The Problem with the Convicts/Catholics Moniker

Status
Not open for further replies.
That label was “NOT” created and hung on Miami as a term of endearment.

When has the word "convict" ever been used as a term of endearment? I don't think you're breaking any news here, Big Ern.

Conveniently and absurdly, you are taking my use of the word out of context, Mr. Franchise. I made that comment because some are hoping that the "convict" label will be used this week, thus my effort to explain to them that it wasn't being used as a "term of endearment". Did I really have to explain that to you? Next, an explanation that the use of the term "**** head" is typically not considered a compliment.

Advertisement

When has the word "convict" ever been used as a term of endearment? I don't think you're breaking any news here, Big Ern.

Conveniently and absurdly, you are taking my use of the word out of context, Mr. Franchise. I made that comment because some are hoping that the "convict" label will be used this week, thus my effort to explain to them that it wasn't being used as a "term of endearment". Did I really have to explain that to you? Next, an explanation that the use of the term "**** head" is typically not considered a compliment.

It wasn't taken out of context:

"That label was “NOT” created and hung on Miami as a term of endearment. That term was born out of hate, some even contend racism, and it is designed to belittle the Canes football program by inferring that our kids are bad people (criminals) and our winning history is illegitimate."

You spent an entire paragraph explaining why the term convict is not a term of endearment. Of course it's not.

And what's with the quotes around "not"?

Overanalysis here.

Using convicts for Miami as well as thugs is as racist code as it gets. Period. End of story.

Yep.

If you're calling a bunch of 17-22 years old college kids "convicts, thugs, criminals ect." for no other reason than the logo on their helmet, it's some racist *** ****.

My first thought also. LOL.

See post #21 above...I hope that helps you understand what I posted and why. I will be conducting a remedial comprehension class for the learning disabled...I am giving you a complimentary pass to attend.

Advertisement
This is the one opponent for Miami the media has a free shot at the canes to call us convicts and with it all it implies and they get no heat for it.Is there any other team in America that would be insulted like this,**** no,only Miami has kids who can be insulted this way and nobody comes to their rescue.Now us fans we embrace it and their hate and hope the team feeds off it.

Bet we don't hear a word about the U's community service achievement this week.

You make an excellent point. Knowing the media is never going to trumpet the community service and good deeds our kids perform leaves it to our Athletic Department's (or university's) Marketing and Public Relations team to spread the good news.

Regrettably, over the many years our Marketing and Public Relations teams have not done a good job. Giving the Devil its due, look at Florida's marketing efforts. They are light years ahead of us in this area and it pays huge dividends in recruiting, raising funds, attracting top flight coaches and other aspects of the over all reputation of the University.

You have guys like Bear and Bruce Feldman who are UM alums who could easily mention this, but alas, nothing.

Advertisement

It wasn't taken out of context:

"That label was “NOT” created and hung on Miami as a term of endearment. That term was born out of hate, some even contend racism, and it is designed to belittle the Canes football program by inferring that our kids are bad people (criminals) and our winning history is illegitimate."

You spent an entire paragraph explaining why the term convict is not a term of endearment. Of course it's not.

And what's with the quotes around "not"?

Laughing...okay! As I have already suggested to other remedial readers on this thread...see post #21 above. Please tell me that you are not that deficient to not understand why I employed quotes around the capitalized word "NOT". Most importantly, you are focusing on if the word endearment deserved the treatment I gave it, yet you totally miss the whole point of the post. Why am I not surprised? Now sweetheart, go hate someone else or find another reason to blame your failings on others...by the way, the previous sentence does not rise to the level of "endearment" (quotes for emphasis).

Convict on a cross next to Christ was first person in Heaven. I'm Catholic and the Faith is clear that God loves His forgotten ones. Plus, in the this time of Trump, we are the closest thing to him. His sits at the top of the mountain and seems to enjoy all the hate. I'm good with that.

What the **** is this gibberish?? Why do people feel the need to inject politics and religion into every thread?? And now the two seem to be one and the same. Get that **** out of here!

Convict on a cross next to Christ was first person in Heaven. I'm Catholic and the Faith is clear that God loves His forgotten ones. Plus, in the this time of Trump, we are the closest thing to him. His sits at the top of the mountain and seems to enjoy all the hate. I'm good with that.

We are nothing like Trump.

Poor poor comparison

Now if miami were comprised of spoiled millionaire children with small hands who dodged any and all attempts at taking responsibility, dodged serving, lied 99.9% of the time, were not athletic, had no loyalty to anyone (including country) then maybe the comparison would make some sense

The only thing Trump and I have in common is we both think Ivanaka can get it.

Promoting racism hurts ND way more than Miami....Why any non-white student-athlete would go there is a mystery.

Advertisement
Victims, victims, everywhere and not a crime to find.

The identity politics is strong with these two.
[MENTION=13418]Gator[/MENTION]hatar and [MENTION=15989]Earnest T. Bass[/MENTION] have jumped the shark...right into “ignore user” bin.

right? so many posts lately whining about everything. when did miami fans get so **** soft?

I LIVE, LOVE AND EMBRACE EVERY WHISPER OF A RETURN TO OUR OLD SKOOL / BAD BOY IMAGE AND IDENTITY...ONLY BECAUSE IT WAS JUST THAT....OUR IDENTITY!!...BUT MY QUESTION IS SIMPLE....WHAT HAS OUR IDENTITY BEEN OVER THE LAST 10-15 YEARS? HAS THAT CHARMIN SOFT / SOCIALLY CORRECT / CHIOR BOY IMAGE CRAMMED DOWN THE THROATS OF OUR COACHES AND PLAYERS BY PREVIOUS ADMINS SPAWNED ANY SUCESS DURING THOSE YEARS?!! **** NO!!! THE PROOF IS STARING US RIGHT IN OUR FACE....COLLEGE FOOTBALL LOVED AND LOVES TO HATE US BECAUSE OF IT...OUR SUCESS AND IDENTITY FUELS THEIR HATE JUST AS MUCH AS IT FUELS OUR FIRE...AND THAT'S WHY WE'RE HATED...END OF STORY

STR8UP, IT WOULDN'T BOTHER ME IN THE LEAST IF WE PLAYED A FEW GAMES IN SOME OF THOSE DCC (DADE CO CORRECTION) ORANGE JUMPSUITS...ONLY BECAUSE WHOEVER THE **** WE LINED UP AGAINST THAT DAY KNEW EXACTLY WHAT THE **** WAS COMIN' DOWN THE PIPE....SO DOES NOTRE DAME...SLEDGE HAMMER & TURNOVER CHAIN, INCLUDED

Main-Jail-2.jpg

Last edited:

Poor poor comparison

Now if miami were comprised of spoiled millionaire children with small hands who dodged any and all attempts at taking responsibility, dodged serving, lied 99.9% of the time, were not athletic, had no loyalty to anyone (including country) then maybe the comparison would make some sense

Yea, cause them Dems are so honorable rigging elections, conspiring w/ the Russians and murdering Seth Rich

Advertisement

Poor poor comparison

I guess we are going to go here. Economy will hit 3% growth per year or more for the first year in 12 years since Trump got in. Unemployment rate lowest in 17 years.If those corrupt liberal politicians would pass a good tax bill we would probably go to5% and solve most of our deficit problems. Most of them are paid for puppets for the rich who want open borders so they don't have to pay the American worker what they deserve, but dopes like you aren't smart enough to see that.

Standing up to North Korea unlike the 4 pussies before him who let them get out of hand. One of the first things he did is make sure Flint MI got 100 million to fix their contaminated water problem in a majority black city. It started in 2014 where was the **** Obama on this one? But Trump is a racist. Instead Obama chose to order 221 million on his last day in office to Palestine, a terrorist state. WTF! The border is more secure than ever illegal immigration down 70% since Trump got in. Illegals cost the US tax payer over 130 billion per year wake up. I guess illegals killing and raping Americans just doesn't matter to you. Dump ****! Just in Texas alone! https://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams...-wave-in-texas-611234-crimes-2993-murders/Are you ******* brain dead? You want to keep going I'm fine with it, I could post the truth for days. Stop watching that liberal BS media including most of FAUX. Do your own homework, don't be a dumb **** all your life. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tQkZzG_T88

blah blah blah...get the paramedics on speed dial..wimbush isn’t making it out alive

Poor poor comparison

https://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/2015/7/23/alien-crime-wave-in-texas-611234-crimes-2993-murders/ Liberals wake the **** up!

Victims, victims, everywhere and not a crime to find.

The identity politics is strong with these two.
[MENTION=13418]Gator[/MENTION]hatar and [MENTION=15989]Earnest T. Bass[/MENTION] have jumped the shark...right into “ignore user” bin.

right? so many posts lately whining about everything. when did miami fans get so **** soft?

There's a world of difference regarding being soft and being smart. Smart always wins! It's not soft to correct something that assures destruction. I don't think any of our current crop of players are soft because they conduct themselves in a manner that society will accept...do you? If tough means constantly being in the cross-hairs of the NCAA and by extension the ACC, which based on our past even the slightest infraction could lead to the killing of the program, then you've got me...I'm soft!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back