The Patriots offense

They also were one of the first teams to spread teams out. What makes them so good is they change week to week based on opponents. Brady allows them to do this.
I remember when we Canes fans used to love to call Meyer’s offense a gimmick offense. Me included. I then remember Belichick praising it. I was then rut roh.

Advertisement
Roethlisberger is sixth in all time yardage. He is in third place behind Brady and Rodgers of active QB's. Maybe he's a sentimental favorite of mine and seemingly he's not yours... but you know how sports talk is... it's not science but mostly a lot of back-and-forth banter.
True. It’s all preference. But with the way the game is today more and more marginal QBS will be surpassing greats from yesteryears. All I’m saying is with AB, Bell, Bryant, Smith- schuster and that oline that has been among the leagues best for the Bens Tenure there, his teams have underachieved too much. And it always seems ppl point fingers to everybody else but Ben. Even when he does/says things that brings me to directly question his leadership. That’s just my opinion from a birds eye view. NO way that Steelers team should’ve missed the playoffs

Their defense aint nothing to right home about and have been for some time. Which is why i laugh at all this Belichek genius talk when his defense isnt all that.**** im a dolphins fan watch them more than most and im incredibly mad we likely hire abum coach from that defense as our hc. They win because of their offense and the strain Brady puts on the other team. They typically have a solid to Great Ol ..never below that and play low mistake football. But Brady seldom passes the ball down the field and checks down all game...so he doesnt even get hit much. Dude might play till he is 50 if he can throw 5 yd passes forever
Bellichecks Ds are always agmonst the best in points allowed. This year finishing 6th allowing 20 pts a game. In fact the last 5 years they’ve been top 10. Brady/pats have never won a SB when the D was not top 10 in that category. Belli also led 2 championship defenses with the Giants which ppl forget..with the NFL cap the way it is NE has maintained its self as a constant in this category. Brady has ALWAYS had a top 7 or better D in SB winning years

All I know is I hit both the Pats and Rams ML

E23A524B-32D3-4BC1-9710-5E71A2B8F3BD.gif

True. It’s all preference. But with the way the game is today more and more marginal QBS will be surpassing greats from yesteryears. All I’m saying is with AB, Bell, Bryant, Smith- schuster and that oline that has been among the leagues best for the Bens Tenure there, his teams have underachieved too much. And it always seems ppl point fingers to everybody else but Ben. Even when he does/says things that brings me to directly question his leadership. That’s just my opinion from a birds eye view. NO way that Steelers team should’ve missed the playoffs
Ok I hear you... but still they have been relevant and from my perspective they have played some kick *** games in the recent past. Hey I’m not too passionate about the nfl, and my favorite teams Dallas and Browns are not SBowl material either. I wish the ncaa football season was longer cause it’s a long off season. Plus Canes hoops is pathetic this year, and tv coverage sucks.

Advertisement
They morph every week
They attack the D weakness
Brady could throw 50 passes one wee w 4 wide and white
Or
They go heavy and hammer it

The beautiful thing w NE love em or hate em you NEVER know what they will do week to week

Professional‼️

I formation with a fullback.

All you spread loverer...does Bill B know what he's doing? Or is he behind the times with his playbook.

It's called execution.

When you have a big time OL, you can do whatever you want. Like they say, it's not the X's and O's, it's the Jimmy's and Joe's!

Advertisement
Pats fan here (Don't kill me). The Patriots offense changes from week to week so its hard to pigeon hole it to pro-style or I-formation or whatever... Since Gordon took his leave they've been running heavy formations and controlling the clock because thats what they decide going into that individual week would give them the best chance to win. Having Brady as the co-offensive coordinator on the field to make checkdowns is the key to everything, its not something that any college team/coach could ever hope to implement successfully.

Next week against the Rams, who have Donald and Suh as their DTs I could easily see them spreading things out.

Pats have the best hc,oc,qb,and te.but unlike other teams the pats are the best team at adapting to whatever the other team is doing.especially during a game no other team is better at making adjustments and attacking the other teams weaknesses.

Advertisement
1. They run a ton of spread concepts
2. NFL and college are different games for a number of reasons

I guess lining up in an I at a certain point in the game makes you an I formation team. LOL I would describe their offense as multiple using a variety of formations depending on down and distance and defensive alignment.

This post anda bunch of its responses are dumb. 1st, what's made the Pats, under Bill B, so great is the lack of identity. You can't call the pats a power pro or spread team because they draft multi talented players so they can be "gameplan" specific.

If physical I formation is your weakness you'll see the pats in 11 and 12 personnel. If your weakness is spread you'll see the pats in 5 wide. The pats aren't strictly any type of offense. They're whatever they think can kick your *** that week.

Furthermore, stfu about the Pats Oline. Half of you couldn't name 3 Patriots lineman without Google. Bill often takes late rounders and has been free agents to round out his online. Let's not act like they're a bunch of all pros.

The biggest factor in his oline success is the playcalling. Specifically, Mcdaniels. Josh is one of the best playcallerd in NFL history. If Josh wouldve left for the Colts then Tom wouldve retired because his success and health relies heavily on Josh mcdaniels.

My little league coach used to always say, "I don't care how fast and strong you are, son. If you don't know the plays you can't see my field"

A thinking defender is a useless defender and Josh is a hypnotist when it comes to making a defense think. Oline looks great because the defense is thinking instead of reacting.

Y'all really need to learn how to place blame/credit properly.

Advertisement
So why didn't his offense work on the Browns...FACT.

Cleveland's General Manager at the time, Ernie Accorsi, told Belichick, "You didn't ***** it up. You had no shot.''

Art Modell never liked Belichick and foolishly fired the man because he was not smart enough to see his football genius and concentrated on his personality that was anything but kiss ***, and like many NFL owners head coaches massaging owners egos is a must.

Modell believed Belichick' s personality and dower demeanor might negatively impact season ticket and suite sales, thus a significant component in his staggeringly stupid decision to fire the man.

Without question Belichick made personnel mistakes while at Cleveland, Andre Rison being one example.

Belichick was/is blessed with an owner in New England (Robert Kraft) who focuses on the process and the associated results, which allowed Belichick to demonstrate he is the best head football coach in the history of the game.

Pointing at Belichick's Cleveland tenure as a way to belittle the man demonstrates a lack of understanding as to what truly transpired. Given more time Belichick would have turned the Cleveland offense around and found 'his' quarterback.

Belichick does not nearly receive the positive recognition he should for his impact on Tom Brady. If you question that then watch video of meetings where Belichick is one-on-one with Brady, along with their sideline conversations.

If you want to take a UM inspired shot at Belichick, go after him for cutting Kosar and Testaverde as the Cleveland shtick is a non-starter. That's not to say Belichick did not make mistakes but had Modell not been so foolish Cleveland would have been the ultimate beneficiary of Belichick's greatness.

I remember when we Canes fans used to love to call Meyer’s offense a gimmick offense. Me included. I then remember Belichick praising it. I was then rut roh.

Maybe not you, but vast majority of Canes' fans who were calling Meyer's offense "gimmicky" didn't really believe what they were spewing. They were in denial, especially in light of the clowns running our offense during that time. Also, nothing could be further from truth about that offense being gimmicky....it was actually a power spread based on veer and triple option concepts.

Being a Dolphins fan I absolutely hate the Pats... BUT, you have to respect what they do. Week to week, game to game, they plan their offense and work against what the other team struggles at. They'll run for 400 yards one week and then turn around and throw for 500 yards the next week. And they basically do this with underwhelming talent. Outside of Brady and Gronk they don't have many superstars. Their OL, as it seems to be the best in the NFL, has no superstars. They get the most out of their talent year to year. They are fun to watch as much as it pains me to say.

Advertisement
Back