The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I like the Kevin Wilson tree guys—Littrell and Johns. That’s the offense I’d personally like to see at UM. I’m tepid on Candle. There are some legit questions being raised about him here. Also think OC should be QB coach. Doubt there’s any way it’s Frost or Mullen. I’m hoping nobody knows what’s going on and that seems plausible.
Big fan of Littrell and wish he would be the candidate but he’s a RB/TE coach. I would make an exception for him

So if im following these threads correctly, here are my major takeaways of the past week:

1. Mario is an awful project manager who doesn't know how to hire/fire anyone and will be on chopping block in the next 12-24 months

2. Candle, a sitting HC, would be an awful OC hire

3. Rees would have been a disastrous hire last season, even though he was good enough for Saban to hire him

4. Steele is a horrific DC but again, apparently good enough for Saban

5. We shouldn't promote Strong to DC but he's too old and hasn't coordinated a D in 'years', even though he was essentially the DC at USF and Louisville

I missing anything?
This board never disappoints biggest bunch of idiots and they have no clue.
Fake tough guys as well

Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Motley Crue
Dio
Scorpions
AC/DC
Dokken
All better than Metallica.....
Love this list and Megadeth I think should be on this list as well. Dave Mustaine was great. Sabbath the father of heavy metal.
But in my humble opinion I don’t think Motley Crue or AC/DC or Scorpions belong on this list. I don’t think anyone labels them in the heavy metal category, which Mettallica, Sabbath, Maiden, Dio and Priest and Dokken are.
And in my opinion, Mettallica is a great band, before they “sold out” like the heavy metal diehards say. For a heavy metal band to be able to cross over with Black album and become mainstream is impressive regardless.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not exactly. He’s not the best, nor the worst, IMHO. He ***** on the AC/DC drummer for example.
Lars was unique with his style and decent on slower paced songs. AC/DC is one of the most overrated bands IMHO. Musically meh, they are a pop band that plays metal. Their songs are anthems and sing alongs but musically weak and all sound very similar.

My money is still on a dark horse candidate with little to no mention from media and fan base
1675620833442.gif

Advertisement
Yeah, I agree, stick a fork in Mario. He’s done. If he hires Candle let’s just go ahead and fire him now, and make Candle the head coach/OC or Charlie Strong the HC/DC. or better yet, maybe we can lure Saban. Get to work Ruiz.

Skipping the stick a fork in him comment because Mario isn’t going anywhere, do you agree with the first two paragraphs and the surrounding concerns?

I don't believe Mario would agree that "we have to make a milestone jump" in any timeframe, b/c that's not the way process-oriented individuals approach expectations; actually, it's completely counter to how process-oriented builders set expectations.

Furthermore, if in one year from now kids are telling Mario,"the guy you bring in to call plays is a dud", it truly won't matter if that guy was hired in December or February. Getting the hire right is much more important than timing of a public announcement. And as far as the offseason program, I don't believe the fundamentals of each position-grouping will differ much from one OC to the next.

Lastly, you don't commit the finances, time-frame and institutional resources to a guy like Mario and then second-guess his process. I think by catering to his every demand, including firing the AD, you've made it clear his opinion about hiring coaches and building the program supersedes "those around him".
As a Mario supporter I disagree some what. Last year he took for ever and got it wrong and he’s repeating the process again this year.

You can absolutely second guess the process especially with the current results and you question it until he proves to everyone that he can get things right.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back