The Problem with the Convicts/Catholics Moniker

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the first things he did is make sure Flint MI got 100 million to fix their contaminated water problem in a majority black city.

LOL...try again, comrade:

President Barack Obama [has] signed a bill authorizing water projects across the country, including $170 million to address lead in the drinking water in Flint, Michigan, and $558 million to provide relief to drought-stricken California.

Obama said the bill advances vital projects across the country to restore watersheds, improve flood control and rebuild water infrastructure — including pipes in Flint, where residents have struggled with lead-tainted water for more than two years.

Advertisement
Convict on a cross next to Christ was first person in Heaven. I'm Catholic and the Faith is clear that God loves His forgotten ones. Plus, in the this time of Trump, we are the closest thing to him. His sits at the top of the mountain and seems to enjoy all the hate. I'm good with that.

What the **** is this gibberish?? Why do people feel the need to inject politics and religion into every thread?? And now the two seem to be one and the same. Get that **** out of here!

The same reason why racists have to bring race into many threads. It sucks! You think by bashing other races things get better? I pray some of you dumb ******* people don't drag your children into this BS or we'll have another generation of racist **** ups.

Last edited by a moderator:
Victims, victims, everywhere and not a crime to find.

The identity politics is strong with these two.
[MENTION=13418]Gator[/MENTION]hatar and [MENTION=15989]Earnest T. Bass[/MENTION] have jumped the shark...right into “ignore user” bin.

right? so many posts lately whining about everything. when did miami fans get so **** soft?

There's a world of difference regarding being soft and being smart. Smart always wins! It's not soft to correct something that assures destruction. I don't think any of our current crop of players are soft because they conduct themselves in a manner that society will accept...do you? If tough means constantly being in the cross-hairs of the NCAA and by extension the ACC, which based on our past even the slightest infraction could lead to the killing of the program, then you've got me...I'm soft!

PGC29685.jpg

Who cares? I love the Catholics vs Convicts moniker.

It tells me that deep down they are, and always will be, scared ****less of Miami (both the city and the football team).

You guys always talk about wanting to get back to the glory days of winning ships and having the Us Against the World mentality. But then when the world's against you (like this week), you sit and overanalyze it to death.

Would you rather they respect us?

The media, pollsters, and committee disrespected us last week by putting us at 10. Our players talked about it every day.

So what'd we go out and do as a result? Dominated a 7-1 VT team with the nation's #2 scoring D, and won the coastal division for the first time since joining the ACC. (yes I realize it's still mathematically possible for UVA to still win it)

I don't ever want to be respected by the media. That's when Miami, historically speaking, gets complacent.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I LIVE, LOVE AND EMBRACE EVERY WHISPER OF A RETURN TO OUR OLD SKOOL / BAD BOY IMAGE AND IDENTITY...ONLY BECAUSE IT WAS JUST THAT....OUR IDENTITY!!...BUT MY QUESTION IS SIMPLE....WHAT HAS OUR IDENTITY BEEN OVER THE LAST 10-15 YEARS? HAS THAT CHARMIN SOFT / SOCIALLY CORRECT / CHIOR BOY IMAGE CRAMMED DOWN THE THROATS OF OUR COACHES AND PLAYERS BY PREVIOUS ADMINS SPAWNED ANY SUCESS DURING THOSE YEARS?!! **** NO!!! THE PROOF IS STARING US RIGHT IN OUR FACE....COLLEGE FOOTBALL LOVED AND LOVES TO HATE US BECAUSE OF IT...OUR SUCESS AND IDENTITY FUELS THEIR HATE JUST AS MUCH AS IT FUELS OUR FIRE...AND THAT'S WHY WE'RE HATED...END OF STORY

STR8UP, IT WOULDN'T BOTHER ME IN THE LEAST IF WE PLAYED A FEW GAMES IN SOME OF THOSE DCC (DADE CO CORRECTION) ORANGE JUMPSUITS...ONLY BECAUSE WHOEVER THE **** WE LINED UP AGAINST THAT DAY KNEW EXACTLY WHAT THE **** WAS COMIN' DOWN THE PIPE....SO DOES NOTRE DAME...SLEDGE HAMMER & TURNOVER CHAIN, INCLUDED

View attachment 53643

The bad boy image plays right into the hands of the media, NCAA, University Presidents, parents and others. Those who we compete against would love for the "U" to revert back to the bad boy days or as Notre Dame has portrayed us for years... "convict days".

Now, if your goal is to go out in flames of glory, then by all means crank-up the music and show the world we are "convicts". Now, you're going to have to be very fast, because the instant you open that door the NCAA's Mark Emmert and his henchmen will sprint through it, give you a big wet kiss, while waving the death penalty documents over their heads .

Those who believe that today's environment is similar to the environment we operated in during our domination of college football must still have stacks of disco albums that they play daily and a mullet for a haircut. Life goes on and you better keep up!

That label was “NOT” created and hung on Miami as a term of endearment.

When has the word "convict" ever been used as a term of endearment? I don't think you're breaking any news here, Big Ern.

My first thought also. LOL.

See post #21 above...I hope that helps you understand what I posted and why. I will be conducting a remedial comprehension class for the learning disabled...I am giving you a complimentary pass to attend.

I'm not saying this to pick a fight with you. I have even upvoted posts of yours despite our rough start. That said, can you please stop making derogatory remarks with "learning disabled" as the punchline? A reading comprehension insult is better form. No reason to bring in handicapped stuff. Thanks.

One of the first things he did is make sure Flint MI got 100 million to fix their contaminated water problem in a majority black city.

President Barack Obama [has] signed a bill authorizing water projects across the country, including $170 million to address lead in the drinking water in Flint, Michigan, and $558 million to provide relief to drought-stricken California.

Obama said the bill advances vital projects across the country to restore watersheds, improve flood control and rebuild water infrastructure — including pipes in Flint, where residents have struggled with lead-tainted water for more than two years.

While they were suffering he didn't do one thing about it for almost 3 years you dumb ****. Trump got it done, Obama didn't! That was oked in Dec 2016 So Obama did nothing for 2 years while they suffered and did nothing to distribute it for almost another entire year and still didn't get it done. But he did have Time to give Iran a ***ing terrorist country 1.7 billion of our tax dollars. Wake up! http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-iran-payment-cash-20160907-snap-story.html Try again my *** comrad!

I LIVE, LOVE AND EMBRACE EVERY WHISPER OF A RETURN TO OUR OLD SKOOL / BAD BOY IMAGE AND IDENTITY...ONLY BECAUSE IT WAS JUST THAT....OUR IDENTITY!!...BUT MY QUESTION IS SIMPLE....WHAT HAS OUR IDENTITY BEEN OVER THE LAST 10-15 YEARS? HAS THAT CHARMIN SOFT / SOCIALLY CORRECT / CHIOR BOY IMAGE CRAMMED DOWN THE THROATS OF OUR COACHES AND PLAYERS BY PREVIOUS ADMINS SPAWNED ANY SUCESS DURING THOSE YEARS?!! **** NO!!! THE PROOF IS STARING US RIGHT IN OUR FACE....COLLEGE FOOTBALL LOVED AND LOVES TO HATE US BECAUSE OF IT...OUR SUCESS AND IDENTITY FUELS THEIR HATE JUST AS MUCH AS IT FUELS OUR FIRE...AND THAT'S WHY WE'RE HATED...END OF STORY

STR8UP, IT WOULDN'T BOTHER ME IN THE LEAST IF WE PLAYED A FEW GAMES IN SOME OF THOSE DCC (DADE CO CORRECTION) ORANGE JUMPSUITS...ONLY BECAUSE WHOEVER THE **** WE LINED UP AGAINST THAT DAY KNEW EXACTLY WHAT THE **** WAS COMIN' DOWN THE PIPE....SO DOES NOTRE DAME...SLEDGE HAMMER & TURNOVER CHAIN, INCLUDED

View attachment 53643

Do you have permission from JJax Bro to use all CAPS?

Advertisement
Victims, victims, everywhere and not a crime to find.

The identity politics is strong with these two.
[MENTION=13418]Gator[/MENTION]hatar and [MENTION=15989]Earnest T. Bass[/MENTION] have jumped the shark...right into “ignore user” bin.

right? so many posts lately whining about everything. when did miami fans get so **** soft?

There's a world of difference regarding being soft and being smart. Smart always wins! It's not soft to correct something that assures destruction. I don't think any of our current crop of players are soft because they conduct themselves in a manner that society will accept...do you? If tough means constantly being in the cross-hairs of the NCAA and by extension the ACC, which based on our past even the slightest infraction could lead to the killing of the program, then you've got me...I'm soft!

View attachment 53644

Maybe my comments are still circulating around in your head...please allow me to slightly revise my words, there's a world of difference between being soft and...stupid!

The following may be images of you and/or your friends:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD_Gp083b2U

Convict on a cross next to Christ was first person in Heaven. I'm Catholic and the Faith is clear that God loves His forgotten ones. Plus, in the this time of Trump, we are the closest thing to him. His sits at the top of the mountain and seems to enjoy all the hate. I'm good with that.

We are nothing like Trump.

Poor poor comparison

Now if miami were comprised of spoiled millionaire children with small hands who dodged any and all attempts at taking responsibility, dodged serving, lied 99.9% of the time, were not athletic, had no loyalty to anyone (including country) then maybe the comparison would make some sense

https://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/2015/7/23/alien-crime-wave-in-texas-611234-crimes-2993-murders/ Liberals wake the **** up!

So im a liberal because I dislike a stupid narcissistic mentally ill "president"? and to dislike this mentally ill "president" I also have to be a supporter of another crooked politician (i.e., Clinton) ....OK bud what ever makes you feel better about supporting a crazy man. cognitive dissonance is very real

Poor poor comparison

Now if miami were comprised of spoiled millionaire children with small hands who dodged any and all attempts at taking responsibility, dodged serving, lied 99.9% of the time, were not athletic, had no loyalty to anyone (including country) then maybe the comparison would make some sense

Yea, cause them Dems are so honorable rigging elections, conspiring w/ the Russians and murdering Seth Rich

if you think this is a dem vs rep issue then you have fallen for the banana in the tail pipe.

Poor poor comparison

I guess we are going to go here. Economy will hit 3% growth per year or more for the first year in 12 years since Trump got in. Unemployment rate lowest in 17 years.If those corrupt liberal politicians would pass a good tax bill we would probably go to5% and solve most of our deficit problems. Most of them are paid for puppets for the rich who want open borders so they don't have to pay the American worker what they deserve, but dopes like you aren't smart enough to see that.

Standing up to North Korea unlike the 4 pussies before him who let them get out of hand. One of the first things he did is make sure Flint MI got 100 million to fix their contaminated water problem in a majority black city. It started in 2014 where was the **** Obama on this one? But Trump is a racist. Instead Obama chose to order 221 million on his last day in office to Palestine, a terrorist state. WTF! The border is more secure than ever illegal immigration down 70% since Trump got in. Illegals cost the US tax payer over 130 billion per year wake up. I guess illegals killing and raping Americans just doesn't matter to you. Dump ****! Just in Texas alone! https://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams...-wave-in-texas-611234-crimes-2993-murders/Are you ******* brain dead? You want to keep going I'm fine with it, I could post the truth for days. Stop watching that liberal BS media including most of FAUX. Do your own homework, don't be a dumb **** all your life. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tQkZzG_T88

I have beach front property in nebraska for sale, $100 per acre. pm me for details. also, X men are real and so is batman and superman

Advertisement

What the **** is this gibberish?? Why do people feel the need to inject politics and religion into every thread?? And now the two seem to be one and the same. Get that **** out of here!

The same reason why racists have to bring race into many threads. It sucks! You think by bashing other races things get better? I pray some of you dumb ******* people don't drag your children into this BS or we'll have another generation of racist **** ups.

look in mirror, and realize that you should not reproduce. if you have already had children, give them up for adoption and go jump off a bridge. the partisan "all behind trump fan club", "rep's vs. dem's" crowd is as destructive to this nation as any other ideological extreme. wake the *** up and realize we are getting torn apart from the inside out. be a real american and stand up for america, dont support some white supremacist who is tearing this country apart with his childish narcissistic tantrums and who cant jack himself off because his hands are too small.

While they were suffering he didn't do one thing about it for almost 3 years you dumb ****. Trump got it done, Obama didn't! That was oked in Dec 2016 So Obama did nothing for 2 years while they suffered and did nothing to distribute it for almost another entire year and still didn't get it done. But he did have Time to give Iran a ***ing terrorist country 1.7 billion of our tax dollars. Wake up! http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-iran-payment-cash-20160907-snap-story.html Try again my *** comrad!

Vlad, read it again. BO signed off on $170M, 45 only gave em' $100M...45 shortchanged em'.

Advertisement

View attachment 53643

Do you have permission from JJax Bro to use all CAPS?

BITING MY STYLE BRO LOL THERE'S ONLY ONE ME.

That label was “NOT” created and hung on Miami as a term of endearment.

When has the word "convict" ever been used as a term of endearment? I don't think you're breaking any news here, Big Ern.

My first thought also. LOL.

See post #21 above...I hope that helps you understand what I posted and why. I will be conducting a remedial comprehension class for the learning disabled...I am giving you a complimentary pass to attend.

I'm not saying this to pick a fight with you. I have even upvoted posts of yours despite our rough start. That said, can you please stop making derogatory remarks with "learning disabled" as the punchline? A reading comprehension insult is better form. No reason to bring in handicapped stuff. Thanks.

I agree with you and apologize! There is no place for the "learning disabled" comment and I am embarrassed/disappointed in myself. Be well!

I understand your point, but, unfortunately very, very few will make the biblical connection that you reference. When 99% of the world encounters the use of the word "convict" they walk away with a highly negative view of the person, organization attached to that word.

True. But protecting true criminals at FSU and PSU didn't seem to hurt their recruiting. I remember a certain RB's momma saying she liked who Jimbo protected Rapist. Also, ND started that famous fight before that game up there -- press still blamed us. "They will hate you in My Name .." Christ made it abundantly clear that just being hated is not sinful. I am sure that a good Bible thump-er like Mark will be able to handle recruits' mothers. That said, I get what you are talking about

You are right! Yet, the two schools you mention are a part of the NCAA's, and over all college community, boys club. The Canes have always been looked at as the outsiders, renegades and malcontents thanks to the media (and, yes, we weren't exactly choir boys).

Had the Canes been associated with crimes similar to those of PSU our football program would have been given the death penalty 30 seconds after the news broke. Don't forget, that several hours after the Shapiro story broke, NCAA President Mark Emmert without being asked volunteered to the assembled press that the death penalty was on the table. Conversely, when the despicable PSU story broke they had to send out bloodhounds to get a comment out of Emmert who eventually said that the PSU situation was a police matter and did not fall under the NCAA's jurisdiction. What? Huh? Say that again?

They were above the law. We are not. Heck, if it were Canes doing that, just being a Cane fan would have been punishable for 5 years at Starke.

I think we should embrace it, we know we're not convicts but we know the rest of the country thinks we are all boat people, thugs and cocaine addled partiers. UM football has been sqeaky clean and cut for years and it hasn't helped. As long as Miami is a city of hispanics, eastern europeans, jews, blacks and immigrants, the "Real Americans" in the rest of the country will always view us as an "other".I've traveled around the U.S for work and the **** people say to me when they hear i'm from Miami is ridiculous.

That's how it's always been and that's how it always will be. I embrace it, I and many of my friends have used that chip on our shoulders to fuel ourselves into success and our greatest teams have always had an us against the world mentality.

I don't want anyone at the university of miami who is overly concerned about what the rest of the country thinks because they will always hate us. A UM player could cure cancer and they would still call him a thug next time the turnover chain came out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back