The Opening starts tomorrow 6/28

Advertisement
Mallory and Nine Other Commits Ready To Show Out at The Opening

Miami has ten commits competing at Nike's The Opening this weekend and they are ready to show what they can do together.

David Lake

Miami tight end commit Will Mallory is excited about bonding with the nine other UM commits participating Nike’s The Opening camp this weekend.
6_5359433.jpg

(Photo: 247Sports)

Mallory and the nine commits are all on the same team together, team Savage Pro, and he knows it is an opportunity for them to show what they can do on the field together.

“I am excited to go out there and show what I can do," Mallory said. "It is a great opportunity to go against some of the best in the country. I can show not only what I can do, but what the whole Miami class can do when we are on the same team. We could end up winning the whole thing and get everyone excited about what we are building.”

“It is awesome that we have that many commits out here and we all get to hang out. We are fortunate to all be on the same team. It is the first time for a lot of us to meet each other, but it will be a good opportunity to mesh.”

Joining Mallory on the team this weekend will be fellow UM tight end commit Brevin Jordan. This weekend will be a sneak peek at what it will look like for the two standout tight ends to be on the field at the same time.

“I am really excited because we are the two guys at tight end Miami wanted,” Mallory said. “Once he committed, I knew I couldn’t wait any longer. The vision they have for us is exciting and I am ready to get to work there.”

Mallory is looking forward to not only spending more time with Jordan, but also the rest of the UM commits in Oregon.

“We are excited [about the class],” Mallory said. “We are all in a group chat and I feel like we will get closer and closer as the week goes on. Hopefully we can build something special.”

There will be plenty of top Miami targets that will also be competing at The Opening this weekend, but Mallory admits he is not much of a recruiter.

“I am not a big social media guy, but if one of the coaches asked me to start getting on a guy, I will do it. Other than that, I kind of lay low,” Mallory said.

Mallory is a four-star recruit that ranks as the No. 192 overall player in the country according to the 247Sports Composite. He says he plans to be an early enrollee at Miami next spring.

Advertisement
Per 247, it will not be televised by ESPNU this year. However, NFL Network will televise the Final Five Linemen Challenge finals and 7 v 7 finals on Monday.

Advertisement
Anyone have guys to follow on twitter regarding updates? Looks like players are out there doing some throwing.

Thursday is QB/WR drills, Jerry Rice is out there working with the WR's.

Per Barton Simmons on Mark Pope - "In the competition period of the morning, Pope ran a go-route on the outside and his quarterback uncorked one deep. It looked like a sure overthrow but Pope just glided under it, flashing his hands at the last minute to make the catch. The No one makes it look easier than the Miami commit."

Advertisement

Per Barton Simmons on Mark Pope - "In the competition period of the morning, Pope ran a go-route on the outside and his quarterback uncorked one deep. It looked like a sure overthrow but Pope just glided under it, flashing his hands at the last minute to make the catch. The No one makes it look easier than the Miami commit."

I told u man this kid doesnt even hold down R2 or the Right trigger yet

Star Wars?

Advertisement

Star Wars?

Playstation.

Star Wars?

I dont play madden but i think thats the burst trigger on both ps4 and xb

Advertisement
Back