The Pantheon of Canes players ...

Advertisement
No love for George Mira Jr.? Just kidding, so many of us look at the entire career of a Cane, including the NFL. We forget how awesome these guys were in college and only really reflecting on their pro career. Just because somebody did not flourish in the pros does not mean he was not the best at his position while he was here.

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
Reed, Lewis, Irvin, Taylor, and myriad others... does anyone else feel Dan Morgan always seem to be left out of the conversation. I’m not saying he is disrespected, but perhaps a little under appreciated. IMO, he is one of if not THE best hurricane defender to ever lace them up. Certainly one of the most decorated.

Maaaaan I've been saying this for YEARS.

Forget about Miami. He's EASILY one of the best college LB's of all time. First to win the Butkus, Nagurski and Bednarik all in the same year. Unanimous first team All-America and conference player of the year.

Dude was an absolute animal.

One interesting thing that seems to be getting overlooked (and is germane to Morgan) is the success former 'Canes are finding in front-office roles in the NFL.

Highsmith
Winston Moss
Dan Morgan

And Eric Winston was the president of the NFLPA for years. I'm sure there are a good few I don't know about or am forgetting.

Advertisement
#44 at LB should of been a thing at miami, an honor to rock for the best LB on the team.. What a missed opportunity. And the only person ever to make rocking butterfly restrictor/cowboycollar fresh af..

Bryon cox gets a mention..

Advertisement
If he didn't hit so **** hard and could have stayed away from the concussions he would have had a hall of fame NFL career. He was All Pro level productive when on the field.
Best COLLEGE LB we have had at UM.

Advertisement
Dan played much of his college career in a shadow time in the Miami. 1997-1999 had some good players but many fans jumped off the wagon. 2000 really caught a lot of people by surprise. Many people did not start watching again until 2001.
Also, people dictate how good your college career was based on how good of a pro career you had.

Advertisement
Back