The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Good post, but the one aspect i disagree with you on is this:

WHO you hire or it being a splash goes beyond it being important to only the message board community. In my respectful opinion, who you hire or it being a splash may determine the LEVEL of talent that is willing to come to Miami on offense. Does D’Eriq King come without Rhett Lashlee? Some say no. Does Addison from Pitt go to USC if not for Lincoln Riley? Perhaps not.

To me, its not just about next year and maximizing the talent that is already here, it is also about maximizing the talent that is coming in at the offensive skill positions. I think big time receivers and quarterbacks care about that sort of thing and in spite of Mario’s recruiting prowess, it still does not seem we are cleaning up in that department.

The splash doesn’t matter for this year, because recruiting that affects 2023 fall performance is all but over. May be a portal wide receiver here or there, but what we have now is 99% of what we’re going to have in the fall, more or less assuming there is no big portal exodus.

So if it is not a “splash“ hire, but it ends up being a very effective hire, we’re going to significantly improve our offensive production based on last year. That may be better than or equal to an actual splash hire. I think it’s more going to be about what we do with what we have next fall. But that’s just me.

Advertisement
Randy Rhoads yes. Eddie VH, no. Never been a fan of VH. Not that he’s not talented. It’s just that there’s probably 10-15 guitarists I would take before him.
Eddie was unreal in his younger days. Unfortunately I missed seeing Randy Rhoads by a day at the OB as the plane crash happened right before the show. I don’t think his body of work is better than Eddie’s. I don’t think he’s more creative than Eddie and I think both of trounce kill the rest on that list I was referencing. These are all personal preferences though.

You ever eat at a Kenny Rogers roasters? They had a money cherry cobbler
1675625547409.gif

People may start to realize by now that Miami just isn't a good job based on its past.
I pretty much agree with you. It's going to take a few years to get us back to where guys are fighting over themselves to come work here. Hopefully the next OC (and potentially DC) hires start that process. But it's going to take time.

Advertisement
Disagree big time.

Page
Clapton
Hendrix
Gilmour
Iommi

Just to name a few
You can disagree all you want....There's not a Great Rock Guitarist who wouldn't agree....Iommi wasn't better than EVH....Page was wayyyy overrated, as was Keith Richard's. Terry Kath was better than the guys you listed.

I think it’s a solid hire. Not a home run or a **** hire imo.

That’s sort of how I interpreted your comments on it. I’m going to be honest I don’t know if we can get a home run hire or what everybody would agree at is a home run hire. I mean who is that person? Lincoln Riley? Frost? One or two other names. Like I keep saying, I’m just looking for somebody that knows how to use the talent we have and adapts so that we score as many points as we possibly can next year in an effort to win as many games as possible. And remember it’s not always about fast scoring, sometimes it’s about ball control too.

Advertisement
Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Motley Crue
Dio
Scorpions
AC/DC
Dokken
All better than Metallica.....
AC/DC is not better than Metallica. All AC/DC *****, basically sounds the same. It’s literally different guitar riffs over the same gah**** beat. And they’re better than Motley Crue, Dokken, Scorpions …pretty much errybody on your list except IM and JP. And they had more hits, than both. People tend to hate on Metallica because they developed somewhat of a “commercial” sounds in the 90’s.

Eddie was unreal in his younger days. Unfortunately I missed seeing Randy Rhoads by a day at the OB as the plane crash happened right before the show. I don’t think his body of work is better than Eddie’s. I don’t think he’s more creative than Eddie and I think both of trounce kill the rest on that list I was referencing. These are all personal preferences though.
I hear what you’re saying but I just don’t like Van Halen’s music. Eddie was could shred for sure but there’s just so many other guitarists I would choose for making the music I want to listen to.

Advertisement
AC/DC is not better than Metallica. All AC/DC *****, basically sounds the same. It’s literally different guitar riffs over the same gah**** beat. And they’re better than Motley Crue, Dokken, Scorpions …pretty much errybody on your list except IM and JP. And they had more hits, than both. People tend to hate on Metallica because they developed somewhat of a “commercial” sounds in the 90’s.
Not only is AC/DC better than Metallica....Angus Young sh*ts on Hammett....Back in Black album wipes it's *** with anything Metallica ever did....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back