The one thing we do well

Cribby SNAPPED. Rightfully so. I wasn’t super pro Mario (even as a Columbus alum). I’ve learned not to get hype because of a coaching change. But he did the one thing the rest haven’t. He came in and said they would ply to the strengths of the team they do have. That made me believe this could be different. Then came organizational changes and strong hires. I was in. Things were different. He wasn’t gonna try and force a style on an I’ll equipped team.

That has now proven to be a flat out lie. That’s the most infuriating part. This team was 7-5 last year. You’re telling me Mario couldn’t come in and get 3 more wins by playing a similar style? That’s a sad reality if he couldn’t do that knowing 3 of those losses were Bama (not on schedule) FSU (lol) UVA (lol) UNC (lol).

Why is it so hard for coaches to understand you will never have your ideal roster in the first year at a new school? Work with what you have. Squeeze the juice out of the orange. Game plan relentlessly. WIN! Make noise by winning then Attract your talent. Adapt your style to the talent. But nah. Every coach wants to squeeze the juice out of the excuses. “I don’t have my players yet”. Guess what? Losing won’t get them here faster you goof.

Advertisement
Roster is rotten and full of JAGs, cliques, soft dudes who don’t care. I’ll maintain that. It was mentioned by insiders yesterday.

15-20 players need to leave - and we need 28-30 in the 2023 class + Mel Tucker approach in the portal for bandaids.

With that being said, Mario needs to evolve offensively or we’re done for.

These same guys fought for Manny when it was over.

Has anyone been paying attention to cfb scores? G5 and FCS teams are scaring and beating p5 teams every week.

The talent difference has become smaller. You can’t give an unfocused effort and you can’t set your players up with bad schemes and plays.

We are doing both and look awful right now.

I'm not the genius that thought Lashlee was our lord and savior. It's real convient how you hop on and off bandwagons to fit a narrative. I distributed blame accurately the strategy was not the reason we lost. A week ago you pretended Flagg turned the corner. I'll pass on Cribby hot takes.
coaching was why we lost yesterday.

Advertisement
As a former OL are you dead set on your philosophy or are you willing to evolve like coach Saban did? You seem dead set on playing inside the hashes in a phone booth while the majority of cfb has went the opposite way.
I'm unclear on two things. First, he seems to spread it out horizontally, just not vertically, which I've attributed to lack of talent, speed, separation by wide receivers. Second, who calls the shots on the offense? While Mario hired him, it seems he has handed over the reigns (scheme/play calling/game planning) to Gattis. Hard to know without an inside view of the program how directive Mario actually is.

I'm unclear on two things. First, he seems to spread it out horizontally, just not vertically, which I've attributed to lack of talent, speed, separation by wide receivers. Second, who calls the shots on the offense? While Mario hired him, it seems he has handed over the reigns (scheme/play calling/game planning) to Gattis. Hard to know without an inside view of the program how directive Mario actually is.
We rarely play to the hashes. It’s mostly congested inside the hashes.

Advertisement
We’ve had nearly a hundred year to turn the tables on MT, a hundred years nearly, and we laid this hot, steamy, bubbling pile of caca. We should have hired their coaches…

Make excuses.

The last couple weeks I’ve heard coaches blaming the wr’s , It hasn’t been a secret going back to spring. Then we bench our qb and suddenly it starts leaking out that the wr’s didn’t like him and it’s been his fault. He’s made them look worse than what they are lol. I mean who wouldn’t want to be in this foxhole with this staff, players and fans? It’s all good until you hit rock bottom then we gotta find a scape goat.

We‘ve had fans sliding in to defend the honor of coaches who have suspect resumes when it comes to offense and developing qb’s. Quick to throw a kid under the bus as a “ jag” or “bum”. Fact is I said TVD didn’t look right during the Bcu game and the S Miss game. Constant patting of the ball and choppy feet is a giveaway. I also said this offense was a dramatic change from Rhett. It’s very complicated. Which makes no sense in 2022, when you only get so much time in the class room. **** even the NFL has gone the way of college offenses, making it easier for qb’s to adapt to the pro game. On top of that the game is heavily slanted to the offense.

Yesterday MTSU repeatedly outnumbered Miami in the box by one, two , sometimes three men yet we still ran right into the teeth of the defense. That’s the definition of insanity. We’d rather lose and make a point versus doing the alternative. This offense is fish in a barrel , MTSU had the gun.

I’ve said my piece on playing in space , how it makes the game easier for the qb’s, wr’s, Ol and even the Oc’s calling plays. It makes disguising harder for the defense, it spreads them thin. But we’re way past that argument now.

We’re at the point where Mario evolves like Saban offensively or keeps beating his head in the wall. He’s hard headed as F so I know which way I’m leaning. When you say In the presser “ they had us outnumbered most plays , but we couldn’t block them up“ tells you everything. He’s talking execution when they had a one or two body advantage. That’s just stupid and something a caveman would say. You ever heard of “ work smarter , not harder?

I‘ve said for awhile If they aren’t tailoring this O to Tvd’s skill set they need to just go to Garcia. This scheme is more fitting for him. Just like I did with King and TVD last year. It looks like we’ve gotten the answer on that. Sadly it took four games to come to that conclusion.

This staff is being paid too much to put that product on the field , there’s no excuses. Hopefully everyone is doing some self evaluation. Maybe spend more time doing that than throwing players and teammates under the bus. Only the people in the locker room can fix this. There’s only two ways this thing can go.
What is Zo’s role in all this? What does he have the power to do, suggest, pressure Mario to do?

Advertisement
When I heard confirmation of what I could see with my own eyes..the rifts, the clique ****, the "I don't like TVD, I ain't catching ****" mentality...all I need to know about this season. Those expecting some miracle bye week transformation are in for some rough Saturdays. Nothing truly substantial will change. Moving a couple players around, demoting TVD might buy you some drives...but the core philosophy will still exist. Hope guy is prepared to make big changes this off-season.

I agree there. im not singling one person out. I dont even blame gattis for yesterday. its on Mario now.
We watched Spencer Rattler do the exact same thing last year with his same staff. Sometimes the hype works to detriment of a player. I don't see any way TVD recovers from yesterday in a Miami jersey.

Advertisement
We watched Spencer Rattler do the exact same thing last year with his same staff. Sometimes the hype works to detriment of a player. I don't see any way TVD recovers from yesterday in a Miami jersey.
I saw his interviews all week, the lost and defeated look on his face told it all.

He rather beat his head into the wall doing things his way than evolve.
There are some smart people in the room such as Alonzo. Is there really no chance that one of the adults in the room finally sits Mario down and has that difficult conversation with him? I mean I guess the AD can force it on him but that’s not really how it should go down.

Advertisement
Back