid to share them. I believe blacks have been oppressed for over 400 years, and that it continues today. I believe George Floyd was the victim of a race-related murder. I believe the #AllLivesMatter movement is meaningless at best, racist at worst. I believe it is hypocrital to celebrate the Canes for embracing black culture and then ignore black suffering. I believe police unions and public unions in general are a huge problem. I believe white Marxists have highjacked the protests and used it as an excuse to loot Hot Topic. I believe the media has disgraced itself for the past three months. I believe that despite all of these issues, we still live on the greatest country on Earth by a mile.

I'm happy to go back and forth with anyone on PM about these issues because they are important. I just don't want this board to resemble the worst parts of Facebook or Twitter.

I know this thread is closed, but I want everyone to know that I also share Danny's thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back