The Pantheon of Canes players ...

Advertisement
Jesus was brown?

Yeah. Right.
I don’t know what color Jesus (apply Spanish pronunciation) was, but everyone else in the Middle East at the time in human history was brown. Most still are except for a few imports from Eastern Europe. So it stands to reason that Jesus was brown. Just as it stands to reason that Sun Tzu looked Asian, or that Shaka Zulu looked South African (original, not colonialist)

Dan is p[robably underappreciated but when a school keeps dropping players into the NFL HOF it is had to get attention. :plus he was not on a NC team and that hurts. I don't remember thinking Ray was really all the great here, then he got to the pros and bam, he was super man. No breathing room left.

Advertisement
Reed, Lewis, Irvin, Taylor, and myriad others... does anyone else feel Dan Morgan always seem to be left out of the conversation. I’m not saying he is disrespected, but perhaps a little under appreciated. IMO, he is one of if not THE best hurricane defender to ever lace them up. Certainly one of the most decorated.

met him and his dad. both real cool down to earth guys

No!
Anytime a white person does anything that is done mostly by black people they are looked as Jesus lol.
But linebacker does not count because probably half are white lol
Why you think the Grammy's are won mostly by white rappers? lol
let there be a beast white cornerback in the league one day!!! lmao

There are zero white corners starting in the league lmao. I don’t think there will be a best anytime soon.

Reed, Lewis, Irvin, Taylor, and myriad others... does anyone else feel Dan Morgan always seem to be left out of the conversation. I’m not saying he is disrespected, but perhaps a little under appreciated. IMO, he is one of if not THE best hurricane defender to ever lace them up. Certainly one of the most decorated.

He was a heck of a player for us. At one time, he was our career leader in tackles. He was surrounded by so many other studs in his era with us.

He's not underappreciated by anyone who watched him.

The only reason he didn't have a longer NFL career was because of an injury - concussion, I think.

Went 4.54 at the combine at 6'2" 240.

Right there with Darrin Smith (speed).

Advertisement
Ted Hendricks.

Miami 3X All-American (2nd team AA as a sophomore, 1st AA as a junior and as a senior).
UM Hall of Fame
CFB Hall of Fame

4x Super Bowl Champion
8x Pro Bowl
4x First-team All-Pro (1971, 1974, 1980, 1982)
2× Second-team All-Pro (1972, 1976)
NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team
NFL 100th Anniversary All-Time Team
First-team NFL 1970s All-Decade Team
First-team NFL 1980s All-Decade Team
NFL Hall of Fame

He's not underappreciated by anyone who watched him.

The only reason he didn't have a longer NFL career was because of an injury - concussion, I think.

Went 4.54 at the combine at 6'2" 240.

Right there with Darrin Smith (speed).

we would talk a lot more about him if the concussions weren’t an issue for him. He was on his way to be a monster in the league.
As far as college production, I don’t think we’ve had a better player on Defense. 1st (only?) guy to win the Bednarik, Nagurski, and Butkus award all in the same year.

Darrin Smith is also a guy you never here spoken about, but was another one of the greats... the forgotten member of the Bermuda Triange

Advertisement
we would talk a lot more about him if the concussions weren’t an issue for him. He was on his way to be a monster in the league.
As far as college production, I don’t think we’ve had a better player on Defense. 1st (only?) guy to win the Bednarik, Nagurski, and Butkus award all in the same year.

Darrin Smith is also a guy you never here spoken about, but was another one of the greats... the forgotten member of the Bermuda Triange
Darrin wasn't forgotten at all....Fastest LBer in UM History....and Rocks multiple SB Rings

Advertisement

It's ONLY b/c his career was cut short at the next level. He's our most decorated LB ever. Dude was plagued by injuries at the next level, and there is absolutely, positively no doubt in my mind that if he would've stayed healthy, and played an 11 year career, he would've went to multiple pro bowls and possibly in discussion for a def player of the year award.

Dude missed 54 games over a 7 year period. Even missing 4 games in 2004, he hit the 100 tackle and 5 sack mark. Believe he still has the NFL record for most tackles in a SB. Dan is one of my favorite sleeper players. He helped reshape Carolina's defense dang near immediately; I think they were the first team to go from the worst defense to a top 3 unit in one year in NFL history.

2000 Canes
31909245_2035286566513078_5597026836971257856_o.jpg

Dan Morgan was a great college football player. In my opinion one of the two best linebackers in UM history along with Lewis. The greatest UM defender of all time was Ted Hendricks. If you never saw him play you are really missing something. He was the best tackler I have ever seen.

Dan Morgan was a great college football player. In my opinion one of the two best linebackers in UM history along with Lewis. The greatest UM defender of all time was Ted Hendricks. If you never saw him play you are really missing something. He was the best tackler I have ever seen.
I'm not 100% convinced that Ray Ray is a runaway #2 All Time LBer at UM....

Advertisement
Back