The Official FIRE Mark Richt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butch is an old fart, Cribby, but I doubt he tries being the CEO and staff member, too. Richt will be fine if he doesn’t try to wear both hats. The nepotism along w his refusal to step in to the 21st Century is amazing.

Bama for years have had great college running backs, but a chitty QB, so they played to that strength. Now that Bama has a world class QB, they are one of the most explosive offenses in CFB b/c the O philosophy has changed due to personnel.

Richt is trying to treat us like we have a dominant OL and Gurley and Chubb in the back field, and that’s simply not going to cut it. That’s y he needs an OC to best utilize the talent we have and put us in the best position to win.

No Butch, that part of our history is over. It was a good run, but some of y’all guys got to move on. Its almost twenty years dude lol. Those type of hires rarely work anyways.

We need a young , up and comer.

As for Bama there offenses have statistically been good the last 4/5years, running tempo and a lot of spread. Tua has just made them into a machine. The days of lining up in I and being conservative have been over for a bit there.

Bama uses a lot of smoke in mirrors now , Saban learned defending those type of offenses is a *****. Their Offense started changing under Kiffin.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dpb3nsLUcAEeuGP.jpg:large
:pgdead: Is that Alf Richten?

Advertisement
You are all over reacting. Kick out a proven head coach that is alumni like this and good luck getting anyone worth a shiit to come coach here. I wouldn't want to come here to deal with an unrealistic fan base flying banners at every upset loss.

Advertisement
You are all over reacting. Kick out a proven head coach that is alumni like this and good luck getting anyone worth a shiit to come coach here. I wouldn't want to come here to deal with an unrealistic fan base flying banners at every upset loss.
Lane Kiffin would salivate at the opportunity to be OC here...then eventually HC. Kiffin is a jerk, the type of jerk UM needs as coach. His offensive philosophy would demolish the opposition.

Lane Kiffin would salivate at the opportunity to be OC here...then eventually HC. Kiffin is a jerk, the type of jerk UM needs as coach. His offensive philosophy would demolish the opposition.
It sounds crazy and thats why it would probably work

He's proven exactly why Georgia fired him. They were 100% correct. Now he's brought that same exact crap here...the results show.
Oh and alumni/long time Hurricane coach Randy was gone by year 4.

But that was a different " color matter. ":rolleyes:

Advertisement

I think we all get your point, and I certainly have my moments where I start to think like what you are saying here. But, there's really nothing unrealistic about asking an experienced HC, who considers himself a QB guru, in his third season at the school, to not lose a game to freeking UVA when his defense gives up 200 yards of total offense and hands him three turnovers. To top that off, the way he benched Perry after six passes and never even gave him an inkling that there would be a shot to get back in the game, despite Rosier playing like absolute garbage from the moment he entered the game..., well, I found it extremely cowardly and despicable.

There are many who would be very willing to try and move forward with this staff very largely intact if CMR would take a long hard look in the mirror and do what is best for the student-athletes and the football program in general, which would be to can his son (or even keep him on in an off-field role) and hire a well regarded, energetic innovator to run the offense and coach QB's. I count myself among this group (for now). Even Richt's strongest defenders would acknowledge he appears to be too stubborn for this outcome to be likely.

Hence the despair.

Change is needed. He can either make it himself, or he can drag this program through the slop and eventually the change will come without his consent. Do not blame the fans, the ultimate outcome is entirely within the control of the man in charge.

It sounds crazy and thats why it would probably work

As much as I am not a fan of Kiffin, if he would really come here to be OC, just tell me where the sign up sheet is.

I think he's waiting on a head job. What's he making again at FAU anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back