The one thing we do well

Advertisement
What I don’t understand is a run-first approach doesn’t have to mean a **** offense. Look at USC - Lincoln Riley doesn’t really go up-tempo. He did at times last night to get Caleb Williams into a groove (side note, that cat has some Spencer Rattler in him, he’s just ok), but for the most part it’s still an explosive offense that takes their time dissecting matchups.

It also features a heavy and dynamic rushing attack that at times, carries their offense. Mario would be smart to run something like that - physically imposing up front, but explosive in the passing game that eventually opens up the run.

You also alluded to this before, but spreading out 3-4 WRs and having less guys in the box actually makes it easier to run the ball lol. Not some shot gun formation 5 yds behind the LOS with 7 guys on the line screaming run.
It continues to amaze me that offensive coaches try to make things so difficult when there is a clear blueprint that USC and Ohio State run perfectly.

Advertisement
When aTm lost to App State, they bounced back and beat us in a clunker and just beat Woo Pig in another clunker.
When Notre Dame lost to Marshall, they bounced back and beat Cal in a clunker and blew the brakes off UNC.
Hopefully...we beat UNC in a clunker and blow the brakes off VaTech and get this ship back on track.

Its all I got, brother.
The funny thing is that this could actually happen. We’re four games into a new regime, after 18 years of cultural rot and mediocrity. Yesterdays loss was inexcusable, but so have losses almost every season going back as long as I can remember. This isn’t going to be a short process, unfortunately.

Little chance of that. But Mario can go the co-OC route like Harbaugh did last year.
Don't think that would improve things based on what we saw at Oregon.

In 14 games Herbert's senior year, he had 32 TDs.
- 5 of those games he threw 1TD or less (2 of those he had zero).
- 18 of his 36 TDS came in 4 games against Montana (5), Nevada (5), Arizona (4) and Washington (4). Washington is the only decent defense in that bunch.
- For reference, Arizona was 126th in passing D, Nevada was 99th and Washington was 56th.

- He also threw the ball 30 times or less 8 of those games, more than half. 6 of those 8 were 28 passes or less.
- He threw for <200 in each of his final 3 college games (Oregon State, Utah and Wisconsin)......<250 in 7 of this 14 senior games.
- Again for reference, Oregon State was 117th in passing D while Utah and Wisconsin were tied for 12th.

Mario had a Top10 NFL QB and just refused to use him. I honestly think that's one reason Herbert's only weakness right now in the NFL is closing out games. He wasn't asked to do it in college. All they did was run. If Mario wants to succeed in Miami, he needs to be able to modernize his attack (and demand so from his OC) to not simply have tunnel vision to control games with the run to give his D a rest (something i do agree with at times bc Manny wasn't able to do it and it showed) but also put up points with the pass, and help set up runs with the pass, AS WELL as recruit all those skill positions. If you tilt too far to one side, you lose interest from those recruits. Bama and Ohio State have found a nice balance with that. Gattis imo is NOT that guy. His passing schemes are leaving a lot to be desired at this point and like Manny, he appears stubborn thus far to make tweaks. It seems like each stop Gattis was at, he was a co-OC or had a coach step in at some point. I'm starting to see why.

Miami has had 3 cupcakes on the schedule plus A&M. Yet this offense is 77th in yards per play. AWFUL and unacceptable in every way.

no 3 and outs!

27 first downs!

fluke!

we dominated!

for the last time and im looking at all my negs - you can play a bend and dont break on us. we can't score on MTSU in the red zone competently even w Garcia back there.
We refuse to throw the ball into the end zone while we’re in the red zone. We didn’t do it one time against A&M and the only time we did it Saturday was when Garcia was throwing a ball away. We run these patterns just outside the goal line and expect our players to always pick up the yac to score.

Advertisement
Keep telling yourselves these players aren’t trash 😂. Gattis can go back to Michigan but again, these players are trash.

MTSU bullied our shìt. Take the glasses off. These ****** suck.

No TE or WR can consistently block. Parrish running out of bounds with nothing but green between him and the goal line. Gattis on his Enos Shìt with them slow *** plays. TVD got 5 seconds and still can’t hit anything. Everybody going up top on our cbs and wrs. These ****** sorry.

Mario ain’t told us no lies. He has all but said the talent needs a huge upgrade. Gotta read between the lines. Every interview is “the practice is ok but it’s not elite.” Translation: these ****** suck but we will keep pushing them.

Last edited:
Keep telling yourselves these players aren’t trash 😂. Gattis can go back to Michigan but again, these players are trash.

MTSU bullied our shìt. Take the glasses off. These ****** suck.
Bullied us on both sides of the ball.

Advertisement
Y’all wanted a coach that runs the ball no matter what. And then you cheered his hiring of an OC that runs the ball all the time. Idk what everyone expected to happen. I know you probably told yourself it would be different here, but it’s not. And it never has been with other coaches either.

Make excuses.

The last couple weeks I’ve heard coaches blaming the wr’s , It hasn’t been a secret going back to spring. Then we bench our qb and suddenly it starts leaking out that the wr’s didn’t like him and it’s been his fault. He’s made them look worse than what they are lol. I mean who wouldn’t want to be in this foxhole with this staff, players and fans? It’s all good until you hit rock bottom then we gotta find a scape goat.

We‘ve had fans sliding in to defend the honor of coaches who have suspect resumes when it comes to offense and developing qb’s. Quick to throw a kid under the bus as a “ jag” or “bum”. Fact is I said TVD didn’t look right during the Bcu game and the S Miss game. Constant patting of the ball and choppy feet is a giveaway. I also said this offense was a dramatic change from Rhett. It’s very complicated. Which makes no sense in 2022, when you only get so much time in the class room. **** even the NFL has gone the way of college offenses, making it easier for qb’s to adapt to the pro game. On top of that the game is heavily slanted to the offense.

Yesterday MTSU repeatedly outnumbered Miami in the box by one, two , sometimes three men yet we still ran right into the teeth of the defense. That’s the definition of insanity. We’d rather lose and make a point versus doing the alternative. This offense is fish in a barrel , MTSU had the gun.

I’ve said my piece on playing in space , how it makes the game easier for the qb’s, wr’s, Ol and even the Oc’s calling plays. It makes disguising harder for the defense, it spreads them thin. But we’re way past that argument now.

We’re at the point where Mario evolves like Saban offensively or keeps beating his head in the wall. He’s hard headed as F so I know which way I’m leaning. When you say In the presser “ they had us outnumbered most plays , but we couldn’t block them up“ tells you everything. He’s talking execution when they had a one or two body advantage. That’s just stupid and something a caveman would say. You ever heard of “ work smarter , not harder?

I‘ve said for awhile If they aren’t tailoring this O to Tvd’s skill set they need to just go to Garcia. This scheme is more fitting for him. Just like I did with King and TVD last year. It looks like we’ve gotten the answer on that. Sadly it took four games to come to that conclusion.

This staff is being paid too much to put that product on the field , there’s no excuses. Hopefully everyone is doing some self evaluation. Maybe spend more time doing that than throwing players and teammates under the bus. Only the people in the locker room can fix this. There’s only two ways this thing can go.
So how quick is he fired? Sounds like he’s not going to go the way of Saban, and just handle the OL stuff and recruit. Wants his philosophy of offense there and will go down with the ship. Are we stuck with this for at least 3 more years?

Advertisement
Y’all wanted a coach that runs the ball no matter what. And then you cheered his hiring of an OC that runs the ball all the time. Idk what everyone expected to happen. I know you probably told yourself it would be different here, but it’s not. And it never has been with other coaches either.

It's not just that though - Gattis tried to throw the ball against A&M, at times when he should have kept running bc it was working. It's just that his routes, spacing, scheme is so bad it's not producing. And please don't bring up the WR talent crap. MTSU pushed our sh*t in with low level WRs, the 1 guy was 5-7 150 pounds. I'm not expert but i'm thinking he's not 5-star material.

Advertisement
Back